Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Owen getting a lot of stick today... 17:35 - Sep 3 with 4263 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

But what a player he was!!

Amazing goal scoring record, 23 goals in his debut season!

Ballon d'or winner!

Not sure we'll see another like him.

Shame he's not respected.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Michael Owen getting a lot of stick today... on 19:13 - Sep 4 with 325 viewsKropotkin123

Michael Owen getting a lot of stick today... on 21:09 - Sep 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

That doesn't mean he didn't reach his potential.

World Class isn't restricted to those few players.

I would say Owen was world class at his peak.

Potential isn't necessarily comparable in the way you demonstrate. If he had the potential to win the ballon d'or five times, then winning it once isn't fulfilling his potential.

Also winning it once isn't comparable to winning it multiple times, like Messi and Ronaldo. I tend to agree with those that put him alongside the likes of Rooney and Totti, which is still praise.

He was World Class for a time. But certainly not the top echelon. Not given his honours list. He won one league title, at Man Utd, where he score 5 in 30+ games. No Champions League. The upper Echelon make this happen.

Then scoring stats you gave are from when he was younger. He was hampered by injury and he could have had an even more successful career, had he been less injury prone.

My opinion, for what it is worth
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 19:15]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Michael Owen getting a lot of stick today... on 19:19 - Sep 4 with 313 viewshampstead_blue

Michael Owen getting a lot of stick today... on 17:38 - Sep 3 by SpruceMoose

It's all his own fault that people think he's a d!ck though.

I always felt that if he didn't fancy the game he'd call in sick.

In the Army he'd be called a 'biff'. Sunny days means he's playing, raining and cold....he's at home.

Wasted talent and only ever in it for the money.

Dwarf prig in my mind.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024