Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread 15:27 - May 24 with 6723 viewsGeoffSentence

Remember how tenuous his hold on the labour leadership was back in 2015. Plots upon plots to oust him, the media dead set against him, all sorts of attacks upon him from all quarters, some spurious, some furious.

And here we are now and he has seen off two Tory leaders, a Green Party leader, several UKIPs, a Liberal Democrat and Plaid Cymru.

Still he stands.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 19:36 - May 26 with 1346 viewsBackToRussia

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 19:32 - May 26 by BrixtonBlue

Haymaker.

Not sure Glassers will get up from this.

Shocked he's not replied obviously.

Will no doubt reach for the insults soon.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 19:45 - May 26 with 1328 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 19:32 - May 26 by BrixtonBlue

Haymaker.

Not sure Glassers will get up from this.

How on earth is that a Haymaker? It’s completely unrelated to the Labour Party being investigated for “unlawfully discriminating against people because of their ethnicity and religious beliefs”.

One was a report on Tory policy, a report that was published after I had left the party, and the other is a full scale investigation into endemic racism in the labour party.

And like BTR you can no longer defend Corbyn or labour so have to attack me.

But here’s the thing. I left and will not vote for the Tory party. You still support and will vote for the Labour Party whilst they are under investigation for endemic racism. That says quite a lot about you. You are no better than those who are supporting Farage.
[Post edited 26 May 2019 19:49]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 19:46 - May 26 with 1326 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 19:36 - May 26 by BackToRussia

Shocked he's not replied obviously.

Will no doubt reach for the insults soon.

See my reply to Dollers. The EHRC report on Tory policy came out a year after I left. Better luck next time.

Iron Lion Zion

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 19:48 - May 26 with 1320 viewsBackToRussia

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 19:45 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

How on earth is that a Haymaker? It’s completely unrelated to the Labour Party being investigated for “unlawfully discriminating against people because of their ethnicity and religious beliefs”.

One was a report on Tory policy, a report that was published after I had left the party, and the other is a full scale investigation into endemic racism in the labour party.

But here’s the thing. I left and will not vote for the Tory party. You still support and will vote for the Labour Party whilst they are under investigation for endemic racism. That says quite a lot about you. You are no better than those who are supporting Farage.

But you didn't leave for that reason. You've never made any reference to it since, and I'm sure it was in the domain before it was published that they were being investigated - like it is now for Corbyn. Never saw you condemn the Tory's policy to not commit to the UN Human Rights commitment, which was roundly condemned by the EHRC then and since.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 19:52 - May 26 with 1314 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 19:48 - May 26 by BackToRussia

But you didn't leave for that reason. You've never made any reference to it since, and I'm sure it was in the domain before it was published that they were being investigated - like it is now for Corbyn. Never saw you condemn the Tory's policy to not commit to the UN Human Rights commitment, which was roundly condemned by the EHRC then and since.

They weren’t investigated in the way Labour are now. Only two political parties have been investigated by the EHRC. The BNP and Labour.

It was a report on the impact of the Conservatives policy on welfare reform.that is completely different to the EHRC starting a full investigation, which may last several years, into racism in the Labour Party.

You are getting very desperate. Why not address the EHRC investigation that is taking place now?
[Post edited 26 May 2019 19:55]

Iron Lion Zion

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 19:56 - May 26 with 1306 viewsBackToRussia

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 19:52 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

They weren’t investigated in the way Labour are now. Only two political parties have been investigated by the EHRC. The BNP and Labour.

It was a report on the impact of the Conservatives policy on welfare reform.that is completely different to the EHRC starting a full investigation, which may last several years, into racism in the Labour Party.

You are getting very desperate. Why not address the EHRC investigation that is taking place now?
[Post edited 26 May 2019 19:55]

And the Tory party are the only party they have labelled as breaking the human rights act. They've actually said that already.

What's to address? They're being investigated, I for one welcome it. At least a body which seems independent is taking a look into something which has been about political point-scoring from the beginning.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:15 - May 26 with 1277 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 19:45 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

It is related though - via you. You've attacked Corbyn over the current report and said nothing about the report, from the same people, on the party you supported.

You relinquishing your membership over the DUP is neither here nor there.

Adding descriptors like "full scale" doesn't fool anyone. The report on Tory policy was full scale.

Your 'politician speak' won't get you out of this one.
[Post edited 26 May 2019 20:45]

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:21 - May 26 with 1271 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:15 - May 26 by BrixtonBlue

It is related though - via you. You've attacked Corbyn over the current report and said nothing about the report, from the same people, on the party you supported.

You relinquishing your membership over the DUP is neither here nor there.

Adding descriptors like "full scale" doesn't fool anyone. The report on Tory policy was full scale.

Your 'politician speak' won't get you out of this one.
[Post edited 26 May 2019 20:45]

Your getting the DWP mixed up with the DUP. Schoolboy error.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:29 - May 26 with 1267 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:21 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

You mean you didn't quit because of the Department for Work and Pensions?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:44 - May 26 with 1251 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:21 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

Brilliant. Don't worry about the point, your best answer is to jump on a typo.

I hasten to add, you make loads of typos, but I don't bother to mention them.

You've been caught out mate.

Note: I'll make an exception by mentioning that you're getting "your" mixed up with "you're". Schoolboy error.
[Post edited 26 May 2019 20:51]

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:46 - May 26 with 1248 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone sticking around for the European election results? Bit sad but those threads are always entertaining.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:47 - May 26 with 1242 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:29 - May 26 by SpruceMoose

You mean you didn't quit because of the Department for Work and Pensions?

Not surprised to see you jump on this.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:50 - May 26 with 1232 viewsm14_blue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:46 - May 26 by J2BLUE

Anyone sticking around for the European election results? Bit sad but those threads are always entertaining.

It’s going to be so depressing.
Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:05 - May 26 with 1200 viewsJ2BLUE

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:50 - May 26 by m14_blue

It’s going to be so depressing.

It's going to be a Brexit tantrum. Hopefully not as bad as we're expecting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:11 - May 26 with 1186 viewsm14_blue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:05 - May 26 by J2BLUE

Fingers crossed.

I fear it might be even worse than the polls suggested though.

How will the results be announced, do you know? Presumably they’re all counted so will it just be announced in one fell swoop?
Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:18 - May 26 with 1173 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 20:47 - May 26 by BrixtonBlue

Not surprised to see you jump on this.

Not surprised to see you butt in with a flounce when I wasn't even talking to you...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:53 - May 26 with 1135 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:18 - May 26 by SpruceMoose

Not surprised to see you butt in with a flounce when I wasn't even talking to you...

Haha. How is a declaration of 'not being surprised' a flounce?

And you were talking about a typo I made, so i think I reserve the right to respond.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:55 - May 26 with 1135 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:11 - May 26 by m14_blue

Fingers crossed.

I fear it might be even worse than the polls suggested though.

How will the results be announced, do you know? Presumably they’re all counted so will it just be announced in one fell swoop?

..or maybe the plebs have returned to their disenfranchised boxes?

"Elsewhere, the highest turnouts by local authority in the West Midlands were Malvern Hills with 43.27%, Stratford on Avon with 42.49%, and Warwick with 42.04%. 

The lowest turnouts were in Stoke on Trent with 26.53%, Sandwell with 27.93% and Walsall with 28.72%."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 22:13 - May 26 with 1115 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:53 - May 26 by BrixtonBlue

Haha. How is a declaration of 'not being surprised' a flounce?

And you were talking about a typo I made, so i think I reserve the right to respond.

You're getting dangerously close to the div list mate. Your preciousness is reaching peak levels!

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 22:52 - May 26 with 1073 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 22:13 - May 26 by SpruceMoose

You're getting dangerously close to the div list mate. Your preciousness is reaching peak levels!

What am I being precious about? Is everyone who responds to you, but doesn't wholeheartedly agree, being precious?!

You throw words like flounce and precious about like you don't know what they mean.

Try to imagine me posting this while reclining in a hammock, on a sunny beach, one foot trailing in the water. See if that helps.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 04:46 - May 27 with 969 viewsm14_blue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:05 - May 26 by J2BLUE

Well you were right, nowhere near as bad as I’d feared.

Very interesting results all round and evidence that the country is just as divided as ever.

I don’t envy whoever is the new PM, I think the tories may be finished whatever they do. No Deal would certainly be the end of them, and see the PM go down in infamy, whilst a second referendum would be incredibly unpopular with their members.
Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 04:51 - May 27 with 968 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 04:46 - May 27 by m14_blue

Well you were right, nowhere near as bad as I’d feared.

Very interesting results all round and evidence that the country is just as divided as ever.

I don’t envy whoever is the new PM, I think the tories may be finished whatever they do. No Deal would certainly be the end of them, and see the PM go down in infamy, whilst a second referendum would be incredibly unpopular with their members.

It certainly wasn't the Great British Brexit party some on here were rubbing one out to in their predictions.

I know they'll try and spin it as some old Rule Britannia nonsense, but only a simpleton with no real understanding of the situation would read it that way.

The situation is far more complex and the outcome far more uncertain than the hard of thinking will appreciate tomorrow morning. Which makes it all the more fabulous. Poor old Brexiteers. They never even felt the knife going in.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 4:52]

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:29 - May 27 with 919 viewsStokieBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 22:52 - May 26 by BrixtonBlue

What am I being precious about? Is everyone who responds to you, but doesn't wholeheartedly agree, being precious?!

You throw words like flounce and precious about like you don't know what they mean.

Try to imagine me posting this while reclining in a hammock, on a sunny beach, one foot trailing in the water. See if that helps.

Evening Dollers - out of interest, what do you think about this article from Paul Mason?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/27/corbynism-crisis-oppose-br

I generally don't agree with Mason, in fact I don't like him much but I think he's nailed a few points in there, especially regarding the advisor inner-circle.

SB
[Post edited 27 May 2019 21:29]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:51 - May 27 with 904 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:29 - May 27 by StokieBlue

Evening Dollers - out of interest, what do you think about this article from Paul Mason?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/27/corbynism-crisis-oppose-br

I generally don't agree with Mason, in fact I don't like him much but I think he's nailed a few points in there, especially regarding the advisor inner-circle.

SB
[Post edited 27 May 2019 21:29]

It makes a lot of sense, but I don't know him (is he just another Corbyn hater?) so my sceptical hat goes straight on. And I don't know enough about the finer details to fully comment.

Why does he thrown in "and get rid of the idea of scrapping Trident"? I don't know why that's relevant.

I think Corbyn hasn't said much on Brexit because he wants to leave. I want to remain. So I'm at odds with him here, as I've said many times. But I want Corbyn running this country for all the other reasons (i.e. the living wage for young people).

I must be one of the few people left who votes on things other than Brexit!

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:56 - May 27 with 899 viewsStokieBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 21:51 - May 27 by BrixtonBlue

It makes a lot of sense, but I don't know him (is he just another Corbyn hater?) so my sceptical hat goes straight on. And I don't know enough about the finer details to fully comment.

Why does he thrown in "and get rid of the idea of scrapping Trident"? I don't know why that's relevant.

I think Corbyn hasn't said much on Brexit because he wants to leave. I want to remain. So I'm at odds with him here, as I've said many times. But I want Corbyn running this country for all the other reasons (i.e. the living wage for young people).

I must be one of the few people left who votes on things other than Brexit!

Mason is a huge Corbyn fan as he says in the article - that's why he's worried about the project.

"Mason announced in February 2016 that he was leaving his position at Channel 4 News in favour of freelancing so he could engage more fully in debates on the political left without the constraint of impartiality observed by broadcasters in the UK."

"In June 2016, Mason supported Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn after mass resignations from his cabinet and a leadership challenge. He wrote in The Guardian: "But one thing I do know: Corbyn is incapable of lying to the British people; he is inured to elite politics; he didn't spend his entire life in a Machiavellian project to gain power and an invitation to Oleg Deripaska's yacht. That's why I voted for him and will do so again if you trigger a leadership vote."

So I don't think there is reason to be sceptical here - he wants the project to succeed and has been extremely vocal about it (in a positive way) but is worried it's coming off the rails.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024