Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing that irked me yesterday... 21:14 - Sep 29 with 3113 viewsmonytowbray

People saying we weren’t very good in the first half. Honestly I’d give credit to Tranmere. They did what most teams will do at PR now, set up for the point, go for a counter attack game, hope they can go a goal to the good and keep us shut out. Felt they crowded us very well, and dare I say were too cautious of Norwood marking which worked in Jackson’s favour. Said once Tranmere tire or we go a goal to the good it would open them up, wasn’t wrong there.

Nice to see teams coming here to match us and trying to stop us playing rather than us taking the cautious side, that’s the Ipswich I fell in love with under Burley in the 90s.

Also, KVY’s goal was Taricco-esque. Love it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 21:15 - Sep 29 with 2608 viewsPJH

Plus PL did not change the system by moving Skuse forward to midfield until about 15 minutes after I advised him to.
One thing that irked me yesterday... on 21:16 - Sep 29 with 2573 viewsmonytowbray

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 21:15 - Sep 29 by PJH

Plus PL did not change the system by moving Skuse forward to midfield until about 15 minutes after I advised him to.

Did you shout it that loud?!

TWTD never forgets…

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 21:17 - Sep 29 with 2566 viewsPJH

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 21:16 - Sep 29 by monytowbray

Did you shout it that loud?!

I used telepathy but seemingly PL does not do telepathy, either that or it took a long time to reach him.
One thing that irked me yesterday... on 21:18 - Sep 29 with 2558 viewsmonytowbray

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 21:17 - Sep 29 by PJH

I used telepathy but seemingly PL does not do telepathy, either that or it took a long time to reach him.

4G is awful around town on matchday so assume telepathy signals are also worse.

TWTD never forgets…

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 21:19 - Sep 29 with 2549 viewsPJH

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 21:18 - Sep 29 by monytowbray

4G is awful around town on matchday so assume telepathy signals are also worse.

That explains it, maybe it will work better at Fleetwood.
One thing that irked me yesterday... on 21:55 - Sep 29 with 2437 viewsxrayspecs

Generally agree with that. It is the old adage that you have to fight for your right to play. Teams at PR will make themselves hard to break down, will sit deep, defend their point and see if they can catch us on the break/from a set piece.

Once we get ahead and in the second half as they tire, then we will get more chances.

We do need to start converting more of our chances though.
One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:02 - Sep 29 with 2415 viewshoppy

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 21:19 - Sep 29 by PJH

Rumours has it that it may well do...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:02 - Sep 29 with 2411 viewsStewart27

I dunno.

Maybe you’re looking into it too much. We just weren’t very good in the first half.

Sorry
Login to get fewer ads

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:04 - Sep 29 with 2397 viewsxrayspecs

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:02 - Sep 29 by hoppy

I think this too good for too many on here.
One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:13 - Sep 29 with 2348 viewsjeera

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:04 - Sep 29 by xrayspecs

I think this too good for too many on here.

It's an old joke.

You hear it everywhere.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:18 - Sep 29 with 2327 viewsJakeITFC

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:13 - Sep 29 by jeera

It's an old joke.

You hear it everywhere.

I’ll do another pun to keep the chain going.
One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:18 - Sep 29 with 2339 viewsRegencyBlue

We weren’t very good in the first half, no point in ignoring that.

The system we started with didn’t work and we were overrun in midfield. Once Lambert changed that we improved considerably. Tranmere put in plenty of effort but we made it easy for them in that first half.
One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:19 - Sep 29 with 2315 viewshoppy

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:18 - Sep 29 by JakeITFC

I’ll do another pun to keep the chain going.

I don’t want to know.

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:31 - Sep 29 with 2269 viewsjeera

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:19 - Sep 29 by hoppy

I don’t want to know.

Oh well.

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:40 - Sep 29 with 2230 viewshoppy

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:31 - Sep 29 by jeera

Oh well.

Maybe I should’ve said ‘Don’t Stop’ then...

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:42 - Sep 29 with 2229 viewsIllinoisblue

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:18 - Sep 29 by RegencyBlue

The system we started with didn’t work and we were overrun in midfield. Once Lambert changed that we improved considerably. Tranmere put in plenty of effort but we made it easy for them in that first half.

Indeed. I don't know why people get so uppity about people stating the obvious. We weren't quite as bad in the first half as we were v Wimbledon, but it was pretty poor stuff.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 23:09 - Sep 29 with 2166 viewsGarv

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:18 - Sep 29 by RegencyBlue

We were comfortable in defence and it was the first time I’d seen Skuse play there at home, I enjoyed it. But the midfield suffered like you say.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 23:14 - Sep 29 with 2143 viewsjeera

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:40 - Sep 29 by hoppy

Maybe I should’ve said ‘Don’t Stop’ then...

Well that one's gone over my head.

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 23:46 - Sep 29 with 2086 viewsfactual_blue

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 23:14 - Sep 29 by jeera

Well that one's gone over my head.

And I thought you were a man of the world, but that description appears to be an albatross.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 06:54 - Sep 30 with 1834 viewsSuperfrans

I heard a lot of this. But it they didn’t like the first half vs Tranmere they’d have hated the second halves against MK Dons and Gillingham. We also weren’t great in the first half vs AfcW and generally average vs DonnyRs.

FWIW, I thought the Tranmere performance was our most complete of the season. We were even in the first half and, but for a poor goal conceded, would have gone in 1 up and comfortable. Second half was a level above and we made our superiority count. But we had the larger share of possession in both halves, fairly level on shots etc.

We’re not going to roll over all teams, even in this division. And I fear that everyone is expecting a comfortable win vs Fleetwood next weekend, when it is going to be far tougher than that.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 07:57 - Sep 30 with 1652 viewsReuser_is_God

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 06:54 - Sep 30 by Superfrans

I heard a lot of this. But it they didn’t like the first half vs Tranmere they’d have hated the second halves against MK Dons and Gillingham. We also weren’t great in the first half vs AfcW and generally average vs DonnyRs.

FWIW, I thought the Tranmere performance was our most complete of the season. We were even in the first half and, but for a poor goal conceded, would have gone in 1 up and comfortable. Second half was a level above and we made our superiority count. But we had the larger share of possession in both halves, fairly level on shots etc.

We’re not going to roll over all teams, even in this division. And I fear that everyone is expecting a comfortable win vs Fleetwood next weekend, when it is going to be far tougher than that.

This x100

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 08:00 - Sep 30 with 1641 viewsonlymehere

KVY is definitely going to be better than Tarrico going by his early performances he has everything in his abilities.
One thing that irked me yesterday... on 08:09 - Sep 30 with 1611 viewshomer_123

It was a poor first half showing Callis. Clearly Lambert was aware of it. Lining up with 3 at the back meant the midfield was overrun. Our ball retention and use in the first half was poor and that was not, solely, down to Tranmere being OK. We were not great at all.

Garbutts Free Kick was the highlight and then we gave a comical goal away starting with Chambers trying to bring the ball down out wide, mis-controlling it (under no pressure) and then a couple of mistakes later Tranmere score.

Wilson, who I like, is an out and out defender and is not at all suited to a back three when the ball needs to be used well. Pretty much everyones passing in the first half left a lot to be desired. Yes, at times Tranmere closed down well, but we were not under pressure all the time, so the passing was just poor, end of.

The second half, however, wether is was down to the early goal, change of formation or a rocket from Lambert was infinitely better. We got on the ball, used it far more effectively, created space and opportunities, took our chances (generally) and looked a cut about Tranmere from the off of the second half.

I really don't see what the problem is is merely stating the obvious. First half was poor, second half very good. Lambert wasn't afraid to change it tactically and the lads finally got themselves on it.

3rd gear and we win 4-1 - cracking result, 3 pts, 4 goals and a thoroughly enjoyable second half.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 08:22 - Sep 30 with 1573 viewsPJH

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 22:02 - Sep 29 by hoppy

I will take my mac.
One thing that irked me yesterday... on 09:40 - Sep 30 with 1427 viewslongtimefan

One thing that irked me yesterday... on 21:19 - Sep 29 by PJH

That's just little lies and dreams. Donald Tusk would never allow it.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 9:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024