Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weird how this has come out now... 15:06 - Oct 11 with 3810 viewschicoazul

with quite a few big jobs open and Scotland on the end of another thrashing.

Town Open Lambert Contract Talks Claim 11th Oct 2019 14:45
Town are reported to have begun talks with manager Paul Lambert regarding a new contract. 29

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Weird how this has come out now... on 17:26 - Oct 12 with 643 viewsGaryCooper

Weird how this has come out now... on 22:44 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

What on earth? His record last season was beyond horrific, he has made a great start but he is a long way from cancelling it out.

If Ole takes Man U down and then goes unbeaten in the Championship for a dozen games, having kept most of his squad together and signed some more players. He really won't suddenly be a great manager
[Post edited 11 Oct 2019 22:48]

His record as a manager on the whole was outstanding last season, you have no soul if you can not now feel the reconnection that was so desperately lost by MM being regained by PL.

MM removed the connection with the Town fans, something that is so critical to a club of our size and stature, the worst part of that is it was a managed disconnection because a few Herberts got under his thin skin.
Weird how this has come out now... on 17:37 - Oct 12 with 630 viewsDarth_Koont

Weird how this has come out now... on 17:12 - Oct 12 by m14_blue

I’m not defending the seeding system at all, it’s inherently unfair, I just don’t think the Nations League is the answer.

It certainly provides a bit of much-needed balance. If they're not going to overhaul the seeding system and the coefficients then not sure how else you do that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Weird how this has come out now... on 17:40 - Oct 12 with 627 viewsDarth_Koont

Weird how this has come out now... on 17:26 - Oct 12 by GaryCooper

His record as a manager on the whole was outstanding last season, you have no soul if you can not now feel the reconnection that was so desperately lost by MM being regained by PL.

MM removed the connection with the Town fans, something that is so critical to a club of our size and stature, the worst part of that is it was a managed disconnection because a few Herberts got under his thin skin.

"His record as a manager on the whole was outstanding last season" - no, it wasn't.

He got a free hit for the mess he inherited but I was still disappointed how limply and inevitably we got relegated, and how little return we got from the January transfer window.

Pronouns: He/Him

Weird how this has come out now... on 18:32 - Oct 12 with 613 viewsPJH

Weird how this has come out now... on 17:26 - Oct 12 by GaryCooper

If you totally ignore results then his record last season was outstanding.

The thing is that for things like league position etc results do still just have a very small amount of relevance and putting 'outstanding' and 'results' in the same sentence regarding last season does not work.
Weird how this has come out now... on 18:36 - Oct 12 with 609 viewsBluefish

Weird how this has come out now... on 18:32 - Oct 12 by PJH

The thing is that for things like league position etc results do still just have a very small amount of relevance and putting 'outstanding' and 'results' in the same sentence regarding last season does not work.

Lambert is like the Emporers new clothes for many on here

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Weird how this has come out now... on 18:37 - Oct 12 with 609 viewsDubtractor

Weird how this has come out now... on 17:40 - Oct 12 by Darth_Koont

"His record as a manager on the whole was outstanding last season" - no, it wasn't.

He got a free hit for the mess he inherited but I was still disappointed how limply and inevitably we got relegated, and how little return we got from the January transfer window.

Agree with this entirely.

His efforts up to January were hugely encouraging with what he inherited. His January business, as I lamented several times last season, was bloody terrible and didn't improve us at all.

He has been brilliant for us this season though and hopefully is laying the groundwork for longer term, sustainable, progression for us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Weird how this has come out now... on 18:46 - Oct 12 with 601 viewsPJH

Weird how this has come out now... on 18:36 - Oct 12 by Bluefish

Lambert is like the Emporers new clothes for many on here

The thing is I like Paul Lambert very much, almost as much as I like MM,but whichever way you try to look at it he was NOT a success last season if you consider results to be of any importance.

I have said before that I have amazed myself by staying behind him despite my belief in the importance of results, however they are achieved.
Weird how this has come out now... on 21:34 - Oct 12 with 566 viewsGaryCooper

Weird how this has come out now... on 18:32 - Oct 12 by PJH

I did not mention results which were of course poor, my point is and was, that managing a club such as ours is a turn key operation, PL has succeeded in that respect, this club is hugely about the fans belonging, feeling part of the club and the style of play offered.
Login to get fewer ads

Weird how this has come out now... on 21:37 - Oct 12 with 563 viewsPJH

Weird how this has come out now... on 21:34 - Oct 12 by GaryCooper

I did not mention results which were of course poor, my point is and was, that managing a club such as ours is a turn key operation, PL has succeeded in that respect, this club is hugely about the fans belonging, feeling part of the club and the style of play offered.

Yes, last season he was outstanding-apart from results.
This season he has so far got the results as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024