Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing that irked me yesterday... 21:14 - Sep 29 with 3080 viewsmonytowbray

People saying we weren’t very good in the first half. Honestly I’d give credit to Tranmere. They did what most teams will do at PR now, set up for the point, go for a counter attack game, hope they can go a goal to the good and keep us shut out. Felt they crowded us very well, and dare I say were too cautious of Norwood marking which worked in Jackson’s favour. Said once Tranmere tire or we go a goal to the good it would open them up, wasn’t wrong there.

Nice to see teams coming here to match us and trying to stop us playing rather than us taking the cautious side, that’s the Ipswich I fell in love with under Burley in the 90s.

Also, KVY’s goal was Taricco-esque. Love it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 09:46 - Sep 30 with 470 viewsmaccyd9

We were poor 1st half and that's fine. It doesn't matter too much when you only need to play for 45.

The system didn't work 1st half until Skuse moved into midfield.

Whatever Tranmere did in the first half, we allowed them to do. As soon as we got our foot on the ball and had some width we took them apart.

Lambert has been great, the only slight criticism from me he is trying to over complicate things. We are much better than every team in this division and we should be looking to play our best system.

The constant changes in system and line up will keep people fresh, but continuity might suffer.
One thing that irked me yesterday... on 10:17 - Sep 30 with 439 viewsbritbiker

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 08:09 - Sep 30 by homer_123

It was a poor first half showing Callis. Clearly Lambert was aware of it. Lining up with 3 at the back meant the midfield was overrun. Our ball retention and use in the first half was poor and that was not, solely, down to Tranmere being OK. We were not great at all.

Garbutts Free Kick was the highlight and then we gave a comical goal away starting with Chambers trying to bring the ball down out wide, mis-controlling it (under no pressure) and then a couple of mistakes later Tranmere score.

Wilson, who I like, is an out and out defender and is not at all suited to a back three when the ball needs to be used well. Pretty much everyones passing in the first half left a lot to be desired. Yes, at times Tranmere closed down well, but we were not under pressure all the time, so the passing was just poor, end of.

The second half, however, wether is was down to the early goal, change of formation or a rocket from Lambert was infinitely better. We got on the ball, used it far more effectively, created space and opportunities, took our chances (generally) and looked a cut about Tranmere from the off of the second half.

I really don't see what the problem is is merely stating the obvious. First half was poor, second half very good. Lambert wasn't afraid to change it tactically and the lads finally got themselves on it.

3rd gear and we win 4-1 - cracking result, 3 pts, 4 goals and a thoroughly enjoyable second half.

Have to agree. The basic passing in the first half was poor.

Their keeper was time wasting from the start, so pleasing that he suffered in the second half. This is something that is going to happen all season but we have enough individual skill to get us out of trouble most games. Just hope the fans keep it going during the games when we have troubles breaking teams down.

Would like us to get Garbutt signed up long term. Had a feeling he would score but didn't expect it to be from a free kick. Goals from defence is something we gave lacked for a few years. Our defenders used to be a threat with headers from corners. Now we have defenders scoring blinders from open play. Happy days.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 13:24]
One thing that irked me yesterday... on 10:28 - Sep 30 with 420 viewsDyland

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 06:54 - Sep 30 by Superfrans

I heard a lot of this. But it they didn’t like the first half vs Tranmere they’d have hated the second halves against MK Dons and Gillingham. We also weren’t great in the first half vs AfcW and generally average vs DonnyRs.

FWIW, I thought the Tranmere performance was our most complete of the season. We were even in the first half and, but for a poor goal conceded, would have gone in 1 up and comfortable. Second half was a level above and we made our superiority count. But we had the larger share of possession in both halves, fairly level on shots etc.

We’re not going to roll over all teams, even in this division. And I fear that everyone is expecting a comfortable win vs Fleetwood next weekend, when it is going to be far tougher than that.

Are people expecting a comfortable win over Fleetwood? Maybe a tiny minority of the blue tint brigade. Haven't Fleetwood been scoring for fun? Our defence is going to need to concentrate for a hell of a lot longer than so far this season.

Beat Fleetwood and I'll be over the moon. A draw won't be a disaster.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024