Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... 22:18 - Jun 29 with 4715 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....a little gang of Rory Stewarts are rubbing their hands with glee at the hatchet job being done on Jeremy Corbyn!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 19:10 - Jun 30 with 724 viewssparks

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 18:56 - Jun 30 by WeWereZombies

Different argument - you brought up leaks about Boris from 'inside the Government' as an example. I am saying that such an example is comparing apples with pears.

Nope- the principle is the same- as I said. Either we agree that journalists can keep sources secret, or we have a police state...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 21:09 - Jun 30 with 682 viewsWeWereZombies

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 19:10 - Jun 30 by sparks

Nope- the principle is the same- as I said. Either we agree that journalists can keep sources secret, or we have a police state...

But, somewhat obviously, I am not talking about that part of your post...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 21:18 - Jun 30 with 674 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 19:10 - Jun 30 by sparks

....or we already effectively have one where those that know best can feed the press with whatever nonsense suits their agenda. Maybe whistleblowers should just be protected when there is a legitimate public interest to know and not have to fear going public.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 00:34 - Jul 1 with 633 viewsRyorry

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 18:43 - Jun 30 by WeWereZombies

There is a significant distinction, though, between leaks from within the Cabinet or senior Tories and confidential information being disclosed by civil servants. The former would be accepted by some, well probably by many but with distaste, as part of the cut and thrust of 'all is fair in love and war' politics whilst the latter is at best a breach of guidelines by officials who are expected to behave with much more discretion.

If there actually is a problem with Corbyn's health which prevents him from carrying out his full responsibilities, then it should be incumbent upon those who really know & are closest to him - his family & senior colleagues - to persuade him to stand down.

Everyone else should shut up, basically. And I'm hardly a Corbyn fan - same would apply to any individual as far as I'm concerned

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 12:38 - Jul 1 with 571 viewsBlueBadger

Somewhere inside the offices of Mi5..... on 10:02 - Jun 30 by lowhouseblue

given the car crash that is the tories, if i was a member of your deep state i'd be looking desperately for ways to prop up corbyn. perhaps that's even beyond their tricks though?

Given the state of our politics in general, I suspect that the Illuminati are at least as crap at their jobs as their puppets.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024