Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) 13:38 - Oct 20 with 4494 viewsFrank_Dollop

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 13:11 - Oct 21 with 799 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Unbelievable, all this criticism of Dozzell.

Yesterday, everyone was poor. At least he was passing it forward, more forward passes then any other midfielder in the first half yesterday. He has played roughly 40 games for us, in and out of the team. It is very hard for a young player to make an impact being pulled in and out of the team.

Dozzell will go right to the very top, I have no doubt about it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 13:13 - Oct 21 with 796 viewsStokieBlue

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 13:11 - Oct 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

Unbelievable, all this criticism of Dozzell.

Yesterday, everyone was poor. At least he was passing it forward, more forward passes then any other midfielder in the first half yesterday. He has played roughly 40 games for us, in and out of the team. It is very hard for a young player to make an impact being pulled in and out of the team.

Dozzell will go right to the very top, I have no doubt about it.

Why is he being pulled in and out of the team?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 13:49 - Oct 21 with 765 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 13:13 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

SB

Because:
- he's not good enough yet: he can seem a bit sleepy, a bit lethargic, off the pace. To me, this is where he needs the help (love or bolloxing, whichever is best)
- Lambert needs to win matches and other players are often more suited than him at the moment (nous, physicality, energy)

And there are reasons which give me hope he'll come through:
- he's still recovering confidence after an horrendous injury which in other eras would have ended his career
- he's still gaining belief after being so poorly managed in July-Oct 2018
- the players around him play a different game to him: he is all about pass and move. So whilst he might be technically better he is far weaker physically. If he can add that then he's a player and could become a regular and a star
Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 14:02 - Oct 21 with 752 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 13:13 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

SB

The problem is then two fold.

When he comes in he doesn't have enough impact, in the one game he gets in 5. The system doesn't really suit him, but he needs a run on games to bed in.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 14:40 - Oct 21 with 732 viewsStokieBlue

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 14:02 - Oct 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

The problem is then two fold.

When he comes in he doesn't have enough impact, in the one game he gets in 5. The system doesn't really suit him, but he needs a run on games to bed in.

I would counter that your first point means the second point can't happen. I'd further counter that your second point has no evidence to support it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 14:48 - Oct 21 with 724 viewsMrTown

His ability is undoubted, but his assertion in games is not there.

Needs a full season loan undoubtebly imo.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 14:54 - Oct 21 with 711 viewsEireannach_gorm

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 08:50 - Oct 21 by artsbossbeard

Christ.

He's actually a very naughty boy.
Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:02 - Oct 21 with 677 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 14:40 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

I would counter that your first point means the second point can't happen. I'd further counter that your second point has no evidence to support it.

SB

We would be going round in circles all week SB.

I understand your point 100%, I just would like him to have a run of games before he is written off essentially.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024