Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. 12:32 - Sep 25 with 3945 viewsclive_baker

I'll kick off with the Woolpack. Really nice looking pub, in my favourite part of town too with some really characterful properties surrounding it. Reminds me of visiting my auntie as a kid who lived on Constable Road at the time. Many hours spent in the Woolpack after spending an afternoon dicking around in the park. Not been in for a long while mind.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:25 - Sep 25 with 883 viewsBloomBlue

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:05 - Sep 25 by SpruceMoose

The number of pubs I enjoy going into seemingly gets smaller with every trip back to Ipswich. The Arcade Tavern, the Fat Cat, The Spread Eagle, Thomas Wolsey... that's about it. Hopsters seems like a welcome addition to the town though. Has anyone been to The Swan since it reopened?

Was in Norwich on a recent visit. Feel like I've been banging the drum for them too much lately, but the pubs there were pretty decent.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 20:06]

Went into the Swan before the Wimbledon game so probably unfair to judge it on one visit but thought it it was a bit faceless and lacks character now. The old thing they do when they reopen pubs of slap some light coloured paint on the waters and some beer pumps with lights on and everyone will be happy
We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:28 - Sep 25 with 876 viewsSpruceMoose

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:25 - Sep 25 by BloomBlue

Went into the Swan before the Wimbledon game so probably unfair to judge it on one visit but thought it it was a bit faceless and lacks character now. The old thing they do when they reopen pubs of slap some light coloured paint on the waters and some beer pumps with lights on and everyone will be happy

That doesn't sound good. Which is a shame as I bought my first underage pint for myself in there many years back, so have a lot of affection for the place.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:33 - Sep 25 with 867 viewsBluespeed225

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 13:13 - Sep 25 by wkj

We've probably bumped into one another at the dove

I’ve often wondered how many posters I’m stood with when I’m in there. Phil should hold a name tag night!
We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:35 - Sep 25 with 863 viewsBluespeed225

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:25 - Sep 25 by BloomBlue

Yup, I was in there before that game, still smelt of paint, very light ( I hate that in pubs), and some fresh wall coverings.
We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:57 - Sep 25 with 850 viewsMeadowlark

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:33 - Sep 25 by Bluespeed225

I’ve often wondered how many posters I’m stood with when I’m in there. Phil should hold a name tag night!

I usually try to get in The Dove or The Greyhound before the match if I'm not driving.
We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 21:21 - Sep 25 with 836 viewsBloomBlue

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:33 - Sep 25 by Bluespeed225

Would that be one name tag per person or would those who have more than one Username have to wear all their name tags?
We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 21:28 - Sep 25 with 825 viewsBarneycurley

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 21:21 - Sep 25 by BloomBlue

Would that be one name tag per person or would those who have more than one Username have to wear all their name tags?

Surely they would all be Blueas

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 21:29 - Sep 25 with 823 viewswkj

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 18:20 - Sep 25 by BlockJJ

Worked there for a large number of years

I'm the one they call John!

No clue why though as my name is William Killroy Jeshun, hey ho
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 21:30]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 21:33 - Sep 25 with 816 viewsyesjohn99

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 20:24 - Sep 25 by SpruceMoose

I was with a local and we did just that. The estates of Ipswich however offer slim pickings in terms of decent pubs.

Belstead Arms
We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 23:24 - Sep 25 with 754 viewshoppy

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 21:29 - Sep 25 by wkj

I'm the one they call John!

No clue why though as my name is William Killroy Jeshun, hey ho
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 21:30]

What kind of surname is hey ho?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 03:12 - Sep 26 with 731 viewswkj

We've had old Ipswich pubs, how about favourite current Ipswich pubs.. on 23:24 - Sep 25 by hoppy

What kind of surname is hey ho?

Exotic, I was born near Chiswick

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024