Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being like the Blunts 09:40 - Apr 28 with 6216 viewsMullet

Seen this a few times after yesterday. They went down in 2011, didn't resurface until 2017. They spent big, they went back for Ched Evans half way through that stint in the third tier having spent money hand over fist at that level and not gone up.

The only part of that I can see us matching is the six years in the wilderness. Wilder might well be what would have happened if Magilton had come in when we were that far down, you can't knock what the bloke has done and I think many dismiss him as a tracksuit manager. But it did make me question Lambert's thinking yesterday.

Perhaps, we are just so weak now we could never stop them anyway, but matching them up is apparently a cardinal sin at Ipswich. Our lack of identity compared to their was staggering.

Contrast that to Norwich, who celebrated promotion with a manager many wanted out well into this season because he finished lower than us, didn't spend enough money and various other reasons.

It does make you wonder how Lambert will forge an identity here at Ipswich. He's had long enough you might argue, but he's had one window and all that has done is add to the injured list and muddy the waters some more.

People are already talking about deadlines with him, which suggests we are in for a nervy start to Div 3 life. I remember when we went to Villa Park as couple of locals were asking us what he was like, did we like him etc. They smiled at our answer and said "yeah he said all the right things here, but tried to play tippy tappy football rather than get results". That's why he had to go at Villa.

Makes you wonder what we will tolerate now especially as Evans holds all the cards and little of the blame still. I fear we are so backed into a corner now we need a new ITFC from the summer onwards. Not just the squad but the whole club needs a clean sweep of sorts or this losing habit won't be broken.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Being like the Blunts on 14:08 - Apr 29 with 617 viewsreusersfreekicks

Being like the Blunts on 17:55 - Apr 28 by Mullet

By finishing above them as discussed.

Well not really they finished above us more often including in a league above
Being like the Blunts on 14:09 - Apr 29 with 614 viewsreusersfreekicks

Being like the Blunts on 13:47 - Apr 29 by ITFC_Forever

The game on Saturday, and also Norwich's performances this season has spelt out the massive chasm between us and the two automatically promoted sides.... they both have a well-drilled, deeply embedded pattern of play that they know, trust and all the players are comfortable with - in stark contrast to us.

PL is starting to lose credit as we have only made slight improvements under his management. He doesn't seem to grasp the fact that we are not good enough collectively or individually to play one up-front and we are still to easy to score against.
The benefit of the doubt I will give him is that ME and Hurst gave him a hospital pass with the job he was left to do - and by the time the transfer window came around, we were already 10 points from safety and it was therefore very difficult to attract new players that were any good, so we were left with the crap, the injury-prone, the forgotten and the desperate.

We need to hit the ground running next season, or the knives will be out for ME and PL. PL for still not winning games in a lower division and ME for allowing all this to happen on his watch.

His inability to improve the defence in any lasting way is not promising
Being like the Blunts on 14:23 - Apr 29 with 609 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Being like the Blunts on 14:56 - Apr 28 by Mullet

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. To say we can't compare ourselves to them and then do so is odd in the least. It shows exactly why we should scrutinise Evans.

We finished above them, that is a fact. To say we didn't outdo them in that respect is bizarre. That's the fundamental measurement of success in football.

As for a debate about Mick, there isn't one. Getting rid of him has done nothing but cause us harm and ruin.

It’s not the getting rid of MM that has caused the harm and ruin. The true cause is the mismanagement of the club by the owner.
Being like the Blunts on 19:24 - Apr 29 with 552 viewsbournemouthblue

Being like the Blunts on 13:36 - Apr 28 by radiogaga

We have to stop comparing ourselves to Norwich. Off the pitch and barring last season on the pitch, they have been streaks ahead of us for years and they will continue to be for years to come.

Lets just see how next season goes before making too many bleak forecasts. Admittedly, right now we are very poor and Lambert has gotten away lightly so far but patience will ware thin if we have a disjointed pre season and poor start to next season. Worth noting that Lambert now has a worse points per game ratio than Hurst.

They have been shopping on a different planet really for th last 10 years

I believe they spent about £15 million last season but she apparently been promoted without spending any money

This is what we are competing with nowadays

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024