Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would it be harsh to say that... 12:48 - Oct 21 with 4005 viewsHullblue

Judge was just as bad as Toto yesterday?

That attempted flick over the defender in his own third, which hit the guy in the midriff, was so so poor. Not sure if it’s his confidence that’s shot or his legs - either way it’s difficult to trust him with the ball at the moment.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Would it be harsh to say that... on 09:15 - Oct 22 with 671 viewsblueball1

Judge is woeful, he’s had Way more chances than Dozzell but only one gets slated. I hope bishop can get back fit and take judges place.
Would it be harsh to say that... on 09:57 - Oct 22 with 647 viewsWickets

Would it be harsh to say that... on 12:53 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

Yes, it would be harsh and also unfair. Toto was abject - you'll go a long way to find a worse performance than that.

However what you can say is that Judge was poor again (I await the disagreement). He didn't offer any support to Jackson and that attempted lob thing in the middle of our half was ridiculous.

SB

I am a big fan of Judge but he is struggling at the moment ,not sure what has upset him his daughters illness i suspect but hope he comes through it ok as his class is undeniable when on song .
Would it be harsh to say that... on 12:35 - Oct 22 with 611 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:09 - Oct 21 by PJH

Toto should have been booked in the first two minutes for pulling their blokes shirt so the booking he did get should have been his second one.

He could have been booked for the penalty bringing challenge and there is no way that he would have got through the second half without a second booking.

Incidentally, having now flicked through the game on TV I still think what I thought at the game yesterday, that Dobra could and maybe should have got a red for the challenge that he got yellow for.

Toto was pulling the players shirt , but looking at it that opponent had more of toto’s shirt which the ref couldn’t see.

But Toto is always liable to get a card or 2 and make a mistake .
Would it be harsh to say that... on 13:26 - Oct 22 with 596 viewsKeaneish

Would it be harsh to say that... on 09:57 - Oct 22 by Wickets

I am a big fan of Judge but he is struggling at the moment ,not sure what has upset him his daughters illness i suspect but hope he comes through it ok as his class is undeniable when on song .

What confuses me most is why we kept him to build a team around him but don't play him in the position we all know he's best at. He's good enough at this level to play and deliver even though being off form if given a consistent run of games in the No.10 slot.

As a result, we've seen 1/4 of a season of mediocre at best games from him, (the one marginally better one when he played number 10) and the tide has turned from plenty of fans on here, which is equally as weird.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 13:44 - Oct 22 with 584 viewsHerbivore

Would it be harsh to say that... on 13:26 - Oct 22 by Keaneish

What confuses me most is why we kept him to build a team around him but don't play him in the position we all know he's best at. He's good enough at this level to play and deliver even though being off form if given a consistent run of games in the No.10 slot.

As a result, we've seen 1/4 of a season of mediocre at best games from him, (the one marginally better one when he played number 10) and the tide has turned from plenty of fans on here, which is equally as weird.

He's never consistently delivered for us regardless of where he's played. I'd say at present he doesn't deserve to be in our best XI, let alone have a side built around him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 14:01 - Oct 22 with 572 viewsKeaneish

Would it be harsh to say that... on 13:44 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

He's never consistently delivered for us regardless of where he's played. I'd say at present he doesn't deserve to be in our best XI, let alone have a side built around him.

I wouldn't say Nolan has been very consistent either. A few more games with average performances and the tide might turn with him. I'd opt for the other route with Judge. Instead of dropping him, give him 5 games in behind Norwood and Jackson and see how it is then.

Here's another thought in the same context as this - how many players are really benefitting from the squad rotation system? The side is as we we're top, which you can't really argue with but those in the rotation: Rowe, Edwards, Judge, Nolan, Dozzell, Kenlock, Georgiou etc... aren't at the level they should be at.

While i see the logic with 3 games a week, i'd like to see us get a bit more consistency to the side between now and Christmas.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 14:33 - Oct 22 with 561 viewsPilgrimblue

Would it be harsh to say that... on 09:08 - Oct 22 by Bluebell

I have a feeling that if Mark Warburton has seen Judge's performances this season, he will be pleased that he didn't get him!

Maybe but hopefully he'll think he can do better at QPR.
Would it be harsh to say that... on 14:49 - Oct 22 with 555 viewsHerbivore

Would it be harsh to say that... on 14:01 - Oct 22 by Keaneish

I wouldn't say Nolan has been very consistent either. A few more games with average performances and the tide might turn with him. I'd opt for the other route with Judge. Instead of dropping him, give him 5 games in behind Norwood and Jackson and see how it is then.

Here's another thought in the same context as this - how many players are really benefitting from the squad rotation system? The side is as we we're top, which you can't really argue with but those in the rotation: Rowe, Edwards, Judge, Nolan, Dozzell, Kenlock, Georgiou etc... aren't at the level they should be at.

While i see the logic with 3 games a week, i'd like to see us get a bit more consistency to the side between now and Christmas.

Typed a lengthy response but then lost it, so here is the bullet point version:

- Nolan has bagged a couple of goals in a handful of appearances and is playing better than Judge. Judge tries too hard when off form and can have a detrimental impact on the team. Nolan at least stays busy and doesn't tend to detract.

- Can't see the justification for changing system to play Judge behind a front two and giving him a run of games based on his performances for us so far. If we're saying he's only effective in that position then have to question his value to us.

- Agree we need more consistency. Lambert doesn't know our best system let alone side, worrying we often start three at the back but have to change mid game as not working. We're getting away with it but need to settle on a system and a preferred XI, keep rotation to a minimum with no more than a couple of like for like swaps per game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024