Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... 13:24 - Aug 16 with 4956 viewsKieran_Knows

.. Steve Dale, having a pop at each other live on TalkSport this morning. Incredible.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 23:09 - Aug 16 with 510 viewsGirthyguy

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 17:05 - Aug 16 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Wtf so even if he was on 2 3 4 k a week you live within your means at that specific moment only to find out you get paid sweet FA for the next 6 months. Of course they are going to get their @ss in their hand. It's not like some Premier league bench warmer getting 50k a week sucking the bench off is it.
Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 09:11 - Aug 17 with 415 viewstractorboy1978

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 19:24 - Aug 16 by tractorboy7777

Realistically, a footballer should realise that buying a more expensive house because they can afford it now is daft. I’d say the player is probably on £1.5k to £2k a week which is £78k a year minimum. Someone on that type of salary could pay off a 90% mortgage on a £350k house in their playing career... If you earn that sort of money and want to spend a lot of it on a house, when without a doubt could afford comfortably a tidy family house that a large portion of the country couldn’t afford, then more fool you.

He doesn’t live within his means if he can only go without 2 months pay before losing his house.

However, what’s going on up in Bury is a sign of what football could well become in the near future.

If he's on £1.5k a week then after being taxed he's been paid £9k over the last 6 months rather than the £27k he's contractually entitled to. That's a huge hit by anyone's measures and you'd be far from living comfortably particularly with a couple of kids.
Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 10:41 - Aug 17 with 368 viewstractorboy7777

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 21:04 - Aug 16 by N2_Blue

you really have no idea about his personal circumstances so best not to comment really and pass judgement.

He could have been paying medical fees, investing money elsewhere which is tied up or anything.

Fair point re medical fees. My main point though is that the person I quoted was saying that if you’re on a higher wage, you have higher outgoings. As a footballer, surely they would be advised to restrict their outgoings as they could easily be out of a contract in a year’s time as well as a limited career period.

I realise I don’t know this guys full story (I mistakenly understood it was 2 months paid in 4 not 6 for a start). He’s 33 though and his career could well soon end so I would have thought there’d be some contingency in place. Just my view from the outside.

To be fair the post above mentioning contractually entitled to would probably be part of a contingency actually.

Here, the main concern for me are the ones behind the scene who earn far less than the players that will be hit hardest
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 10:44]

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024