Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SKUSE 19:13 - Sep 28 with 2364 viewsTerra_Farma

He has been awesome for us this season.

No fuss, no monkey business, just a straight forward pro.

Awesome.
He's a quality player on 23:00 - Sep 28 with 611 viewsOsborneOneNil

He's a quality player on 20:51 - Sep 28 by judespiveyg

I don't buy the range of passing line, doesn't make any passes I wouldn't expect any of our other options to make. Skuse normally has a fair bit of time to pick a pass as well.

As for the second part, I'm basing it on the same amount of fact you are when you say no one who doesn't rate Skuse has ever played football.

I’ve had this for a few years. Played a decent level, and have always said I find Skuse average. I then get told I’m wrong and don’t understand football.

Dyland, time on the ball does increase if you read the game well. But a holding midfielder will also generally have more time on the ball than an attacking midfielder playing further forward. Generally.
He's a quality player on 23:09 - Sep 28 with 597 viewsDyland

He's a quality player on 23:00 - Sep 28 by OsborneOneNil

I’ve had this for a few years. Played a decent level, and have always said I find Skuse average. I then get told I’m wrong and don’t understand football.

Dyland, time on the ball does increase if you read the game well. But a holding midfielder will also generally have more time on the ball than an attacking midfielder playing further forward. Generally.

I don't disagree. And by their very nature a holding midfielder is going to rely on accurate longer passing than an attacking midfielder who's going to play shorter, or dribble more in congested areas, etc. Swings and roundabouts.

My comment was aimed at fans on here and the terraces calling him sh1te.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

SKUSE on 05:42 - Sep 29 with 567 viewspowinswitch

As he has all this season Skuse played well today. As somebody has mentioned, and I have also made this comment in past weeks, the issue is who he has been in the midfield with.

So I repeat he has played well all season, and is possibly our most consistent performer thus far. Now tell me how many times our midfield has dominated the opposition, I would suggest first half v Sunderland, first half hour versus MK Dons, and second half yesterday. That is the problem, it’s finding the right combination of players to dominate games.

Regarding his passing. He seldom gives the ball away, and has excellent passing stats. But he limits his passing to definite completion. He will often play a wall pass to a centre back, or sideway passes. Ok if you have somebody who unlocks the opposition next to you.

I again make the point he has played well all season. In fairness I think he was right up there today and his score on this site from the fans ratings is a little harsh. IMO.
He's a quality player on 08:07 - Sep 29 with 541 viewsOsborneOneNil

He's a quality player on 23:09 - Sep 28 by Dyland

I don't disagree. And by their very nature a holding midfielder is going to rely on accurate longer passing than an attacking midfielder who's going to play shorter, or dribble more in congested areas, etc. Swings and roundabouts.

My comment was aimed at fans on here and the terraces calling him sh1te.

Fair comment. He’s certainly not sh1te, and this season has seen him shine more than before. Whether that’s down to who he is playing alongside, or the drop to Div 3, I’m not sure. Personally I suspect it’s a bit of both.
He's a quality player on 08:37 - Sep 29 with 518 viewsMullet

He's a quality player on 08:07 - Sep 29 by OsborneOneNil

Fair comment. He’s certainly not sh1te, and this season has seen him shine more than before. Whether that’s down to who he is playing alongside, or the drop to Div 3, I’m not sure. Personally I suspect it’s a bit of both.

Bar last season perhaps, which was blighted by injury and Doig and Hurst, this isn't even close to his first 2 or 3 years here.

As Lambert and Mick have both said, it's a shame he's not had a shot at the top level.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

He's a quality player on 08:42 - Sep 29 with 512 viewsBluebell

He's a quality player on 08:37 - Sep 29 by Mullet

Bar last season perhaps, which was blighted by injury and Doig and Hurst, this isn't even close to his first 2 or 3 years here.

As Lambert and Mick have both said, it's a shame he's not had a shot at the top level.

This.

I am sure the stats show that in games Skuse hasn't played, we have never done well.

Yesterday Skuse was telling players what to do and where to stand a lot of the game, moreso than Chambers ever does.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 8:43]
He's a quality player on 08:43 - Sep 29 with 511 viewsPJH

He's a quality player on 08:37 - Sep 29 by Mullet

I think that other than MM, Cole Skuse's uses and abilities are the most divisive footballing topic on here.

I think that it is almost universally acknowledged that he is playing well this season but there will be no agreement on how good or otherwise he has been in the past.

My unchanging opinion is that he is looking to be a good player now simply because he IS a good player.
He's a quality player on 08:46 - Sep 29 with 504 viewsMullet

He's a quality player on 08:42 - Sep 29 by Bluebell

This.

I am sure the stats show that in games Skuse hasn't played, we have never done well.

Yesterday Skuse was telling players what to do and where to stand a lot of the game, moreso than Chambers ever does.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 8:43]

Europe's top interceptor aside or whatever, you don't need stats to appreciate football. Look at how Skuse has brought through Teddy in 14/15 and Downes this season.

There's a continuity there that when you trace the injuries to Huws and Bishop and replace them with Douglas, Bru, Coke etc and it's easy to see some people either don't watch us much, or blame Skuse for us being forced to play our 5th and 6th choices next to him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

SKUSE on 08:50 - Sep 29 with 498 viewsDyland

SKUSE on 05:42 - Sep 29 by powinswitch

As he has all this season Skuse played well today. As somebody has mentioned, and I have also made this comment in past weeks, the issue is who he has been in the midfield with.

So I repeat he has played well all season, and is possibly our most consistent performer thus far. Now tell me how many times our midfield has dominated the opposition, I would suggest first half v Sunderland, first half hour versus MK Dons, and second half yesterday. That is the problem, it’s finding the right combination of players to dominate games.

Regarding his passing. He seldom gives the ball away, and has excellent passing stats. But he limits his passing to definite completion. He will often play a wall pass to a centre back, or sideway passes. Ok if you have somebody who unlocks the opposition next to you.

I again make the point he has played well all season. In fairness I think he was right up there today and his score on this site from the fans ratings is a little harsh. IMO.

" But he limits his passing to definite completion"

Not as black and white as that. I've seen him spray amazing balls all over the pitch. Obviously the role and system does usually mean he doesn't need to do this but he's perfectly capable of playing the Hollywood long pass.

He's a quality player on 09:22 - Sep 29 with 474 viewsChurchman

He's a quality player on 08:43 - Sep 29 by PJH

I think that other than MM, Cole Skuse's uses and abilities are the most divisive footballing topic on here.

I think that it is almost universally acknowledged that he is playing well this season but there will be no agreement on how good or otherwise he has been in the past.

My unchanging opinion is that he is looking to be a good player now simply because he IS a good player.

You are right. I cannot think of another player who has generated such polarised views. He is terribly important to the club/team at the moment and reads the game well. But for me he is quite limited in what he can do which is maybe why he never played at a higher level. To be fair, I’m not sure the way MM wanted the game played suited him and he was at times playing alongside some truly awful players in a dogs dinner of a team.
SKUSE on 09:31 - Sep 29 with 465 viewsSwansea_Blue

Douggie carried him through the Championship. Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

SKUSE on 09:41 - Sep 29 with 459 viewsDyland

SKUSE on 09:31 - Sep 29 by Swansea_Blue

SKUSE on 10:16 - Sep 29 with 429 viewsChurchman

SKUSE on 09:31 - Sep 29 by Swansea_Blue

Proper bloke, Douggie. Def info.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024