Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So any US trade deal then 10:27 - Nov 27 with 2975 viewsSteve_M

Corbyn claiming he has leaked documents which detail how thew UK intends to accept US demands.

And as a genuine trade expert writes:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So any US trade deal then on 11:17 - Nov 27 with 1330 viewsHerbivore

So any US trade deal then on 11:12 - Nov 27 by DanTheMan

I'm not sure that's entirely true. Sure, some people will do the same for Corbyn but you only need to look at the front pages of the newspaper to see he certainly gets a fair share of criticism. I'd say the same also goes for Swinson.

Maybe that's my own bias though.

Corbyn and Swinson both get more than their fair share of criticism, unsurprisingly the same is not true of Johnson and the Tories: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-british-uk-media

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So any US trade deal then on 11:18 - Nov 27 with 1328 viewsDanTheMan

So any US trade deal then on 11:10 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

I don't have a problem with it, if we can get the same quality of drugs cheaper from the US which saves the NHS money I'm all for it.

We're stuck in a non radical world, Germans, Dutch people seem very very happy with their health service which is very much private/public. I've always felt we should look at all options.

See I always like these kinds of arguments as it comes down entirely to personal preference. You mention Germany and the Netherlands as being good, but so is Norway which is funded in basically the same way as us and has a very good healthcare system.

Unsurprisingly though, all three spend more than we do per person on healthcare.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So any US trade deal then on 11:32 - Nov 27 with 1291 viewsBloomBlue

So any US trade deal then on 11:18 - Nov 27 by DanTheMan

See I always like these kinds of arguments as it comes down entirely to personal preference. You mention Germany and the Netherlands as being good, but so is Norway which is funded in basically the same way as us and has a very good healthcare system.

Unsurprisingly though, all three spend more than we do per person on healthcare.

I'm not saying we shouldn't look at all options, look at the Swiss system probably the best in Europe and fully private. Spain another good example of public service but who spend less per head than the UK. My point is just saying we won't look at any private options I think is a backward view it should be what gives the best service at the cheapest cost.
So any US trade deal then on 11:36 - Nov 27 with 1279 viewsDanTheMan

So any US trade deal then on 11:32 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

I'm not saying we shouldn't look at all options, look at the Swiss system probably the best in Europe and fully private. Spain another good example of public service but who spend less per head than the UK. My point is just saying we won't look at any private options I think is a backward view it should be what gives the best service at the cheapest cost.

But again, you've just pivoted to look at funding models.

Guess what? Switzerland per person pays way more than us for healthcare. They also pay more than Norway who have the same model we do.

A lot of this is coming down to the fact our health service is underfunded.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 11:37]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So any US trade deal then on 11:56 - Nov 27 with 1262 viewsStokieBlue

So any US trade deal then on 11:12 - Nov 27 by DanTheMan

I'm not sure that's entirely true. Sure, some people will do the same for Corbyn but you only need to look at the front pages of the newspaper to see he certainly gets a fair share of criticism. I'd say the same also goes for Swinson.

Maybe that's my own bias though.

Sorry, I actually mean the lies part of your post.

The subject seems irrelevant now as is evidence - see anti-vaxx, flat-earth, everything Trump says etc etc etc.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So any US trade deal then on 12:00 - Nov 27 with 1252 viewsDarth_Koont

We'll get pushed around on climate too.

Pronouns: He/Him

So any US trade deal then on 13:14 - Nov 27 with 1206 viewsBent_double

So any US trade deal then on 11:10 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

I don't have a problem with it, if we can get the same quality of drugs cheaper from the US which saves the NHS money I'm all for it.

We're stuck in a non radical world, Germans, Dutch people seem very very happy with their health service which is very much private/public. I've always felt we should look at all options.

But you've heard Trump and his administration go on about how it isn't fair that Americans are paying more for their drugs than in other parts of the world, and that they want 'to correct' that - ie make others pay more?

There will be no financial benefit to the NHS if the Americans are allowed in, the cost is only going up.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

So any US trade deal then on 13:21 - Nov 27 with 1190 viewsHerbivore

So any US trade deal then on 12:00 - Nov 27 by Darth_Koont

We'll get pushed around on climate too.

This is what happens when you have a climate change denier in the White House. What an utter shambles that we're turning our backs on the EU to climb into bed with this arse-clown.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

So any US trade deal then on 13:21 - Nov 27 with 1190 viewsjeera

So any US trade deal then on 13:14 - Nov 27 by Bent_double

But you've heard Trump and his administration go on about how it isn't fair that Americans are paying more for their drugs than in other parts of the world, and that they want 'to correct' that - ie make others pay more?

There will be no financial benefit to the NHS if the Americans are allowed in, the cost is only going up.

Snippets so far have included demands for the UK to accept US food standards and for them to steadfastly refuse to rethink climate matters.

What makes anyone think they are going to be cute and cuddly when it comes to trying to negotiate any kind of terms whatsoever to further access to our healthcare system?

They already turn their backs on their own people who can't afford to pay.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So any US trade deal then on 13:27 - Nov 27 with 1176 viewsDarth_Koont

So any US trade deal then on 13:21 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

This is what happens when you have a climate change denier in the White House. What an utter shambles that we're turning our backs on the EU to climb into bed with this arse-clown.

True. And this is Congress too so goes much deeper than even Trump's clownery.

Pronouns: He/Him

So any US trade deal then on 18:41 - Nov 27 with 1124 viewsBlueAsTory

So any US trade deal then on 13:27 - Nov 27 by Darth_Koont

True. And this is Congress too so goes much deeper than even Trump's clownery.

How is the court case going in Scotland?
So any US trade deal then on 19:06 - Nov 27 with 1105 viewsLeoMuff

So any US trade deal then on 13:21 - Nov 27 by jeera

Snippets so far have included demands for the UK to accept US food standards and for them to steadfastly refuse to rethink climate matters.

What makes anyone think they are going to be cute and cuddly when it comes to trying to negotiate any kind of terms whatsoever to further access to our healthcare system?

They already turn their backs on their own people who can't afford to pay.

The US are going to totally screw us every which way on a trade deal, we will be desperate to get one and can offer them little, this is lose lose and of course healthcare being opened up is a given, the Donald admitted so, then had to row back after Boris reminded him this will kill me come election time !

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024