Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am trying to be green - really I am 19:50 - Jan 10 with 3806 viewsbluelagos

But it's too cold for my little fingers to be riding a motorbike all winter...I have cracked.

So - need some wheels.

Requirements are:
Weekends away - boot for camping gear. Also for early starts - I'd like something I can (occasionally) lie down / sleep in. So over 5ft 8 with the seats down.

Run around for occasional food shop.

Not overly worried about status / speed (Cos I ride bikes which clearly annihilate anything you could suggest in that regard :-) but nice driving car better than a poor one.

Budget - am tight as - but happy to cough up for something really good. But simply can't bring myself to spend more than 25k on a car - would much rather spend 10k tbh and buy another motorbike.

Ideas of cars to look at appreciated. You can save the mocking for if/when I have finally cracked.

Edited title - from past tense.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 0:57]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I tried to be green - really I did on 13:42 - Jan 11 with 921 viewsjeera

I tried to be green - really I did on 08:45 - Jan 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

I top trump your Mondeo and raise you a Capri.....used to wake with my nose very close to the rear window (being 6'3)

My first car, a Capri.

Loved that motor. Proper car.

Terrible in the wet though, mostly on corners.

*yes, I put weights in the boot.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I am trying to be green - really I am on 13:44 - Jan 11 with 919 viewsbluelagos

I am trying to be green - really I am on 13:36 - Jan 11 by Lord_Lucan

Can’t say I’ve been to Halstead or Braintree but I’ve got a good few friends in Braintree that would know all the old dives.

I used to go to some right old dive in Barkingside and of course Charlie Chans in Walthamstow, that was quite the place. Also Dukes in Chelmsford and TOTS in Southend had their charm!

Like you I am now now an old growling moaner - I hate a pub that has too many people in it, my ideal pub would be completely empty with just me at the bar reading nonsense on TWTD.

Attempted to get into TOTS but always got knocked back.

As under 18s we were 5 in a car on borrowed IDs - only needed one to mess up and that was that.

Bouncer - Name?
BL John Smith
Bouncer - Middle name?
BL Errr
Bouncer - On yer bike son

I am trying to be green - really I am on 14:56 - Jan 11 with 903 viewsLord_Lucan

I am trying to be green - really I am on 13:44 - Jan 11 by bluelagos

Attempted to get into TOTS but always got knocked back.

As under 18s we were 5 in a car on borrowed IDs - only needed one to mess up and that was that.

Bouncer - Name?
BL John Smith
Bouncer - Middle name?
BL Errr
Bouncer - On yer bike son

Ha. That same thing happened to me when I first tried to get in Dukes Chelmsford

Bouncer - middle name?
LL - err, I don’t use it.

same repeat conservation while my mate is trying to mouth the name Cameron.

Idiot LL - “Cumberland”

Ended up in some dive that made Chev look like Buckingham Palace.

I was generally quite lucky with getting served though as I was big for my age (I don’t think I have grown any bigger since I was 15. Actually I was drinking in all the pubs in Ipswich from 15. The landlord nearly through a fit in the Coach and Horses when I told him it was my 18th birthday - three years after first setting foot in there.

The only place I would get constantly refused was Dukes (Limmers Tavern) on the Buttermarket but then Mother changed 1965 to 1963 on my NI card which were all hand written back then.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I am trying to be green - really I am on 16:46 - Jan 11 with 872 viewshampstead_blue

All estates:

Volvo V70
Passat
Audi A6
BMW 5 series

Spend around 5k and you can enjoy 'bangernomics'.

If you want to sleep then a decent doss bag as it will get baltic overnight.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I am trying to be green - really I am on 22:41 - Jan 11 with 830 viewsBackToRussia

I am trying to be green - really I am on 10:29 - Jan 11 by Lord_Lucan

Brilliant stuff!

My first car was a Vauxhall Victor and oh man - Have car will travel!

Tartan House - and what was the name of that place in / near Marks Tey?

I saw Roger DeCourcey (sp) and Nookie the Bear there once at a strip night and the birds selected me from the crowd, handcuffed me to the seat, stripped my clothes off and covered me in shaving foam - and then the lights went up and they had a break, the rest of the audience went to get refills of beer and I was left on this bloody seat for 20 minutes not being able to move.

And it was semi legal to drink and drive back then.

Halcyon days!

that is brilliant about being stuck on the chair. Are you sure that actually happened to you and you didn't see that on a sitcom.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I tried to be green - really I did on 23:31 - Jan 11 with 823 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I tried to be green - really I did on 10:12 - Jan 11 by bluelagos

In that case, pm a photo 😁

She's a beauty.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 23:37]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I am trying to be green - really I am on 02:38 - Jan 12 with 796 viewsLord_Lucan

I am trying to be green - really I am on 22:41 - Jan 11 by BackToRussia

that is brilliant about being stuck on the chair. Are you sure that actually happened to you and you didn't see that on a sitcom.

That is definite info R, on my kids life.

You probably don't remember Roger DeCourcey and Nookie Bear but he was a big family type act on TV at the time but his stand up act was shockingly rude. One of my mates I was with had a large nose and as soon as we walked in Roger grabbed the mike (he was still setting up) and said "Feck me what did you have for breakfast, ants?"

Brilliant stuff R, you never get those days back - but at least we had them. Make the most of life and enjoy every minute*****

***** I am in some weird state of reflection at the moment for some reason. I very well maybe cracking up.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 2:46]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I am trying to be green - really I am on 02:41 - Jan 12 with 794 viewsjeera

I am trying to be green - really I am on 02:38 - Jan 12 by Lord_Lucan

You probably don't remember Roger DeCourcey and Nookie Bear but he was a big family type act on TV at the time but his stand up act was shockingly rude. One of my mates I was with had a large nose and as soon as we walked in Roger grabbed the mike (he was still setting up) and said "Feck me what did you have for breakfast, ants?"

Brilliant stuff R, you never get those days back - but at least we had them. Make the most of life and enjoy every minute*****

***** I am in some weird state of reflection at the moment for some reason. I very well maybe cracking up.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

I am trying to be green - really I am on 08:20 - Jan 12 with 743 viewsbluelagos

I am trying to be green - really I am on 02:38 - Jan 12 by Lord_Lucan

Sounds like the sort of thing that went on. I remember one night they got a line of girls and guys up the dancefloor and got them to simulate sex. Next the DJ offers a prize for the first girl to get her guy naked. As she throws the clothes away, he has a mate run off with the winners clothes.

So you end up with a guy, totally naked, full on erection,,running round the nightclub desperately looking for his undies. There was a reason some of us never opted to go on stage!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024