Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am not happy with Mick 22:03 - Apr 24 with 8654 viewsBluefish

He has long won the war and humiliated the numbskulls, they are so quiet these days because they know how badly they got it wrong. It is sad to see Mick laying the boot in when they are down even if he is right

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I am not happy with Mick on 10:51 - Apr 25 with 2882 viewsTractorCam

I am not happy with Mick on 10:46 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

Is football about scrapping a 1-0 loss instead now?

Bobby Robson "What is a club? It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city".

I certainly feel the noise, passion and feeling of belonging this season. Haven't felt any pride since 2015 but fingers crossed that's next season.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I am not happy with Mick on 10:53 - Apr 25 with 2875 viewsHerbivore

I am not happy with Mick on 10:51 - Apr 25 by TractorCam

Bobby Robson "What is a club? It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city".

I certainly feel the noise, passion and feeling of belonging this season. Haven't felt any pride since 2015 but fingers crossed that's next season.

I've felt no pride this season. We've been abject.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I am not happy with Mick on 10:55 - Apr 25 with 2867 viewsTractorCam

I am not happy with Mick on 10:53 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

I agreed with that. What about the other 3?

I am not happy with Mick on 10:56 - Apr 25 with 2868 viewsPJH

I am not happy with Mick on 10:51 - Apr 25 by TractorCam

As Paul Lambert keeps saying "it is not normal".

I am amazing myself by still being firmly behind PL given my belief that results are paramount but it surely cannot last for ever like this either for me or most other people.

He has got to get results next season and he has got to get them early.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 11:03]
I am not happy with Mick on 10:56 - Apr 25 with 2866 viewsBlueBadger

I am not happy with Mick on 10:53 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

I can only think that there's been some kind of weird Stockholm syndrome affect a huge amount of Town supporters, a bit like when Keane was in charge is taking hold. Even after he was sacked people would(and one or two still do) defend him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I am not happy with Mick on 10:59 - Apr 25 with 2860 viewsTractorCam

I am not happy with Mick on 10:56 - Apr 25 by PJH

As Paul Lambert keeps saying "it is not normal".

I am amazing myself by still being firmly behind PL given my belief that results are paramount but it surely cannot last for ever like this either for me or most other people.

He has got to get results next season and he has got to get them early.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 11:03]

Exactly. The club has just been riding on empty since the play off season. Lambert has installed a sense of belonging back into the fans by going to great lengths behind the scenes. But it won't last forever, and given we now have a bigger target next season we really need the results in August/September otherwise that feeling will most definitely go.

I am not happy with Mick on 10:59 - Apr 25 with 2860 viewsHerbivore

I am not happy with Mick on 10:55 - Apr 25 by TractorCam

I agreed with that. What about the other 3?

The atmosphere is okay. I'm not from Ipswich so those other things don't apply to me.

I am not happy with Mick on 11:04 - Apr 25 with 2844 viewsBlueBadger

I am not happy with Mick on 10:59 - Apr 25 by TractorCam

Exactly. The club has just been riding on empty since the play off season. Lambert has installed a sense of belonging back into the fans by going to great lengths behind the scenes. But it won't last forever, and given we now have a bigger target next season we really need the results in August/September otherwise that feeling will most definitely go.

That sense of belong is built on literally nothing apart from a few obsequious press conferences and the occasional bit of tippy-happy midfield play before losing without a whimper. Lambert desperately needs a flying start next season and I'm not at at convinced we'll do that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

I am not happy with Mick on 11:36 - Apr 25 with 2825 viewsTractorCam

I am not happy with Mick on 11:04 - Apr 25 by BlueBadger

That sense of belong is built on literally nothing apart from a few obsequious press conferences and the occasional bit of tippy-happy midfield play before losing without a whimper. Lambert desperately needs a flying start next season and I'm not at at convinced we'll do that.

That feeling of belonging has stemmed from him meeting Blue Action to discuss the ways to improve the atmosphere. When I saw that it was good to see a manager invite fans to see him just for something like that. Following from this we've also had the extended discounts for home games and fanzone events put on by Evans. You can't fault that efforts have been doubled this season by both Lambert and Evans.

I agree with next season though, I think we will do well but need a blistering start. 4-3-3 is my concern.

I am not happy with Mick on 12:24 - Apr 25 with 2799 viewsActionMan

Fun fact. Mick's never managed a team that he hasn't relegated or hasn't been relegated following his departure.

Millwall - Appointed in 1992 - Left in 1996 (Millwall relegated that same year)
Sunderland - Appointed in 2003 - sacked in 2006 (Sunderland relegated that same year)
Wolves - Appointed in 2006 - sacked in 2012 (Wolves relegated same year, and relegated season after)
Ipswich - Appointed in 2012 - left in 2018 (Ipswich relegated year after)

For all the numbskull slaying that fact alone is pretty damning of himself and how he runs clubs. and the state he leaves them in. You wont read that in the Daily Fail though.
I am not happy with Mick on 12:36 - Apr 25 with 2788 viewsHerbivore

I am not happy with Mick on 12:24 - Apr 25 by ActionMan

Fun fact. Mick's never managed a team that he hasn't relegated or hasn't been relegated following his departure.

Sunderland - Appointed in 2003 - sacked in 2006 (Sunderland relegated that same year)
Wolves - Appointed in 2006 - sacked in 2012 (Wolves relegated same year, and relegated season after)

For all the numbskull slaying that fact alone is pretty damning of himself and how he runs clubs. and the state he leaves them in. You wont read that in the Daily Fail though.

That's an interesting take on it.

I am not happy with Mick on 13:05 - Apr 25 with 2762 viewsTractorCam

Mick gets sacked in same year as team goes down

"All these teams have got relegated after I've gone, be careful what you wish for"

I am not happy with Mick on 13:31 - Apr 25 with 2747 viewsActionMan

I am not happy with Mick on 13:05 - Apr 25 by TractorCam

Mick gets sacked in same year as team goes down

"All these teams have got relegated after I've gone, be careful what you wish for"

We were 4 points off relegation in 2017 under him too. If it wasn't for Lawrence we would have been relegated comfortably. That seems to get ignored by the Daily Fail too.
I am not happy with Mick on 13:33 - Apr 25 with 2741 viewsNo9

That is the history I expected everyone would have been aware of?
I am not happy with Mick on 13:34 - Apr 25 with 2741 viewsTractorCam

I am not happy with Mick on 13:31 - Apr 25 by ActionMan

We were 4 points off relegation in 2017 under him too. If it wasn't for Lawrence we would have been relegated comfortably. That seems to get ignored by the Daily Fail too.

He was our only attacking threat in that horrible, horrible season. But remember he turned water into wine!

I am not happy with Mick on 13:34 - Apr 25 with 2740 viewsActionMan

I am not happy with Mick on 12:36 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

That's an interesting take on it.

His clubs being relegated the season of, or after departure (in Wolves case both) is no coincidence. There has not been one club side he's managed that this has not happened and he's the only common factor between every one of those situations.

Coincidence? I think not.
I am not happy with Mick on 13:34 - Apr 25 with 2739 viewsHerbivore

There's some fantastic straw clutching going on here.

I am not happy with Mick on 13:38 - Apr 25 with 2726 viewsNo9

I am not happy with Mick on 13:34 - Apr 25 by TractorCam

He was our only attacking threat in that horrible, horrible season. But remember he turned water into wine!

Bart has played a very big part in MM retaining Div 2 league status
I am not happy with Mick on 13:39 - Apr 25 with 2724 viewsNo9

I am not happy with Mick on 13:34 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

What do you mean 'straw clutching' ?
The history is there for all to read, in fact I'm very surprised you were not aware of it
I am not happy with Mick on 13:41 - Apr 25 with 2722 viewsActionMan

I don't see how it's straw clutching in that every club he has managed has gone down the season he managed them, or the season after.

It's pretty danming. He's not the great manager the Daily Fail is making him out to be and it's likely given our form in 2018 while he was still here that we could have gone down anyway had he stayed on. His last months here we were already one of the worst teams in the league.
I am not happy with Mick on 13:46 - Apr 25 with 2718 viewsKropotkin123

And if you speak to the fans of those teams he left a similarly divided fanbase.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I am not happy with Mick on 13:47 - Apr 25 with 2717 viewsNo9

I am not happy with Mick on 13:41 - Apr 25 by ActionMan

I don't see how it's straw clutching in that every club he has managed has gone down the season he managed them, or the season after.

It's pretty danming. He's not the great manager the Daily Fail is making him out to be and it's likely given our form in 2018 while he was still here that we could have gone down anyway had he stayed on. His last months here we were already one of the worst teams in the league.

As I have posted, relegation was always on the cards MM or any other manager simply because Bart had done more than enough to ensure survivial points.

& hasn't the Dail M shown considerable distaste for ITFC & its owner?
I am not happy with Mick on 13:56 - Apr 25 with 2707 viewsTractorCam

Or just basic facts in pointing out that he's not the magic man some of you on here want to believe he is.

I am not happy with Mick on 14:11 - Apr 25 with 2697 viewsHerbivore

I am not happy with Mick on 13:34 - Apr 25 by ActionMan

His clubs being relegated the season of, or after departure (in Wolves case both) is no coincidence. There has not been one club side he's managed that this has not happened and he's the only common factor between every one of those situations.

Coincidence? I think not.

And there is more than one conclusion you can draw from that.

I am not happy with Mick on 14:13 - Apr 25 with 2693 viewsNo9

I am not happy with Mick on 14:11 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

And there is more than one conclusion you can draw from that.

Please elucidate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024