Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The role of a CM 10:41 - Dec 14 with 1714 viewsBluefish

Read loads from people saying Downes in the successor to Skuse and not Dozzell. People saying Downes should sit and Dozzell have a free role further up the pitch, it amazes me what some people watch. Downes is a box to box midfielder, he can do a little bit of everything. Andre is completely different, he passing intelligence for far above anything else that we have but he is not box to box and he is not a CAM. A CAM is all about little movements and quick touches because of how tight it is in that pocket surrounded by the opposition defence, CDM and midfielders. Dozzell wants to have the open space protected by our midfield and our defence against their less defensive players so that he can find killer passes opposed to quick passes. Dozzell is a pirlo type player not a David Silva or a Countinho.

Some players like to play facing the goal with distance ahead of them, other players like to play in tight areas and some like to play back to the goal. You can't just swap that around and get the best out of players.

When I played the game i played for years at wide right even though I lacked real pace because I could pick a pass and I like the game in front of me. I could play CM and often did but I was often crowded out and didnt get the time on the ball. I moved to forward and adapted to play back to goal but again it didnt get the best from me. Eventually my team went 532 which allowed me to drop deeper and play a free role facing the goal.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 10:45]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The role of a CM on 14:28 - Dec 14 with 287 viewsSwansea_Blue

The role of a CM on 13:01 - Dec 14 by Bluefish

Flynn is not a sitting player and Dozzell is not a 10

I didn’t say he was. I said he’s probably best playing alongside a holding DM (i.e. not a replacement for Skuse), but he can play there if you need him to.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The role of a CM on 15:45 - Dec 14 with 279 viewsBlueBadger

The role of a CM on 13:08 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

I'm surprised Nolan is amongst so many first choice midfields. He started well when coming back from injury but I think he's looked poor of late, albeit I've not seen us away from home where maybe he's played better.

He slows the play a lot less than Judge does.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The role of a CM on 17:17 - Dec 14 with 249 viewsHerbivore

The role of a CM on 15:45 - Dec 14 by BlueBadger

He slows the play a lot less than Judge does.

The ref blowing up slows play down less than Judge, you're damning with faint praise there. I thought Nolan was poor again today, so many poor decisions or poor touches in good areas.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024