Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Horror film recommendation 02:53 - Jul 2 with 2732 viewsbaxterbasics

I just saw a creepy hidden gem of a film. Currently on iPlayer (but not for much longer) and Amazon: The Borderlands

It’s a ‘found footage’ but head and shoulders above most of the genre. Has a few cheap scares but is mostly about a slow ratcheting up of the tension and dread. You don’t know exactly where it is going until the final gut-punch reveal, which is now playing on my mind and robbing me of sleep (hence why I am posting at 2:45am). After watching I found Mark Kermode's review, he said he almost had to leave because it was too much and he’s a horror veteran.

Go check it out.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Horror film recommendation on 05:04 - Jul 2 with 2683 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’m going to reply to this so it’s in the ‘my posts’ section so I don’t forget about it.

Love a good horror film that gets ya thinking - cheers.

A couple of creepy ones that were a bit different.. The Babadook and It Follows. Both weren’t like normal horror films and a bit edgy and yet equally had all the good bits of a horror film.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Horror film recommendation on 06:16 - Jul 2 with 2642 viewsCoastalblue

Horror film recommendation on 05:04 - Jul 2 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m going to reply to this so it’s in the ‘my posts’ section so I don’t forget about it.

A couple of creepy ones that were a bit different.. The Babadook and It Follows. Both weren’t like normal horror films and a bit edgy and yet equally had all the good bits of a horror film.

It Follows is great, I was a bit disapointed by The Babadook. Get Out is very good as well.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Horror film recommendation on 06:37 - Jul 2 with 2618 viewsbaxterbasics

I shall also add my nod to It Follows. Also worth checking out on Netflix: The Ritual.

zip

Horror film recommendation on 07:55 - Jul 2 with 2546 viewsdickie

Horror film recommendation on 05:04 - Jul 2 by The_Romford_Blue

It Follows was great! Saw that at the cinema, the score is awesome
Horror film recommendation on 09:02 - Jul 2 with 2488 viewsJimmyJazz

Good film I saw last year was Terrifier

My second favourite clown

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Horror film recommendation on 09:24 - Jul 2 with 2462 viewsCaptainAhab

Yeah Borderlands is great, a visit to the church in Devon is on my bucket list!

Another good found footage, I think available on Amazon Prime, is Hellhouse LLC, nothing particularly new bout it, but well made and gave me the heebiejeebies (cellars have always crapped me up though)

There's a few crackers on Netflix at the moment, I thought The Monster was great, really tense, better than A Quiet Place imo, which it reminded me of.

And if you haven't yet seen it, Hereditary really is the best horror film of recent years, deeply unsettling and even better on a second viewing.
Horror film recommendation on 09:55 - Jul 2 with 2438 viewsGuthrum

A pretty faithful adaptation of the short story (N.B. do not read the text description below the video on YouTube, it gives the entire plot away):

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Horror film recommendation on 10:07 - Jul 2 with 2417 viewsJohnny_Boy

I really quite enjoyed M Night Shangalang's "The Visit".
Login to get fewer ads

Horror film recommendation on 12:55 - Jul 2 with 2328 viewsBLUEBEAT

Have wanted to check out Borderlands for a while

Eden Lake is a superb British real-life horror

And Kelly Reilly is

I like the look of Midsommer too, so a rare trip to the cinema may be in order...

Poll: W or W

Horror film recommendation on 13:53 - Jul 5 with 2155 viewsbaxterbasics

So did anyone watch it yet?

zip

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024