Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morning All 06:59 - Sep 28 with 929 viewsSteve_M

I'm looking forward to today, perhaps the kind of match that will tell us more about how this season will finish. Why? I think we are perfectly asset up for away matches in this division, and four wins and a draw from five, reinforces that but I'm not quite sure Lambert has worked out a clear approach for home matches.

The first half against Sunderland was very good, the second against Wimbledon too but in a different way, applying pressure and forcing chances against a highly defensive team. The only real thing in common between those two halves that we have better players than most teams in the division. Again, we're set up to break well but I'm less sure about trying to dominate matches. Here the myriad options might be as much curse as blessing in establishing a clear pattern of play.

That said, the Shrewsbury game was the first 'comfortable' home win since Reading in December 2017 so another one of them would be lovely.

Also today, we'll be selling Turnstile Blues outside PR from 13:30.

COYFB

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Morning All on 07:38 - Sep 28 with 868 viewsHerbivore

Agreed. We've not been convincing at home for me. I missed the Sunderland game but the first half against AFC was as bad as I've seen at Portman Road, the Shrewsbury game was effectively over after 10 minutes but we never controlled the game and with better finishing from them it could have been nervy. I thought Doncaster were much better than us last time out.

There's definitely a lack of structure to our play and no clear system. Away that doesn't matter so much, there's more space for our quality players to hurt teams at important moments. At home where we're denied that space it's more of an issue. Be interested to see how we set up today.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Morning All on 07:44 - Sep 28 with 860 viewsDubtractor

Morning All on 07:38 - Sep 28 by Herbivore

Agreed. We've not been convincing at home for me. I missed the Sunderland game but the first half against AFC was as bad as I've seen at Portman Road, the Shrewsbury game was effectively over after 10 minutes but we never controlled the game and with better finishing from them it could have been nervy. I thought Doncaster were much better than us last time out.

There's definitely a lack of structure to our play and no clear system. Away that doesn't matter so much, there's more space for our quality players to hurt teams at important moments. At home where we're denied that space it's more of an issue. Be interested to see how we set up today.

I think having one or two obvious weak links - Donacien against WImbledon, Kenlock against Donny, has really hampered our attempts to play slicker attacking football.

First half against Sunderland was as good as I've seen us play in years. Conversely the first half against Wimbledon the worst I've seen in years! Donny I thought we were the better team second half having been outplayed first half.

I wasn't going to go today as thought I should spend some time with Mrs Dub as I've barely seen her all week, but apparently she's off to yoga so now I feel like I should go. Especially as the sun is shining.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Morning All on 07:49 - Sep 28 with 836 viewsFixed_It

Morning All on 07:44 - Sep 28 by Dubtractor

I think having one or two obvious weak links - Donacien against WImbledon, Kenlock against Donny, has really hampered our attempts to play slicker attacking football.

First half against Sunderland was as good as I've seen us play in years. Conversely the first half against Wimbledon the worst I've seen in years! Donny I thought we were the better team second half having been outplayed first half.

I wasn't going to go today as thought I should spend some time with Mrs Dub as I've barely seen her all week, but apparently she's off to yoga so now I feel like I should go. Especially as the sun is shining.

You could go to yoga with her.
Nah - maybe not. COYB!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Morning All on 07:50 - Sep 28 with 834 viewsBluefish

Morning Stephen

Gutted I am unable to attend today. I don't think we are far off at all and will soon have some sort of a settled style so that we go into games home or away not thinking about that sort of thing. The playing personal really is far too good for this league, we just need to far the shape and style. The way we have mixed it lately makes me think we are getting close.

What is this magazine about? I've never heard of it. It is all about Clegg?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Morning All on 12:49 - Sep 28 with 648 viewsITFC_Forever

Morning All on 07:38 - Sep 28 by Herbivore

As bad as you’ve seen????

It was poor, but nowhere near that low a standard. We’ve seen much worse over the years.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024