Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game on? 21:50 - Dec 11 with 8061 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Game on? on 22:33 - Dec 12 with 271 viewsStokieBlue

Game on? on 22:24 - Dec 12 by BackToRussia

Look, we had a choice of that in Milliband. Why did he not win? Corbyn was elected as a reaction to Milliband's centrism. We'll see who the next leader is.

But Cameron was a harder target than Boris would have been.

JC was elected as a reaction and he's done far, far worse than Milliband. This is a total beating, worst performance in 70 years.

Just depressing to have the Tories with such a massive majority, I'm not having a pop at you, just that I think it could have possibly been different.

Still a small chance Boris might lose his seat.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Game on? on 22:40 - Dec 12 with 235 viewsBackToRussia

Game on? on 22:33 - Dec 12 by StokieBlue

But Cameron was a harder target than Boris would have been.

JC was elected as a reaction and he's done far, far worse than Milliband. This is a total beating, worst performance in 70 years.

Just depressing to have the Tories with such a massive majority, I'm not having a pop at you, just that I think it could have possibly been different.

Still a small chance Boris might lose his seat.

SB

He did better initially. It's important not to just forget that. Milliband also was fighting in the teeth of austerity which was an easier angle. He didn't have to contend with Brexit.

Of course this is a total catastrophe for the left in this country. Despite that, I don't know how much blame you can really pin on Corbyn. His handling of the antisemitism scandal invited trouble, but I can't really point to anything else that means he deserves this result. He was portrayed as a dangerous Marxist in the press despite his actual policies being popular on the ground. Its all but admitted that people would vote for Labour's manifesto more or less as is if someone other than JC had presented it. To me that looks like an incredibly selfish decision. But of course, people will say I'm the one who's selfish in supporting JC.

This country is going to have to unite together to face climate change. Boris isn't the person to do it. We may have 5 more years but we don't have much more than that.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024