Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising 14:31 - Jul 8 with 2304 viewsSteve_M

Corbyn sponsored an EDM to praise him back in 2002. It seems that journalistic enquiry is ok as long as it investigates other people.

https://edm.parliament.uk/early-day-motion/20113/patrick-finucane-inquiry?fbclid

And the Finucane case was a damning indictment of the UK government's complicity and support of so called Loyalist paramilitaries. Those who worked to unearth the truth and force the government to apologise should be praised.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 14:36 - Jul 8 with 2273 viewsBlueBadger

Quite a list of achievements here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ware_(TV_journalist)

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 14:42 - Jul 8 with 2252 viewsBlueBadger

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 14:36 - Jul 8 by BlueBadger

Quite a list of achievements here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ware_(TV_journalist)

Brilliantly, there's a few loons on various Dear Leader Fansites calling him 'pro-Israel'.

Yes, this John Ware here.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/israel-must-stop-making-it-easy-for-the-bo

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 14:43 - Jul 8 with 2244 viewsSteve_M

And in keeping political hypocrisy to one thread for the day:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 14:58 - Jul 8 with 2203 viewsDarth_Koont

No-one's saying he's a bad reporter. But fairly compromised if you were looking for an objective and balanced investigator on the Labour Party or antisemitism let alone both at the same time.

But let's wait and see eh? I'm sure we can both agree we don't want an exposé that repeats unsubstantiated accusations or misrepresents incidents.

Pronouns: He/Him

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 15:10 - Jul 8 with 2171 viewsBlueBadger

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 14:58 - Jul 8 by Darth_Koont

No-one's saying he's a bad reporter. But fairly compromised if you were looking for an objective and balanced investigator on the Labour Party or antisemitism let alone both at the same time.

But let's wait and see eh? I'm sure we can both agree we don't want an exposé that repeats unsubstantiated accusations or misrepresents incidents.

He's *that* compromised he's written articles critical of the people you're claiming he's in league with.

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising by BlueBadger 8 Jul 2019 14:42
Brilliantly, there's a few loons on various Dear Leader Fansites calling him 'pro-Israel'.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/israel-must-stop-making-it-easy-for-the-boycotters-1.60253

Give it up lad, you're just sounding desperate and in denial now.

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 15:11 - Jul 8 with 2158 viewsSpruceMoose

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 14:43 - Jul 8 by Steve_M

Was she a homophobic bigot back then though? If so, at least she's inconstant in that area.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 15:30 - Jul 8 with 2155 viewsBlueBadger

Blimey Steve, this thread briefly crashed the site.

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 15:50 - Jul 8 with 2123 viewsDarth_Koont

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 15:10 - Jul 8 by BlueBadger

He's *that* compromised he's written articles critical of the people you're claiming he's in league with.

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising by BlueBadger 8 Jul 2019 14:42

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/israel-must-stop-making-it-easy-for-the-boycotters-1.60253

Give it up lad, you're just sounding desperate and in denial now.

That's certainly not a bad article there. But I still disagree with how he frames it. He puts in the boot to BDS before agreeing with what they're complaining about. Disagreeing with pro-Palestinian organisations is what he does.

I'm glad he sees the occupation as damaging. But what else does he expect to happen without people pushing for change and censure against the Israeli government? Without people pushing to change our own western governments and political parties' passive approach as they pay lip service to a two-state solution while seeing that possibility shrink with every new settlement?

So you'll have to forgive me for not fully trusting his balance even here. At the very least, he's naive if he thinks the Israeli right-wing will pull back from their expansion because it's "tactically" wrong. He's missing the overall strategy to take the two-state solution completely off the table.

Login to get fewer ads

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 15:55 - Jul 8 with 2104 viewslowhouseblue

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 15:50 - Jul 8 by Darth_Koont

That's certainly not a bad article there. But I still disagree with how he frames it. He puts in the boot to BDS before agreeing with what they're complaining about. Disagreeing with pro-Palestinian organisations is what he does.

I'm glad he sees the occupation as damaging. But what else does he expect to happen without people pushing for change and censure against the Israeli government? Without people pushing to change our own western governments and political parties' passive approach as they pay lip service to a two-state solution while seeing that possibility shrink with every new settlement?

So you'll have to forgive me for not fully trusting his balance even here. At the very least, he's naive if he thinks the Israeli right-wing will pull back from their expansion because it's "tactically" wrong. He's missing the overall strategy to take the two-state solution completely off the table.

that's ok, you got your views on him from skwawkbox - everyone understands.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 16:06 - Jul 8 with 2065 viewsDarth_Koont

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 15:55 - Jul 8 by lowhouseblue

that's ok, you got your views on him from skwawkbox - everyone understands.

Amongst others, yes.

I've also read his stuff:

https://www.thejc.com/comment/analysis/jeremy-corbyn-s-gold-standard-code-on-ant

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 16:17 - Jul 8 with 2040 viewsGlasgowBlue

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 14:43 - Jul 8 by Steve_M

and in the interest of balance* this is a shocking poll taken amongst Conservative members.

If they don't sort this sharpish then we will be seeing the same issue engulfing the Tories that Labour has had with antisemitism over the past few years.

Doesn't help that they are about to elect a leader who described women who wear Burkas as looking like letterboxes.

*That's how you do it Darth. No iffs, no buts and no defence of endemic racism.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 16:22 - Jul 8 with 2013 viewsGlasgowBlue

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 16:06 - Jul 8 by Darth_Koont

Amongst others, yes.

I've also read his stuff:

https://www.thejc.com/comment/analysis/jeremy-corbyn-s-gold-standard-code-on-ant

So what you are saying is that anyone who is critical of the dear leader's handling of the antisemitism issue isn't being objective.

Iron Lion Zion

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 20:46 - Jul 8 with 1897 viewsDarth_Koont

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 16:17 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

and in the interest of balance* this is a shocking poll taken amongst Conservative members.

If they don't sort this sharpish then we will be seeing the same issue engulfing the Tories that Labour has had with antisemitism over the past few years.

Doesn't help that they are about to elect a leader who described women who wear Burkas as looking like letterboxes.

This isn't shocking. It's been obvious for years. But well done for suddenly seeing the light.

Now show the same evidence for Labour antisemitism (or anything that even comes close). That's how you do it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 20:49 - Jul 8 with 1890 viewsSpruceMoose

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 16:17 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

Leaving aside Labour's issues for one moment, I don't think it will come as a surprise to many though that the Conservative Party is chock full of folk with racist or xenophobic views. Whatever next? Conservatives in not being very fond of the poor shocker?

Surely you must have encountered some of these attitudes when you were a member?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 20:50]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 09:45 - Jul 9 with 1777 viewsGlasgowBlue

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 20:49 - Jul 8 by SpruceMoose

Leaving aside Labour's issues for one moment, I don't think it will come as a surprise to many though that the Conservative Party is chock full of folk with racist or xenophobic views. Whatever next? Conservatives in not being very fond of the poor shocker?

Surely you must have encountered some of these attitudes when you were a member?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 20:50]

I’ve not been an active member of the Conservative party since 1991 when I moved abroad. Since then i’ve paid a yearly subscription (up until 2017).

When I was active, through the 1980’s, there wasn’t an issue with Islamophobia. Then again there wasn’t an issue with Islamophobia in society in general. The only time I encountered it during my time as a councillor was when an Asian family were being targeted on a council estate in my ward by a minority of knuckle dragging residents who didn’t want “pakis” living amongst them.

There were far more issues in the Tory party back then with attitudes towards black people, but again, these were during a time were racism was far more open in the media and entertainment. Things were certainly said in society that would be unacceptable today.

But you have to remember that the period I am talking about predates the internet. There were very few black people where I lived and so anti black racism wasn’t something I ever come in to contact with. The only time that I recall it being an issue was when I was a member of the selection panel for local government and we had a prospective candidate in front of us who we had been informed by a neighbouring constituency that he had been leafleting for the National Front some years previously. Obviously he didn’t make it to the candidates list.

In more recent times I have obviously become aware of the anti immigrant rhetoric by the Tory party, although if you’ll forgive the whatabouterry, this is something that Labour have also indulged in with their “British Jobs for British workers” slogans and “controls on immigration” mugs.

So yeh, I’m pretty shocked that 60% of Tory members had islamophibic views, but altogether it surprised conspiring we have seen the demonisation of Muslims in the county and elsewhere since 9/11

A genuine question for you sprucey. You have said that you won’t vote labour because of their Brexit position and the antisemitism issue. If Corbyn comes out unequivocally for a people’s vote in which he will commit Labour to campaigning remain, will you reconsider voting Labour?
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 10:50]

Iron Lion Zion

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 12:10 - Jul 9 with 1711 viewsSpruceMoose

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 09:45 - Jul 9 by GlasgowBlue

I’ve not been an active member of the Conservative party since 1991 when I moved abroad. Since then i’ve paid a yearly subscription (up until 2017).

When I was active, through the 1980’s, there wasn’t an issue with Islamophobia. Then again there wasn’t an issue with Islamophobia in society in general. The only time I encountered it during my time as a councillor was when an Asian family were being targeted on a council estate in my ward by a minority of knuckle dragging residents who didn’t want “pakis” living amongst them.

There were far more issues in the Tory party back then with attitudes towards black people, but again, these were during a time were racism was far more open in the media and entertainment. Things were certainly said in society that would be unacceptable today.

But you have to remember that the period I am talking about predates the internet. There were very few black people where I lived and so anti black racism wasn’t something I ever come in to contact with. The only time that I recall it being an issue was when I was a member of the selection panel for local government and we had a prospective candidate in front of us who we had been informed by a neighbouring constituency that he had been leafleting for the National Front some years previously. Obviously he didn’t make it to the candidates list.

In more recent times I have obviously become aware of the anti immigrant rhetoric by the Tory party, although if you’ll forgive the whatabouterry, this is something that Labour have also indulged in with their “British Jobs for British workers” slogans and “controls on immigration” mugs.

So yeh, I’m pretty shocked that 60% of Tory members had islamophibic views, but altogether it surprised conspiring we have seen the demonisation of Muslims in the county and elsewhere since 9/11

A genuine question for you sprucey. You have said that you won’t vote labour because of their Brexit position and the antisemitism issue. If Corbyn comes out unequivocally for a people’s vote in which he will commit Labour to campaigning remain, will you reconsider voting Labour?
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 10:50]

Nope because I can get that elsewhere minus the antisemetic party members.

Thanks for your answer GB.

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 13:37 - Jul 9 with 1639 viewsGlasgowBlue

re: John Ware who all the Corbynites have spent all weekend demonising on 12:10 - Jul 9 by SpruceMoose

Nope because I can get that elsewhere minus the antisemetic party members.

Thanks for your answer GB.

And yours. Well said.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024