Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread 15:27 - May 24 with 6724 viewsGeoffSentence

Remember how tenuous his hold on the labour leadership was back in 2015. Plots upon plots to oust him, the media dead set against him, all sorts of attacks upon him from all quarters, some spurious, some furious.

And here we are now and he has seen off two Tory leaders, a Green Party leader, several UKIPs, a Liberal Democrat and Plaid Cymru.

Still he stands.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 08:22 - May 28 with 228 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:56 - May 27 by StokieBlue

Mason is a huge Corbyn fan as he says in the article - that's why he's worried about the project.

"Mason announced in February 2016 that he was leaving his position at Channel 4 News in favour of freelancing so he could engage more fully in debates on the political left without the constraint of impartiality observed by broadcasters in the UK."

"In June 2016, Mason supported Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn after mass resignations from his cabinet and a leadership challenge. He wrote in The Guardian: "But one thing I do know: Corbyn is incapable of lying to the British people; he is inured to elite politics; he didn't spend his entire life in a Machiavellian project to gain power and an invitation to Oleg Deripaska's yacht. That's why I voted for him and will do so again if you trigger a leadership vote."

So I don't think there is reason to be sceptical here - he wants the project to succeed and has been extremely vocal about it (in a positive way) but is worried it's coming off the rails.

SB

Fairy nuff.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024