Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anthony Joshua 17:36 - Jun 3 with 2675 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Was there Saturday night, I was wrong about him. He really can't take a punch whatsoever, badly beat up by a Mexican bouncer, that wasn't an impressive debut out here. I assume he will need to win the rematch before any talk of Wilder fight now. Awful performance
Anthony Joshua on 20:03 - Jun 3 with 599 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

AJ fans will try to convince you that Ruiz was a strong opponent. LOL.

I read that a bout earlier this year earned him £30k!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anthony Joshua on 20:14 - Jun 3 with 588 viewschristiand

Yes, it was really disappointing to watch. AJ needs to go back to basics. Rob McCracken was instructing him to jab and keep Ruiz Jr at a distance, but I just felt he needed to deliver a knock out performance because of Wilder's demolition of Breazeale a couple of weeks back to show the American public he's the real deal, so the game plan was ignored and the ego came rushing to the surface. To me, he was fatigued once he'd knocked Ruiz down in R3, at that point it was game over. Having said that, I bet Wilder, Fury and Whyte are now kicking themselves by not signing up to fight AJ sooner any one of them could be the top dog in the Heavyweight division by now, but credit to Ruiz Jr he stepped up to the plate where the others declined.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 20:17]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Anthony Joshua on 20:30 - Jun 3 with 563 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anthony Joshua on 20:14 - Jun 3 by christiand

Yes, it was really disappointing to watch. AJ needs to go back to basics. Rob McCracken was instructing him to jab and keep Ruiz Jr at a distance, but I just felt he needed to deliver a knock out performance because of Wilder's demolition of Breazeale a couple of weeks back to show the American public he's the real deal, so the game plan was ignored and the ego came rushing to the surface. To me, he was fatigued once he'd knocked Ruiz down in R3, at that point it was game over. Having said that, I bet Wilder, Fury and Whyte are now kicking themselves by not signing up to fight AJ sooner any one of them could be the top dog in the Heavyweight division by now, but credit to Ruiz Jr he stepped up to the plate where the others declined.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 20:17]

Why was he so gassed after going down once, it was round 3 not round 11. Think that shot to the ear done him.

Who was ducking who though? Did Hearn know that he wasn't in the same league so try to milk the cash cow a little bit more.
Anthony Joshua on 20:42 - Jun 3 with 555 viewsLuk38644

The hit round the lughole in the 3rd round shook him and he didn't recover. He never has and obviously still can't take a whack.

Aesthetically, he's everything you'd expect from a heavyweight boxer but as a technical fighter, he's not even in the top 3 heavyweights, let alone best in the world.

The top heavyweights he's fought have been a test for him. Whyte had him wobbling and Klitschko knocked him down, yet his power has always got him over the line, however that isn't always enough like we saw vs Ruiz. The only reason he managed to win on points vs Parker and survive was due to the fact Parker did not approach him at all.

Luckily for him, Eddie Hearn always has a rematch clause in the contract for his top fighters, so he needs to seriously knuckle down and get back to his fighting best, then he has a chance of blowing Wilder and Whyte out.

Fury on the other hand, he is AJ's nightmare opponent. Tall, long reach, technical, quick feet and great head movement, can change between southpaw and orthodox and has the heart and desire to get back up from a 12th round knockdown from one of the heaviest punchers around!

I am glad AJ lost and I think it'll be a good thing for him. It seems like he lost his hunger a bit, he was going through the motions and he's only 29! He needed that kick up the a*se to shake him up and realise what he wants. He was more focused on the Wilder fight than a title defence against Ruiz. It also means the heavyweight division is really wide open again. Wilder can't dodge Whytforver as he will soon be WBO mandatory, Whyte is working his way up nicely and has improved massively and deserves a world title shot, Fury is fighting a nobody next but showed with the Wilder fight he will take a fight like that and is now linked with ESPN so has the financial backing in the US.
Anthony Joshua on 20:44 - Jun 3 with 554 viewsKeaneish

In his defence, those chopping shots that land on the top of the head are the worst - scrambles your senses and take awhile to recover from. That said, he did recover but offered nowt. Couldn't even sit behind his jab with a massive reach advantage.

What did you make of Josh Kelly? I haven't seen the fight yet but i heard it was a bit uninspiring!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Anthony Joshua on 20:49 - Jun 3 with 552 viewsFtnfwest

Anthony Joshua on 20:30 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Why was he so gassed after going down once, it was round 3 not round 11. Think that shot to the ear done him.

Who was ducking who though? Did Hearn know that he wasn't in the same league so try to milk the cash cow a little bit more.

They should all signed up to fight each other in a round robin with a guaranteed one rematch clause. Then they’d all be guaranteed 2 massive pay days and in all likelihood 2 of them could have gone on to yet another one thereafter. Would have been great entertainment over the next 2-3 years but unlikely now
Anthony Joshua on 21:13 - Jun 3 with 536 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anthony Joshua on 20:44 - Jun 3 by Keaneish

In his defence, those chopping shots that land on the top of the head are the worst - scrambles your senses and take awhile to recover from. That said, he did recover but offered nowt. Couldn't even sit behind his jab with a massive reach advantage.

What did you make of Josh Kelly? I haven't seen the fight yet but i heard it was a bit uninspiring!

I was in the bar for that.
Anthony Joshua on 21:16 - Jun 3 with 535 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anthony Joshua on 20:42 - Jun 3 by Luk38644

The hit round the lughole in the 3rd round shook him and he didn't recover. He never has and obviously still can't take a whack.

Aesthetically, he's everything you'd expect from a heavyweight boxer but as a technical fighter, he's not even in the top 3 heavyweights, let alone best in the world.

The top heavyweights he's fought have been a test for him. Whyte had him wobbling and Klitschko knocked him down, yet his power has always got him over the line, however that isn't always enough like we saw vs Ruiz. The only reason he managed to win on points vs Parker and survive was due to the fact Parker did not approach him at all.

Luckily for him, Eddie Hearn always has a rematch clause in the contract for his top fighters, so he needs to seriously knuckle down and get back to his fighting best, then he has a chance of blowing Wilder and Whyte out.

Fury on the other hand, he is AJ's nightmare opponent. Tall, long reach, technical, quick feet and great head movement, can change between southpaw and orthodox and has the heart and desire to get back up from a 12th round knockdown from one of the heaviest punchers around!

I am glad AJ lost and I think it'll be a good thing for him. It seems like he lost his hunger a bit, he was going through the motions and he's only 29! He needed that kick up the a*se to shake him up and realise what he wants. He was more focused on the Wilder fight than a title defence against Ruiz. It also means the heavyweight division is really wide open again. Wilder can't dodge Whytforver as he will soon be WBO mandatory, Whyte is working his way up nicely and has improved massively and deserves a world title shot, Fury is fighting a nobody next but showed with the Wilder fight he will take a fight like that and is now linked with ESPN so has the financial backing in the US.

This was a bad bad night for Joshua though. You can't make it in the boxing world on a global scale without conquering the states. They needed to build his profile for an undefeated Wilder showdown and instead he got beat down and sent packing, The crowd was in shock and it was almost embarrassing with the amount of English in attendance.
Login to get fewer ads

Anthony Joshua on 22:17 - Jun 3 with 502 viewsLuk38644

Anthony Joshua on 21:16 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

This was a bad bad night for Joshua though. You can't make it in the boxing world on a global scale without conquering the states. They needed to build his profile for an undefeated Wilder showdown and instead he got beat down and sent packing, The crowd was in shock and it was almost embarrassing with the amount of English in attendance.

The rematch will be a retreat to the UK surely? AJ will probably get his mojo back and win his belts back but as you say, this embarrassment in the States will hurt his profile. Wilder and Fury have a US profile and an undefeated record.

I do think they'll keep trying in the US though. Hearn has launched Matchroom USA and is financially backed by DAZN so they won't just give up their cash cow after one loss, they'll probably plan to beat Ruiz in the rematch and then go back to MSG.
Anthony Joshua on 22:20 - Jun 3 with 500 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anthony Joshua on 22:17 - Jun 3 by Luk38644

The rematch will be a retreat to the UK surely? AJ will probably get his mojo back and win his belts back but as you say, this embarrassment in the States will hurt his profile. Wilder and Fury have a US profile and an undefeated record.

I do think they'll keep trying in the US though. Hearn has launched Matchroom USA and is financially backed by DAZN so they won't just give up their cash cow after one loss, they'll probably plan to beat Ruiz in the rematch and then go back to MSG.

Back to MSG for who though?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024