Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emyr Huws 08:58 - Jan 13 with 5011 viewsDubtractor

A month or so back I commented that whilst it was great to see him back playing, he wasn't really offering much to us.

Based on Saturday I'll retract that. So good to see him imposing himself on the game like that. Him and Downes absolutely bossed the midfield. A few have said that Accrington were rubbish, well the reason that happened was because of those 2 being as aggressive as possible off the ball, closing down and winning the ball every time they passed it into midfield.

Edit: I should add that his passing was excellent all game too. Both incisive and quickly executed.

To be back playing in that way, after so many injuries and setbacks, must require huge mental strength. I'm delighted for him, and us!
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 9:12]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hear hear on 15:37 - Jan 13 with 725 viewsDarth_Koont

Hear hear on 15:16 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

That essentially agrees that it would be ridiculous if he changed it.

Don't understand this point that we might get outmuscled - Huws is hardly a feather.

SB

If Huws is fit and he'll benefit from it then of course we should try and keep the same team and partnerships going. But I think there needs to be a little leeway in there with Huws (and Downes part of the equation too).

Huws has been back in the squad from the start of the season but still hasn't played many games consecutively. If we're also going to get Downes through the season then might be right to put in some fresh legs (Dozzell, Bishop or Skuse).

It's a tricky one with 3 games in a week and the Oxford game is the biggest but in principle I wouldn't be against Huws being on the bench if that's managing his fitness better. The issue in previous weeks has been wholesale changes of players and systems.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hear hear on 17:23 - Jan 13 with 682 viewsunstableblue

Hear hear on 15:37 - Jan 13 by Darth_Koont

If Huws is fit and he'll benefit from it then of course we should try and keep the same team and partnerships going. But I think there needs to be a little leeway in there with Huws (and Downes part of the equation too).

Huws has been back in the squad from the start of the season but still hasn't played many games consecutively. If we're also going to get Downes through the season then might be right to put in some fresh legs (Dozzell, Bishop or Skuse).

It's a tricky one with 3 games in a week and the Oxford game is the biggest but in principle I wouldn't be against Huws being on the bench if that's managing his fitness better. The issue in previous weeks has been wholesale changes of players and systems.

Darth - Perhaps Tranmere is the game to rest Huws, as they look poor. But get your point, the last thing we want is Huws to get another injury, he must have put in a shift against Accrington and maybe fatigue. Obviously want him to start to carry on the shape a.

We'll have to repeat the tempo and energy of Saturday to get the 3 points.

We've slipped down the table because we've lacked: the pressing and energy, players have been out of sorts, and the system/shape has not been right, that's down to Lambert (no matter his recent protestations). I know you were saying it was all down to the players, and whilst that's clearly the major factor, technical changes to team style are key as per quote from Garbutt: “We worked on it a lot last week, making sure we were structured in what we were doing and trying to implement that type of thing. I thought we did it quite well, especially in the first half when we were really on the front foot. The two wide centre-backs got involved in the game, so you could say it worked perfectly really.”"

Not sure how both teams passing/shape will fair in what looks like very wet and windy conditions.

You going?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Emyr Huws on 17:33 - Jan 13 with 673 viewsstewartm

Class act and will spearhead our assault on the Championship next season!!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Emyr Huws on 14:57 - Jan 14 with 560 viewsOsborneOneNil

Emyr Huws on 10:20 - Jan 13 by chicoazul

He hasn't been "for years" dont be daft.

Disagree. He has.
Emyr Huws on 15:58 - Jan 14 with 538 viewsjeera

Emyr Huws on 14:57 - Jan 14 by OsborneOneNil

Disagree. He has.

Has not.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Emyr Huws on 16:07 - Jan 14 with 530 viewsOsborneOneNil

Emyr Huws on 15:58 - Jan 14 by jeera

Has not.

Has too.

(This could go on for a bit)
Emyr Huws on 17:28 - Jan 14 with 512 viewsZacak

After about 10 appearances in roughly 2.5 years it was obvious he was going to take time to get anywhere near where he was. The lack of comprehension on here has been quite outstanding at times
Emyr Huws on 18:46 - Jan 14 with 477 viewsjeera

Emyr Huws on 16:07 - Jan 14 by OsborneOneNil

Has too.

(This could go on for a bit)

Not so.

(I'm counting on it).

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024