Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m 13:15 - Jan 14 with 3411 viewsHarry_Palmer

And even that may be too cheap, he could potentially be worth 3 times that in the next couple of years.

Having seen both Wolf and Webster play at Town at similar ages I think the Wolf is going to go on and become a better player.

I don't care what division we are in £3m is an insult and nowhere near market value for an up and coming English ball playing centre back. Tell the blunts to do one.

The player himself might well want to leave but he is under contract and therefore until the valuation is met he should be told categorically that he is going nowhere.

[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 10:02]
I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m on 11:07 - Jan 15 with 600 viewsHerbivore

I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m on 11:06 - Jan 15 by clive_baker

There's a wonderful irony that the poster that's sarcastically addressed someone else as both a 'flower' and a 'petal' only this morning is down-voting someone else based on 'tone'. You couldn't make it up.

Bore off, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m on 11:09 - Jan 15 with 594 viewsclive_baker

I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m on 11:07 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Bore off, mate.

Guess that's another example of the right 'tone' you're so keen on?

And I'm not your mate.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m on 11:11 - Jan 15 with 590 viewsHerbivore

I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m on 11:09 - Jan 15 by clive_baker

Guess that's another example of the right 'tone' you're so keen on?

And I'm not your mate.

You sure aren't.

I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m on 11:14 - Jan 15 with 578 viewshaynes_toe1

Lambert can talk big all he likes but anything £5m + and he's gone. And that would be a good fee for a currently good League One player.
I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m on 11:21 - Jan 15 with 567 viewsHarry_Palmer

I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m on 10:59 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Not that I have to explain myself to you, but the down vote is for your tone and for drawing some rather odd conclusions around people being resigned to him going. Most saw it as what it is, speculation. Most can also see that £3m is closer to his market value than £8m, despite what Lambert said last night. I don't think we'll sell but there's a while left in the window as yet so we'll see. If he does go I expect something between £4m and £5m up front with add ons and a sell on would be the kind of fee we'd be looking at. Hoping it doesn't happen though as I'm a big fan of Woolfy.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 11:02]

Read the thread back, there is more than one poster who seemed resigned to him leaving for around the 3-4m mark in this window.

As for tone, some might conclude that "Think you're living in a dream world, friend" is a tad patronising, but then tone is notoriously difficult to detect in the written word so I would not personally resort to childish down votes as a response, but each to their own I guess.
I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m on 13:46 - Jan 15 with 528 viewsflimflam

I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m on 11:11 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

You sure aren't.

You are so grouchy lately. Everything OK?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m on 13:49 - Jan 15 with 519 viewsHerbivore

I wouldn't sell Woolfenden for a penny under £8m on 13:46 - Jan 15 by flimflam

You are so grouchy lately. Everything OK?

Yeah, fine thanks. Yourself?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024