Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The end of CHange UK..... 13:46 - Jun 4 with 3703 viewsitfcjoe

Chucking their lot in with the Lib Dems

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/04/change-uk-poised-to-lose-at-lea

Been a poorly run party, they seemed to have the right people but just jumped too early and without enough in the background.

Good to see the LDs getting back into the mainstream though, always felt a more natural fit for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The end of CHange UK..... on 17:22 - Jun 4 with 1176 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Chukka with the 'maybe I'll blag it and keep my job as a Liberal' quitters......quelle surprise!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The end of CHange UK..... on 17:24 - Jun 4 with 1173 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:52 - Jun 4 by BigManBlue

Fair play, they put conviction above career so can't fault them for that.

The execution has been pretty shambolic throughout however, and this looks like the way they can be most effective going forward.

Shame really, as I'd thought that Heidi would have made a lovely PM...

Heidi is it!.....you lurve her!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The end of CHange UK..... on 17:25 - Jun 4 with 1173 viewsballycastle

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:15 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

I'll be laughing at Peterborough if they elect an MP from a party without any policies.

Peterborough's demise will be a great learning lesson for the Brexit Party supporters. A nice little demo of the failure that follows supporting these clowns.

Not forgetting there is a by election due to a lying cheating Labour party MP who did not have the decency to resign thus costing 500k for the recall, oh and the utter scumbag attended a major vote in the HOC and had the deciding vote whilst tagged.

Yeah real fekin laugh.
The end of CHange UK..... on 17:46 - Jun 4 with 1148 viewsSpruceMoose

The end of CHange UK..... on 17:25 - Jun 4 by ballycastle

Not forgetting there is a by election due to a lying cheating Labour party MP who did not have the decency to resign thus costing 500k for the recall, oh and the utter scumbag attended a major vote in the HOC and had the deciding vote whilst tagged.

Yeah real fekin laugh.

Always with the whataboutery ain't ya!?

Not sure how booting out one useless scumbag and replacing them with one useless scumbag without any policies will help the people of Peterborough!

They'd be best off voting Lib Dem

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The end of CHange UK..... on 18:34 - Jun 4 with 1126 viewsballycastle

The end of CHange UK..... on 17:46 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

Always with the whataboutery ain't ya!?

Not sure how booting out one useless scumbag and replacing them with one useless scumbag without any policies will help the people of Peterborough!

They'd be best off voting Lib Dem

Just correcting the balance dear boy.
The end of CHange UK..... on 18:46 - Jun 4 with 1110 viewsSpruceMoose

The end of CHange UK..... on 18:34 - Jun 4 by ballycastle

Just correcting the balance dear boy.

And avoiding actually commenting on the matter in hand at the same time!

Now you've 'corrected the balance' care to offer some actual thoughts?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The end of CHange UK..... on 20:29 - Jun 4 with 1073 viewsWeWereZombies

Doesn't look like they are quite done for yet:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48515505

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The end of CHange UK..... on 22:04 - Jun 4 with 994 viewsBigManBlue

The end of CHange UK..... on 17:12 - Jun 4 by WeWereZombies

'Not sure why this isn't compulsory when someone defects'

Because you elect a Member of Parliament to represent you what ever party they are in and whatever party you support. A decent MP will not worry about your political background if you come to them with a pressing problem that affects you, especially if it is relevant to their constituency.

Unfortunately party politics have developed in a such a way as to undermine representative democracy and some MPs completely ignore constituents who are not supporters of their party. Not good for democracy.

It will certainly be interesting to see if Soubry is re-elected - obviously she got in once so her constituency cannot completely hate her as much as another poster suggested. Those who see how she operates locally will know better if she is an opportunist or a woman of principle. She certainly seems to be a resolute character.

The other effect of party politics being that many people vote for the party who they want to see implement a manifesto on a national scale at the expense of voting for someone to best represent their local area.

As a native of Clacton I’ve never really gotten over Dougie Carswell pulling the switcheroo and painting us at the country’s dregs as a consequence.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 22:05]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Login to get fewer ads

The end of CHange UK..... on 22:07 - Jun 4 with 988 viewsBigManBlue

The end of CHange UK..... on 17:24 - Jun 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Heidi is it!.....you lurve her!

I’m heartbroken, I hoped CHUK would at least last long enough to produce a tasteful calendar.

Suppose Soubry will have to do...

Edit: for what can be generously called semi-literate spelling
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 9:32]

The end of CHange UK..... on 23:29 - Jun 4 with 960 viewsRyorry

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:52 - Jun 4 by itfcjoe

I think it's a shame as they were some of the MPs who seemed to have spoken the most sense for a while and having to stick head above parapet in order to do so.

But they just seemed to get everything wrong - the name, the changes, the logo, the not being able to agree with anyone on remain side etc.

I "joined" - honestly, it was about as interesting and exciting as having a bowl of magnolia porridge put in front of you for every meal!

Needless to say I soon lost interest.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The end of CHange UK..... on 00:02 - Jun 5 with 944 viewsRyorry

The end of CHange UK..... on 23:29 - Jun 4 by Ryorry

I "joined" - honestly, it was about as interesting and exciting as having a bowl of magnolia porridge put in front of you for every meal!

Needless to say I soon lost interest.

So VT, over 10 downvotes from you in the last 10 minutes, and more from you before that today, is you respecting Phil asking people to stop blanket downvoting against individuals is it?

The end of CHange UK..... on 07:37 - Jun 5 with 873 viewsWeWereZombies

The end of CHange UK..... on 00:02 - Jun 5 by Ryorry

So VT, over 10 downvotes from you in the last 10 minutes, and more from you before that today, is you respecting Phil asking people to stop blanket downvoting against individuals is it?

I think he is doing the virtual equivalent of that Mick Jagger thing, allegedly, where he used to accidentally on purpose spill a drink down a girl's front and then have have a gropy 'oh I'm sorry, let me wipe you down'. You can expect an absolute smarmfest of loving posts from Vapes later on today I reckon.

The end of CHange UK..... on 07:50 - Jun 5 with 859 viewsfooters

The end of CHange UK..... on 07:37 - Jun 5 by WeWereZombies

I think he is doing the virtual equivalent of that Mick Jagger thing, allegedly, where he used to accidentally on purpose spill a drink down a girl's front and then have have a gropy 'oh I'm sorry, let me wipe you down'. You can expect an absolute smarmfest of loving posts from Vapes later on today I reckon.

Now there's an idea. Will try it later. Do you have to wait for the coffee to cool down or not?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The end of CHange UK..... on 07:55 - Jun 5 with 853 viewsBigManBlue

The end of CHange UK..... on 07:50 - Jun 5 by footers

Now there's an idea. Will try it later. Do you have to wait for the coffee to cool down or not?

Depends how quickly you want the shirt to come off.

The end of CHange UK..... on 07:57 - Jun 5 with 853 viewsWeWereZombies

The end of CHange UK..... on 07:50 - Jun 5 by footers

Tsk, tsk - such a millennial. Mick was a proper bloke, mate, glass of beer, wasn't it? Also much more wiping down with that than an espresso.

Although you could always try a frappe...

The end of CHange UK..... on 15:41 - Jun 5 with 781 viewsRyorry

The end of CHange UK..... on 07:37 - Jun 5 by WeWereZombies

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024