Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? 17:05 - Aug 17 with 2283 viewspointofblue

Peterborough first...

Possession: 44 - 55
Shots: 12 - 14
On Target: 7 - 7
Corners: 5 - 4

That doesn't suggest we were out of the game, struggling or didn't deserve the point?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 17:14 - Aug 17 with 2208 viewstiptreeblue

I think a lot of it is from people with glasses half empty sadly
I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 17:19 - Aug 17 with 2172 viewsSteve_M

It was poor though, we struggled from Peterborough's equaliser onwards.

The stats aren't irrelevant though, they show we'll do ok playing badly but we got a bit lucky.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 17:21 - Aug 17 with 2157 viewspatrickswell

When Mick McCarthy led to us to 4 straight wins at the start of 2017-18, I remember a number of posters claiming it was undeserved because we “lost” on all the statistical counts.

Given what went on last season, I guess the question is how does the team look?
I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 17:23 - Aug 17 with 2132 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Have we progressed since we last played Peterborough away or have they gone backwards a lot?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 17:25 - Aug 17 with 2119 viewspointofblue

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 17:19 - Aug 17 by Steve_M

It was poor though, we struggled from Peterborough's equaliser onwards.

The stats aren't irrelevant though, they show we'll do ok playing badly but we got a bit lucky.

So do they suggest that with another striker to help up top, bringing the midfielders back from injury (inparticular Huws and Judge) and strengthening the full back position, as Lambert seems to be trying to do, then we should be in for a good season? As seemingly we were dire today yet matched Peterborough in shot count and had more possession?

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 20:32 - Aug 17 with 1904 viewsbraveblue

Good point.
I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 20:35 - Aug 17 with 1887 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

We were poor, there’s no two ways about it. Peterborough centre halves were lapping up the high balls and we created very little otherwise, one or two bright moments of possession but we lack cohesion between midfield and up front.

Peterborough were also poor.
I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 20:57 - Aug 17 with 1825 viewsGirthyguy

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 17:14 - Aug 17 by tiptreeblue

I think a lot of it is from people with glasses half empty sadly

Yeah but if we don't get 100 goals and 100 points it's a failure even if we get promoted.
Login to get fewer ads

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 21:01 - Aug 17 with 1800 viewspointofblue

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 20:35 - Aug 17 by King_ding_a_lin_g

We were poor, there’s no two ways about it. Peterborough centre halves were lapping up the high balls and we created very little otherwise, one or two bright moments of possession but we lack cohesion between midfield and up front.

Peterborough were also poor.

We were so poor, and their centre backs were bossing the game to such an extent, that we had two more shots on goal than them and the same number of target.

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 21:06 - Aug 17 with 1784 viewsjaykay

plus a penalty miss

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 22:48 - Aug 17 with 1679 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 21:01 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

We were so poor, and their centre backs were bossing the game to such an extent, that we had two more shots on goal than them and the same number of target.

You were happy with the way we played?
I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 22:49 - Aug 17 with 1676 viewspointofblue

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 22:48 - Aug 17 by King_ding_a_lin_g

You were happy with the way we played?

I just wonder whether it's being exaggerated slightly. Perhaps we struggled at times but some of the words being used...

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 23:07 - Aug 17 with 1651 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 22:49 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

I just wonder whether it's being exaggerated slightly. Perhaps we struggled at times but some of the words being used...

There was just a lack of cohesion and quality on offer today which is disappointing because Peterborough were also quite poor and, based on today’s game, a team with genuine hopes of promotion should be winning against that opposition.
I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 23:10 - Aug 17 with 1643 viewspointofblue

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 23:07 - Aug 17 by King_ding_a_lin_g

There was just a lack of cohesion and quality on offer today which is disappointing because Peterborough were also quite poor and, based on today’s game, a team with genuine hopes of promotion should be winning against that opposition.

My concern is the pattern seems to be decent first half (particularly the first 20 minutes) then we lose our way in the second. What happens at half time for this to happen?

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 23:21 - Aug 17 with 1627 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 23:10 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

My concern is the pattern seems to be decent first half (particularly the first 20 minutes) then we lose our way in the second. What happens at half time for this to happen?

We don’t seem to have the ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck and put teams under pressure when we go ahead. In the main, our tactics today (and at Burton) seemed to consist of Holy’s massive kick, Norwood jumping into one of the defenders to try put him off in the hope that the second ball bounces to Jackson.

We’ve actually only scored one decent goal so far, the others being a keeper howler, a massive deflection & a set piece.
I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 23:32 - Aug 17 with 1592 viewspointofblue

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 23:21 - Aug 17 by King_ding_a_lin_g

We don’t seem to have the ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck and put teams under pressure when we go ahead. In the main, our tactics today (and at Burton) seemed to consist of Holy’s massive kick, Norwood jumping into one of the defenders to try put him off in the hope that the second ball bounces to Jackson.

We’ve actually only scored one decent goal so far, the others being a keeper howler, a massive deflection & a set piece.

For all of Skuse and Downes' hard work in midfield I think we have an issue dominating the game in a 4-4-2 as they're often outnumbered. They're also not the most creative of players which means we're leaning heavily on the wings - not quite so bad when Garbutt was on the left but a struggle now we have unfit or under-performing players in that position. Rowe is performing decently on the right but neither midfielder is getting help from the full backs on the overlap.

I know statistics can be misleading but saying our performance was poor? on 00:38 - Aug 18 with 1546 viewsVaughan8

Stats usually tell you how the game has gone. From those it looks fairly even.

I think people think we should be dominating teams. We aren’t at the moment but let’s see when we play a few of the “lesser” teams at home. If we are being outplayed by Rochdale then yes we might need to worry.

Peterborough are one of the better teams (supposedly) and so a point away to them is OK. We aren’t world beaters atm, but let’s just give it a chance it’s only 3 games in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024