Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. 11:25 - Aug 2 with 2903 viewsActionMan

is that when he was asked if we had enough to go up, he said no. That's not only a morale killer for the supporters but the players also surely? It's certainly different to hear a manager criticize Evans this much, but not much different from what Keane said about Evans and his staff in his book when it came to the mess around transfers and that was what, 10 years ago now.

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 13:01 - Aug 2 with 421 viewsBrixtonBlue

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 12:08 - Aug 2 by SamWhiteUK

Don't think it's a problem.

He's told the players, we're out to get promoted. He'll be thinking we can get promotion.

I think he's just trying to light a fire under Evans' backside, and make him realise that he's got to play his part as well. I don't think Lambert is actually thinking we're definitely not going to get promoted

Quite obviously, this.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 13:23 - Aug 2 with 399 viewsmathiemagic

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:36 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

Turmoil? Give over. Bury are in turmoil. Bolton are in turmoil. We're starting the season as one of the strongest sides in the division, the manager and fans would just be happier if we had a couple more faces through the door.

Turmoil may have been a bit too strong a word but the point i was trying to make is that it is not good on the eve of the new season for the manager to be slating the Chairman's ability to run the football club and his lack of investment (however true we know that to be) and stating that without the signings there is no chance of promotion. Lets hope the players take no notice and do the business on the pitch or the word turmoil may not have been too far off the mark.

Poll: If we take a battering @ Norwich this weekend will MM get the sack or stay on ?

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 14:09 - Aug 2 with 366 viewsjjblue84

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:43 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

When he took over we had no money to buy players either, and nobody to cover our losses either.

That’s true, but I’m not talking about the money. I’m talking about the soul of the club, and why people support Ipswich Town! There was a respect, an expectation and a way the club would be run that would give supporters hope whether times were good and bad. That has been systematically destroyed! What is left is now only Ipswich Town in name, nothing more.
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 14:14 - Aug 2 with 362 viewsSpruceMoose

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 14:09 - Aug 2 by jjblue84

That’s true, but I’m not talking about the money. I’m talking about the soul of the club, and why people support Ipswich Town! There was a respect, an expectation and a way the club would be run that would give supporters hope whether times were good and bad. That has been systematically destroyed! What is left is now only Ipswich Town in name, nothing more.

There wasn't much respect and soul when we stiffed a load of local businesses out of the money we owed them. Lets not pretend we were something special back then either. This is a downward trend we have been on for a long time now. It pre-dates Evans.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 15:25 - Aug 2 with 325 viewsHerbivore

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 14:09 - Aug 2 by jjblue84

Think that's a rather misty eyed and inaccurate recollection of where we were at when ME came in.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 15:41 - Aug 2 with 312 viewsFreddy

He don't know where the money has gone for Mings & Clarke has gone??
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 15:54 - Aug 2 with 313 viewsjjblue84

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 15:25 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

Think that's a rather misty eyed and inaccurate recollection of where we were at when ME came in.

What bit is inaccurate??
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 15:55 - Aug 2 with 313 viewsElderGrizzly

He has told the players privately (well until the players revealed it), that he expects them to be top 2
Login to get fewer ads

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 15:58 - Aug 2 with 306 viewsHerbivore

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 15:54 - Aug 2 by jjblue84

What bit is inaccurate??

Well, all of it really.

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:06 - Aug 2 with 296 viewsjjblue84

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 15:58 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

Well, all of it really.

Are you able to say why??
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:07 - Aug 2 with 294 viewsSpruceMoose

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:06 - Aug 2 by jjblue84

Here's a start (not sure why you ignored this earlier...)

There wasn't much respect and soul when we stiffed a load of local businesses out of the money we owed them. Lets not pretend we were something special back then either. This is a downward trend we have been on for a long time now. It pre-dates Evans.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:33 - Aug 2 with 268 viewsjjblue84

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:07 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Here's a start (not sure why you ignored this earlier...)

We were certainly something special to our supporters before, but not anymore. There was a decline after relegation from the top division, but this has been quickly accelerated to achieve depths not plunged for 50 years. After all this time, he still has a manager who has to embarrassingly state in public what an utter shambles it is!! There is simply nothing left to revive. It’s gone. What’s tragic is that supporters are still taken in by this, and continue to give away money to the ME cause when there is zero hope under his destructive regime.
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:36 - Aug 2 with 260 viewsSpruceMoose

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:33 - Aug 2 by jjblue84

We were certainly something special to our supporters before, but not anymore. There was a decline after relegation from the top division, but this has been quickly accelerated to achieve depths not plunged for 50 years. After all this time, he still has a manager who has to embarrassingly state in public what an utter shambles it is!! There is simply nothing left to revive. It’s gone. What’s tragic is that supporters are still taken in by this, and continue to give away money to the ME cause when there is zero hope under his destructive regime.

That's a rant and hasn't addressed anything in my post though.

Our reputation was in the toilet when we cost local people and local firms their jobs and businesses. The fact that Evans hasn't cleaned the roof of a stand fades into insignificance compared to that.

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:37 - Aug 2 with 259 viewsHerbivore

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:06 - Aug 2 by jjblue84

Well for one thing, Sheepshanks wasn't too popular after taking the club into administration. It wasn't some great love in. For another thing, hope was in pretty short supply in the couple of years prior to ME buying the club. We lost Bent, Kuqi and Miller for not very much and replaced them with Sam Parkin. Just because things aren't great now it doesn't mean they were much better before ME came in.

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:41 - Aug 2 with 254 viewsSpruceMoose

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:37 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

Well for one thing, Sheepshanks wasn't too popular after taking the club into administration. It wasn't some great love in. For another thing, hope was in pretty short supply in the couple of years prior to ME buying the club. We lost Bent, Kuqi and Miller for not very much and replaced them with Sam Parkin. Just because things aren't great now it doesn't mean they were much better before ME came in.

Indeed. There's a reason some fans were so cringingly boastful about how all of a sudden we were rich when Evans came in, because things had been so crap prior to that. Maybe younger fans don't remember, but they should listen to those who do.

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:47 - Aug 2 with 248 viewsbraveblue

There is no doubt that PL has almost had enough of Evans mis-management. Exactly the shambles that Keane described in his book. With more money likely to come in this week Evans will need to release some of it or I think Lambert will walk if results are poor. The central defence situation for the opening match is a complete joke.

I am fully behind Lambert and hope he gets a lot of support. As for Evans. I cannot wait to see him leave.
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:56 - Aug 2 with 237 viewsHerbivore

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:47 - Aug 2 by braveblue

There is no doubt that PL has almost had enough of Evans mis-management. Exactly the shambles that Keane described in his book. With more money likely to come in this week Evans will need to release some of it or I think Lambert will walk if results are poor. The central defence situation for the opening match is a complete joke.

I am fully behind Lambert and hope he gets a lot of support. As for Evans. I cannot wait to see him leave.

Playing Woolfenden and Wilson is a joke? How so?

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 17:14 - Aug 2 with 218 viewsjjblue84

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 16:36 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

That's a rant and hasn't addressed anything in my post though.

Our reputation was in the toilet when we cost local people and local firms their jobs and businesses. The fact that Evans hasn't cleaned the roof of a stand fades into insignificance compared to that.

Funny how you dismiss the worst situation for 50 years as not cleaning the stand...only pure devotion can do this...
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 17:24 - Aug 2 with 202 viewsSpruceMoose

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 17:14 - Aug 2 by jjblue84

Funny how you dismiss the worst situation for 50 years as not cleaning the stand...only pure devotion can do this...

Businesses going bust, people losing their jobs, the club almost ceasing to exist. That's a real 'worst situation' not Evans being tight with transfer money.

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 18:02 - Aug 2 with 187 viewsjjblue84

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 17:24 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Businesses going bust, people losing their jobs, the club almost ceasing to exist. That's a real 'worst situation' not Evans being tight with transfer money.

It was a bad situation, but since rectified. There is no fix for the current situation which is far worse. It’s over, you just can’t see it.
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 18:05 - Aug 2 with 183 viewsSpruceMoose

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 18:02 - Aug 2 by jjblue84

It was a bad situation, but since rectified. There is no fix for the current situation which is far worse. It’s over, you just can’t see it.

Who rectified it out of interest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024