Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ironic that she's milking it 19:50 - Oct 2 with 2700 viewsMullet

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/vb5yzb/vegan-greggs-sausage-roll-mixup?fbclid

Surely if you go to a place that serves meat you have to accept this sort of "risk", but regardless some of the language used for some who has been vegan for 2 years is wholly bizarre and reeks of compo culture. At a guess, she's old enough for it to be a maximum of 10% of her life where she went "unpoisoned".

Confusing a choice with some sort pseudo-medical condition is pretty atrocious.

On a broader point though, why is an apology never enough? Let alone the obligation to give away freebies etc?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:58 - Oct 3 with 637 viewsDubtractor

Ironic that she's milking it on 12:04 - Oct 3 by monytowbray

Although she makes some idiotic comments and the apology should have been enough, she's completely entitled to be annoyed. If you made it clear you had allergies it could put your life in danger, or if it were religious reasons to not eat something it could go as far as being a hate crime.

I'm going to assume considering some of the comments here it's because the "V" word is involved it's so bothersome. If you want to be angry at anyone, blame the media. They thrive on this faux outrage crap to rile up both sides. Should be a non-story really.

For the avoidance of doubt my comment had nothing to do with the v word.

If more people could be vegan or reduce meat and dairy consumption it would go a fair way to help reduce a number of environmental impacts and all that.

I just think she is an attention seeker. Fine to be pissed off about it, but that's really as far as it goes.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Ironic that she's milking it on 14:16 - Oct 3 with 618 viewsmonytowbray

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:51 - Oct 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Had to LOL at that last paragraph, as think one of the comments often made when you were in the middle of daily 10-pagers was that there would always be a better vegan!

Not meant as a dig btw as you seem a bit more mellow on the subject now and difficult to disagree with anything that you’ve posted in here - apart from the hate crime bit which I don’t think applies in this case assuming it was an accident

I'm still of the same opinions I always was, but I think these threads (and in general my experience on here) has lightened a bit, I admit I rise to some posts and then it all goes to sh1t from there.

I think I was the one making the "always a better vegan" comment a lot of the time. I've encountered plenty of moronic ones in my time who make me look like Gandhi in comparison.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Ironic that she's milking it on 14:17 - Oct 3 with 617 viewsmonytowbray

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:58 - Oct 3 by Dubtractor

For the avoidance of doubt my comment had nothing to do with the v word.

If more people could be vegan or reduce meat and dairy consumption it would go a fair way to help reduce a number of environmental impacts and all that.

I just think she is an attention seeker. Fine to be pissed off about it, but that's really as far as it goes.

In a roundabout way she's also making a point of p1ssing on Greggs too. Annoying as Greggs have made the week before payday and cheap lunches possible for me when I can't be bothered to make food at home. STOP ANNOYING GREGGS, THEY MIGHT PULL DEVELOPMENT ON THE VEGAN STEAK BAKE.

TWTD never forgets…

Ironic that she's milking it on 14:22 - Oct 3 with 615 viewsHalf_Idiot

She has every right to be annoyed, but I don't know what more she could have expected to get other than an apology and a refund.

These attention seeking types rile me. How can she say that it's poisoned her for life if she's only been vegan 2 years? Surely in her own words she already poisoned her body before she became a vegan.

Also, she can't be a true believer in veganism if she is willing to buy food from Greggs in the first place.
Ironic that she's milking it on 14:35 - Oct 3 with 601 viewsmonytowbray

Ironic that she's milking it on 14:22 - Oct 3 by Half_Idiot

She has every right to be annoyed, but I don't know what more she could have expected to get other than an apology and a refund.

These attention seeking types rile me. How can she say that it's poisoned her for life if she's only been vegan 2 years? Surely in her own words she already poisoned her body before she became a vegan.

Also, she can't be a true believer in veganism if she is willing to buy food from Greggs in the first place.

Second paragraph - Devil's advocate, she could have been vegetarian before vegan, so she could have been vegan much longer.

Third paragraph - How exactly did you work that one out? Anyone spending their money on plant-based foods over animal-based ones is a true believer in veganism. Where you spend that money is not here nor there. If anything buying these products will increase demand, which will result in more products available for less, which will result in more people adopting veganism as it becomes more convenient. It's no co-incidence veganism has been on the rise massively the last 5 years and is still growing.

TWTD never forgets…

Ironic that she's milking it on 15:25 - Oct 3 with 573 viewsGaryCooper

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:47 - Oct 3 by monytowbray

I said "at worst" in the hypothetical scenario it was religious based. Calm down.

Right, hanging effigies of those with different political views from a bridge along with a script about evening up the score is NOT a hate crime yet accidently giving someone pork by accident is?

Strange people, strange times.
Ironic that she's milking it on 15:34 - Oct 3 with 556 viewsmonytowbray

Ironic that she's milking it on 15:25 - Oct 3 by GaryCooper

Right, hanging effigies of those with different political views from a bridge along with a script about evening up the score is NOT a hate crime yet accidently giving someone pork by accident is?

Strange people, strange times.

I think you're failing to grasp this or at least read what I actually said for the sake of making a point that isn't there personally.

I used the words "at worst", which would be worst case scenario, IE. not on accident (if that were the case).

Not liking someone for being a Tory isn't a hate crime by legal definition, and still isn't. Religion does fit under that definition though, so in the "at worst" situation, giving a Muslim or Jewish person pork intentionally would be. Hope that helps clear this up.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 15:38]

TWTD never forgets…

Ironic that she's milking it on 15:47 - Oct 3 with 544 viewsHalf_Idiot

Ironic that she's milking it on 14:35 - Oct 3 by monytowbray

Second paragraph - Devil's advocate, she could have been vegetarian before vegan, so she could have been vegan much longer.

Third paragraph - How exactly did you work that one out? Anyone spending their money on plant-based foods over animal-based ones is a true believer in veganism. Where you spend that money is not here nor there. If anything buying these products will increase demand, which will result in more products available for less, which will result in more people adopting veganism as it becomes more convenient. It's no co-incidence veganism has been on the rise massively the last 5 years and is still growing.

Fair points.

Although, eating a small amount of meat once doesn't poison your body forever, our digestive system will soon rid of any evidence of it ever being consumed. But you're right, we don't know anything about the person other than that they were just seeking attention.

A company like Greggs will spend most of it's income, including that from their vegan sausage rolls and other vegetarian products, on producing meat based products, therefore she's funding the production of meat based products. Anyone that truly and wholly believed in veganism wouldn't want to do that.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 15:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Ironic that she's milking it on 15:56 - Oct 3 with 535 viewsmonytowbray

Ironic that she's milking it on 15:47 - Oct 3 by Half_Idiot

Fair points.

Although, eating a small amount of meat once doesn't poison your body forever, our digestive system will soon rid of any evidence of it ever being consumed. But you're right, we don't know anything about the person other than that they were just seeking attention.

A company like Greggs will spend most of it's income, including that from their vegan sausage rolls and other vegetarian products, on producing meat based products, therefore she's funding the production of meat based products. Anyone that truly and wholly believed in veganism wouldn't want to do that.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 15:51]

RE: Greggs, the same goes for any place that has meat alongside vegan options. That goes for any supermarket, leather shoe brand, food company or restaurant. Although 100% vegan brands and businesses do exist, the convenience and prices of doing that exclusively would mean becoming that "first world vegan" everyone moans about.

Most vegans accept it's about what you're spending the money on that's important. Of course that's totally up for debate, but it's one of those matters I feel you'd get more value from discussing in the vegan community.

The point I made above is creating demand helps influence it. Flora recently ditched dairy in all their butters, so it works. I'd like to imagine in my lifetime one major supermarket or convenience store will go 100% vegan from the demand growing.

TWTD never forgets…

Ironic that she's milking it on 18:33 - Oct 3 with 498 viewsGaryCooper

Ironic that she's milking it on 15:34 - Oct 3 by monytowbray

I think you're failing to grasp this or at least read what I actually said for the sake of making a point that isn't there personally.

I used the words "at worst", which would be worst case scenario, IE. not on accident (if that were the case).

Not liking someone for being a Tory isn't a hate crime by legal definition, and still isn't. Religion does fit under that definition though, so in the "at worst" situation, giving a Muslim or Jewish person pork intentionally would be. Hope that helps clear this up.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 15:38]

Yes it does, thanks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024