Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A very enjoyable day of sport. 19:03 - Aug 24 with 1723 viewscatch74

Miracle required tomorrow, these two need to see off the new ball.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 21:07 - Aug 24 with 1644 viewsgainsboroughblue

First hour and new ball again huge.

We saw quite a bit of frustration from the Aussies today and the fact they only have four frontline bowlers is a weakness if in the field for long periods.

Unfortunately we havent kept them in the field long enough to exploit it yet.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 21:16 - Aug 24 with 1623 viewsSteve_M

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 21:07 - Aug 24 by gainsboroughblue

We saw quite a bit of frustration from the Aussies today and the fact they only have four frontline bowlers is a weakness if in the field for long periods.

We just need to take it a session at a time, there's two days left to get a couple of hundred runs. Obviously is far more likely that the brief sniff of hope will be crushed by lunch tomorrow but is there which is more than I expected last night.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 21:26 - Aug 24 with 1611 viewsvilanovablue

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 21:16 - Aug 24 by Steve_M

We just need to take it a session at a time, there's two days left to get a couple of hundred runs. Obviously is far more likely that the brief sniff of hope will be crushed by lunch tomorrow but is there which is more than I expected last night.

Batting really slowly is an option with 2 days left.
A very enjoyable day of sport. on 21:39 - Aug 24 with 1589 viewscatch74

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 21:07 - Aug 24 by gainsboroughblue

The pitch has definitely flattened out but their bowlers will use the new ball well. Need a bit of luck early on and then against Lyon.
Wonder how they’d cope having had the Ashes in their grasp today, fingers crossed.

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 23:18 - Aug 24 with 1543 viewsgainsboroughblue

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 21:39 - Aug 24 by catch74

The pitch has definitely flattened out but their bowlers will use the new ball well. Need a bit of luck early on and then against Lyon.
Wonder how they’d cope having had the Ashes in their grasp today, fingers crossed.

Root absolutely has to convert to a ton. Arguably the most important test innings he has played so far.

Australia will pile the pressure on in the morning but if Stokes and Root apply themselves, we could find ourselves 130 odd from victory at lunch, with them not quite so keen to have men under the bat.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 8:26]

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 00:07 - Aug 25 with 1525 viewscatch74

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 23:18 - Aug 24 by gainsboroughblue

Root absolutely has to convert to a ton. Arguably the most important test innings he has played so far.

Australia will pile the pressure on in the morning but if Stokes and Root apply themselves, we could find ourselves 130 odd from victory at lunch, with them not quite so keen to have men under the bat.

Great point, shame we couldn’t have knocked a few more runs off today but clearly taking minimal risks.

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 00:27 - Aug 25 with 1509 viewsCoastalblue

It's always the hope that kills you.
Have you learnt nothing supporting Town?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 08:25 - Aug 25 with 1448 viewsReuser_is_God

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 23:18 - Aug 24 by gainsboroughblue

If Root & Stokes are there at lunch I think we win the game.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 09:35 - Aug 25 with 1405 viewsHerbivore

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 08:25 - Aug 25 by Reuser_is_God

If Root & Stokes are there at lunch I think we win the game.

I think we certainly have a good chance if that's the case. They'd have seen off 15 overs or so of the new ball if they're still around at lunch and we'd have plenty of batting to come.

More likely though we'll collapse to 8 down by lunch and surrender meekly just after.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 09:38 - Aug 25 with 1399 viewsgainsboroughblue

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 09:35 - Aug 25 by Herbivore

I think we certainly have a good chance if that's the case. They'd have seen off 15 overs or so of the new ball if they're still around at lunch and we'd have plenty of batting to come.

More likely though we'll collapse to 8 down by lunch and surrender meekly just after.

That is my fear. I'm fully expecting a wicket to go down this morning very very quickly. We don't tend to start fresh days well.

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 09:38 - Aug 25 with 1398 viewsAce_High1

yesterday was good but you often see in these situations that the break in play completely changes the dynamic.

A number of times a batsmen who is in and looking good, gets out within the first few overs the next day.

I really hope I am wrong but I can see if being all over by lunch. We have a habit of collapse so once Root or Stokes go it won't last long.
A very enjoyable day of sport. on 09:45 - Aug 25 with 1387 viewsHerbivore

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 09:38 - Aug 25 by gainsboroughblue

That is my fear. I'm fully expecting a wicket to go down this morning very very quickly. We don't tend to start fresh days well.

We do struggle to start. Hopefully 8 overs with an old ball might give them a chance to play their way in. We don't need to worry about run rate, if we bat all day we'll get the runs and we have tomorrow too if needed. Their bowlers will tire on a hot day but we've got to dig in. Unfortunately we usually only seem capable of doing so for the odd session or two and I'm not sure we can bat all day today as we did yesterday afternoon.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A very enjoyable day of sport. on 10:14 - Aug 25 with 1368 viewsfranz_tyson

Great effort by Root and Denly, but I expect the Aussies to make use of the new ball and win comfortably.
I’m being unfair to the English batsmen but I wish they could have tried to rotate the strike more and kept the scoreboard ticking over. There was a point before Denly got out where we got stuck and it seemed inevitable that Australia would get a wicket. We can’t draw this match - we either lose it or win it. We can’t blast our way to victory, but we need to be a bit more positive and look for singles. If we just try and cling on - we lose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024