Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game on? 21:50 - Dec 11 with 8059 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Game on? on 21:55 - Dec 11 with 3023 viewsHerbivore

Classic tactic to get the vote out I reckon. I think things have closed this past week but nowhere near enough.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Game on? on 22:00 - Dec 11 with 2997 viewsMullet

Game on? on 21:55 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

Classic tactic to get the vote out I reckon. I think things have closed this past week but nowhere near enough.

I was expecting, then hoping for a hung parliament but my faith in people to go out and vote, and do it having seen through the cartel that is currently trying to kill this country is diminishing.

It seems no matter what evidence people see the "yeah but Corbyn" gag reflex isn't going away. From the kid on the hospital floor to Boris' pathetic stunts it all gets ground down in mush and lapped up by too many people.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Game on? on 22:05 - Dec 11 with 2943 viewsjeera

Game on? on 22:00 - Dec 11 by Mullet

I was expecting, then hoping for a hung parliament but my faith in people to go out and vote, and do it having seen through the cartel that is currently trying to kill this country is diminishing.

It seems no matter what evidence people see the "yeah but Corbyn" gag reflex isn't going away. From the kid on the hospital floor to Boris' pathetic stunts it all gets ground down in mush and lapped up by too many people.

"yeah but Corbyn" gag reflex.

This, all day f*cking long, this.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Game on? on 22:10 - Dec 11 with 2918 viewsHerbivore

Game on? on 22:00 - Dec 11 by Mullet

Agree with every word of that. Despite Johnson's campaign being managed ridiculously tightly on the rare occasion he's had to come across as human he's completely failed. Somehow that doesn't matter to people though, the "yeah but Corbyn" automated response would probably be trotted out by 40% of the population if Johnson committed genocide.

Game on? on 22:12 - Dec 11 with 2899 viewsTrequartista

add those two in and it's still a 9-10 point average lead

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Game on? on 22:12 - Dec 11 with 2883 viewsBloomBlue

Game on? on 22:10 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

Agree with every word of that. Despite Johnson's campaign being managed ridiculously tightly on the rare occasion he's had to come across as human he's completely failed. Somehow that doesn't matter to people though, the "yeah but Corbyn" automated response would probably be trotted out by 40% of the population if Johnson committed genocide.

But doesn't that just prove the point if Labour had replaced Corbyn they would definitely be heading for a large majority.
Game on? on 22:13 - Dec 11 with 2873 viewsjeera

Game on? on 22:10 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

Do you know what?

I've had the same argument so many times I can only conclude that these people do know, they just don't care.

The one thing all of this; Brexit, this election, has shown, is that some people are just horrible.

I have lost friends and family members over all of this, and I'm not sorry. I'm glad for the opportunity to see them for what they really are and am grateful that I will never waste another second on any of them.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 22:14]

Game on? on 22:14 - Dec 11 with 2862 viewsMullet

Game on? on 22:12 - Dec 11 by BloomBlue

But doesn't that just prove the point if Labour had replaced Corbyn they would definitely be heading for a large majority.

Quite possibly, but I also think the Tories would have gone with someone else/stayed with May too and this would be a much more centre ground election.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Game on? on 22:15 - Dec 11 with 2856 viewsTrequartista

The problem is that the far-left are dominating the upper echelons of the party, and the grass roots membership. If/when Corbyn steps down, they're not suddenly going to bring back Alistair Campbell, it will be someone with similar beliefs.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 22:16]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Game on? on 22:16 - Dec 11 with 2837 viewsjeera

But in some ways for the wrong reasons still.

Do you not see, this only proves that people will tolerate known sh!t because they are too damn cowardly to take a chance on something else?

They want the 'safest' option for themselves and will not do what's right, in case it affects them.

Game on? on 22:17 - Dec 11 with 2834 viewsjimmyvet

Game on? on 22:13 - Dec 11 by jeera

Do you know what?

I've had the same argument so many times I can only conclude that these people do know, they just don't care.

The one thing all of this; Brexit, this election, has shown, is that some people are just horrible.

I have lost friends and family members over all of this, and I'm not sorry. I'm glad for the opportunity to see them for what they really are and am grateful that I will never waste another second on any of them.

I agree with you the chance to put a disgusting racist in power is so exciting and uplifting I can’t wait and just hope JC gets a majority.
Game on? on 22:17 - Dec 11 with 2834 viewslowhouseblue

but apparently it's all the fault of the people who are repulsed by corbyn rather than the people who put him there. it's the fault of the voters rather than the people who have failed to convince them. very odd.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Game on? on 22:18 - Dec 11 with 2823 viewslowhouseblue

Game on? on 22:13 - Dec 11 by jeera

Do you know what?

jeez. seriously?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Game on? on 22:18 - Dec 11 with 2818 viewsjeera

Game on? on 22:17 - Dec 11 by jimmyvet

I agree with you the chance to put a disgusting racist in power is so exciting and uplifting I can’t wait and just hope JC gets a majority.

There is a disgusting racist in power.

But you want him there.

Game on? on 22:19 - Dec 11 with 2809 viewsjimmyvet

Game on? on 22:18 - Dec 11 by lowhouseblue

jeez. seriously?

I know unbelievable I almost wept when I read that!
Game on? on 22:22 - Dec 11 with 2777 viewsjeera

Game on? on 22:18 - Dec 11 by lowhouseblue

jeez. seriously?

Yes, absolutely.

We have seen every day people coming out of the woodwork and showing their true feelings towards each other. Suits me to know who they really are.

Doesn't it for you then?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 22:23]

Game on? on 22:23 - Dec 11 with 2763 viewsHerbivore

No. The Tory press would do a hatchet job on whoever is Labour leader. They did the same with Milliband.

Game on? on 22:23 - Dec 11 with 2764 viewsjeera

Game on? on 22:19 - Dec 11 by jimmyvet

I know unbelievable I almost wept when I read that!

Yes but you've shown time and again that you don't count.

Game on? on 22:24 - Dec 11 with 2755 viewsjeera

Game on? on 22:17 - Dec 11 by jimmyvet

"Yeah, but Corbyn".

Other options are available.

Game on? on 22:25 - Dec 11 with 2747 viewslowhouseblue

Game on? on 22:22 - Dec 11 by jeera

Yes, absolutely.

We have seen every day people coming out of the woodwork and showing their true feelings towards each other. Suits me to know who they really are.

Doesn't it for you then?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 22:23]

absolutely not. i can disagree with people and still like and respect them. being able to see things from someone else's perspective - even if you would not reach the same conclusion yourself - is a pretty basic form of empathy.

Game on? on 22:27 - Dec 11 with 2721 viewsDarth_Koont

Game on? on 22:25 - Dec 11 by lowhouseblue

absolutely not. i can disagree with people and still like and respect them. being able to see things from someone else's perspective - even if you would not reach the same conclusion yourself - is a pretty basic form of empathy.

Being a disingenuous liar for party political reasons is not a basic form of empathy. It's a lack of empathy.

Pronouns: He/Him

Game on? on 22:27 - Dec 11 with 2714 viewsjeera

Game on? on 22:25 - Dec 11 by lowhouseblue

I can disagree too, nicely.

But when they show no empathy towards others, which I've witnessed many times, I run out of patience.

Why would you want to mix with people with vile views you have no time for?

That makes no sense to me at all.

I think we used to call it a Christmas Card list or something like that.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 22:30]

Game on? on 22:29 - Dec 11 with 2695 viewslowhouseblue

Game on? on 22:27 - Dec 11 by Darth_Koont

Being a disingenuous liar for party political reasons is not a basic form of empathy. It's a lack of empathy.

but yes of course there are exceptions. thanks for reminding me so quickly.

Game on? on 22:30 - Dec 11 with 2672 viewslowhouseblue

Game on? on 22:27 - Dec 11 by jeera

I can disagree too, nicely.

But when they show no empathy towards others, which I've witnessed many times, I run out of patience.

Why would you want to mix with people with vile views you have no time for?

That makes no sense to me at all.

I think we used to call it a Christmas Card list or something like that.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 22:30]

so when you say "I have lost friends and family members over all of this, and I'm not sorry. I'm glad for the opportunity to see them for what they really are and am grateful that I will never waste another second on any of them." it's just you running out of patience?

Game on? on 22:32 - Dec 11 with 2655 viewsFunge

Game on? on 22:30 - Dec 11 by lowhouseblue

so when you say "I have lost friends and family members over all of this, and I'm not sorry. I'm glad for the opportunity to see them for what they really are and am grateful that I will never waste another second on any of them." it's just you running out of patience?

Absolutely not your place to pass comment on this, fool.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024