Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MEP 19:19 - May 27 with 991 viewsGeoffSentence

That's got to be a pretty cushy job hasn't it?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

MEP on 19:24 - May 27 with 986 viewsSwansea_Blue

Depends if you do your job. If you do you’re on the go from about 7am for your first breakfast meeting, through to about 11pm or later when you’re last dinner meeting finishes. With all the Parliamentary and committee stuff in between. And then bouncing bacwards and forward to Brussels or Strasbourg every week and a constituency day, normally on a Friday. It’s pretty intense, but you’re looked after well and wined and dined. Or you could be like Nigel and barely contribute.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

MEP on 19:33 - May 27 with 957 viewsGeoffSentence

MEP on 19:24 - May 27 by Swansea_Blue

Depends if you do your job. If you do you’re on the go from about 7am for your first breakfast meeting, through to about 11pm or later when you’re last dinner meeting finishes. With all the Parliamentary and committee stuff in between. And then bouncing bacwards and forward to Brussels or Strasbourg every week and a constituency day, normally on a Friday. It’s pretty intense, but you’re looked after well and wined and dined. Or you could be like Nigel and barely contribute.

Fake news! Nigel once attended a fisheries policy meeting. I think.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

MEP on 19:50 - May 27 with 941 viewsSwansea_Blue

MEP on 19:33 - May 27 by GeoffSentence

Ha. He may have put in a brief appearance once, as long as he could get a few video shoots out of it.

I’ve had a few MEPs host projects i’ve been involved in at the Parliament. They seem to be running round a lot and getting their time isn’t always easy. The job seems pretty varied and interesting, but Ivdoubt I could handle the continual hospitality. But that’s how a lot of business seems to get done. Instead of golf courses, they have little restaurants around Place du Luxembourg.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

MEP on 20:25 - May 27 with 923 viewsOldsmoker

With one of the largest parties Farage could ask for (and be given) a place on one of their versions of what we call a select committee.
However, he seems to want to be involved in the UK negotiations for a no-deal Brexit which doesn't require any negotiations.
But Hey Ho, Nigel never was a member of the sensible party.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

MEP on 20:50 - May 27 with 908 viewsfactual_blue

MEP on 20:25 - May 27 by Oldsmoker

With one of the largest parties Farage could ask for (and be given) a place on one of their versions of what we call a select committee.
However, he seems to want to be involved in the UK negotiations for a no-deal Brexit which doesn't require any negotiations.
But Hey Ho, Nigel never was a member of the sensible party.

He was on, but rarely if ever attended, the Fisheries Committee.

These mentally deluded right-wing types don't do day-to-day government. Him in government would see a recreation of arbeiten in richtung Führer
[Post edited 27 May 2019 21:04]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

MEP on 21:09 - May 27 with 886 viewsWeWereZombies

MEP on 20:50 - May 27 by factual_blue

These mentally deluded right-wing types don't do day-to-day government. Him in government would see a recreation of arbeiten in richtung Führer

That is very unfair, some can be only too ready to take in new ideas:

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

MEP on 21:14 - May 27 with 883 viewsOldsmoker

MEP on 20:50 - May 27 by factual_blue

The Germans think he's more of a scheiß rührer.
Farage said that his party would be awkward towards the EU.
Awkwardness can be tolerated but disruption will not be.
He is determined to get the EU to hate the UK as much as he hates the people who pay his MEP salary.
He might think he's a big fish in the UK but he's out of his depth in the EU. There's just too many against him and what he stands for.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

MEP on 21:48 - May 27 with 868 viewsBinner

Yes. During his stint as UK representative on Fisheries Committee he turned up for one meeting. He failed to turn up for 41 meetings.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Login to get fewer ads

MEP on 21:56 - May 27 with 854 viewsFreddies_Ears

MEP on 21:14 - May 27 by Oldsmoker

He is determined to get the EU to hate the UK as much as he hates the people who pay his MEP salary.
He might think he's a big fish in the UK but he's out of his depth in the EU. There's just too many against him and what he stands for.

Love that wordplay!
MEP on 22:07 - May 27 with 834 viewsWeWereZombies

MEP on 21:14 - May 27 by Oldsmoker

That makes him sound like he has a rotierende glockenende.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

MEP on 23:48 - May 27 with 779 viewsNthsuffolkblue

MEP on 19:24 - May 27 by Swansea_Blue

But it must be fairly cushy. We were told all the decisions are all made by unelected bureaucrats so what is there for the MEPs to do beside sit around and claim expenses?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

MEP on 08:33 - May 28 with 687 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

MEP on 23:48 - May 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

But it must be fairly cushy. We were told all the decisions are all made by unelected bureaucrats so what is there for the MEPs to do beside sit around and claim expenses?

Reminds me of the UNICEF workers in Laos. They eat in all the tops restaurants, live in big houses, send their kids to International schools and drive very big Toyota SUV's. This all comes from businesses and tax paying civilians who donate money thinking it's going to a good cause.
[Post edited 28 May 2019 8:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024