Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... 12:12 - Aug 1 with 3019 viewsKieran_Knows

.. https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/big-interview-luke-chambers-on-mccarthy-frustration

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 13:06 - Aug 1 with 433 viewsWestcountryblue

The thing i like about this article

"For me, if Emyr Huws is fit he's the best player in the league by a country mile''.

He is bang on. A fit Emyr Huws alongside the quality of Judge and experience of Skuse is a mouth watering midfield.
Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 13:18 - Aug 1 with 412 viewsbraveblue

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:16 - Aug 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Without having read the article, I suspect the headline is slightly misrepresentative.

I think Chambers understood full well why that was MM's approach but is now saying it will be refreshing for the boot to be on the other foot.

It should be. That is one of the few advantages of relegation. Bringing through our own youngsters in our own team at a more appropriate level should be another too.

Without reading the article.... what a start to giving your interpretation of what he was saying!!!!!!
Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 13:55 - Aug 1 with 369 viewsHipsterectomy

It's weird that the players had the same purgatory feeling that the fans had. Aiming for mid-table as a huge success season after season. They were getting paid for this and still hated it.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 14:56 - Aug 1 with 319 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 13:55 - Aug 1 by Hipsterectomy

It's weird that the players had the same purgatory feeling that the fans had. Aiming for mid-table as a huge success season after season. They were getting paid for this and still hated it.

'There's not one player who has been at this football club for the last three, four years who has enjoyed winning.

"It was 'yeah, great, we've won, relief, fist pump, off the field, next game...' It was pure relief, which is a f*****g sorry state of affairs, isn't it?"
Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 15:01 - Aug 1 with 312 viewsWickets

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:32 - Aug 1 by Fixed_It

If you really want to see this as an anti-Evans article then so he it. To me it is clearly a reflection on what we became under Mick's philosophy.

Me to .
Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 15:16 - Aug 1 with 290 viewsDarth_Koont

I get Chambers point but not sure we can actually applaud a new age of just "focusing on winning" yet.

Arguably if we'd worked harder at not losing last season we could have still been in the Championship. I like the optimism but Lambert's approach didn't actually lead to better results or indeed much genuine excitement on the pitch. Contrast that when Mick came in and the focus on not losing kept us in the division and over the next couple of seasons meant we did develop a winning side with better football and fans coming back.

I agree Mick was often too cautious and his tenure had run its course by the end. But there's still a happy medium to achieve between him and Lambert. And without a parallel focus on a stable team that can defend or get results when it plays badly then I think we're taking an unnecessary risk. Promotion teams are much more balanced than that if they're going to accumulate points throughout the season and not rely on freakish form or luck.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024