Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March 11:05 - Jan 22 with 1732 viewsSteve_M

GWR have got a really cheap ticket offer on at the moment, £12 each way from Paddington on some trains.

https://www.gwr.com/

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 11:33 - Jan 22 with 1665 viewsSitfcB

Was thinking of getting the train but surprise surprise it’s bus replacement from Ingatestone to Newbury Park.

It’s not, ‘that’, bad but just cba with it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 11:42 - Jan 22 with 1639 viewsSteve_M

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 11:33 - Jan 22 by SitfcB

Was thinking of getting the train but surprise surprise it’s bus replacement from Ingatestone to Newbury Park.

It’s not, ‘that’, bad but just cba with it.

Yes, we've got that tedium for virtually every remaining Saturday home match. The slow crawl into Newbury Park on a Saturday night to get home too late to really go out is so enjoyable....

It's only 1.5 hours to Bristol from London so should be a good one to do by train from Ipswich too.

Just clocked that on 12:18 - Jan 22 with 1574 viewsDyland

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 11:42 - Jan 22 by Steve_M

Yes, we've got that tedium for virtually every remaining Saturday home match. The slow crawl into Newbury Park on a Saturday night to get home too late to really go out is so enjoyable....

It's only 1.5 hours to Bristol from London so should be a good one to do by train from Ipswich too.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 12:29 - Jan 22 with 1538 viewsEssen_blue

National express bus from Oxford only £5.00 With Train back £10.00
For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 13:44 - Jan 22 with 1412 viewsMaySixth

Any idea on the train times?
Everything seems to be £40

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 14:01 - Jan 22 with 1390 viewsSteve_M

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 13:44 - Jan 22 by MaySixth

Any idea on the train times?
Everything seems to be £40

10:59 from Paddington and 17:59 from Temple Meads are both £12.

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 19:02 - Jan 22 with 1278 viewsPendejo

cough cough

Train ticket for Brizzle purchased by Pendejo 15 Jan 2020 21:36
£24 Paddington to BTM

Hope I can get a match ticket, it is still Eastville isn't it?

One of my top 10 away days. Jan 85 FA Cup. 2-1win Dozzy and Brennan.. I think
First mini bus away day

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 00:13 - Jan 23 with 1159 viewsbournemouthblue

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 11:42 - Jan 22 by Steve_M

According to my maths, that means the Brizzle train averages about 20 miles an hour more than our sorry trains on our line, let alone our rail replacement equivalents

Dwell times at stations and number of stops probably mean that they are travelling even more than 20 miles an hour faster than our trains

We do deserve better, I believe our line actually pays more into the system than it gets out?

We subsidise services on other lines around the country, whilst we continue to get stitched up

[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 0:14]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 00:18 - Jan 23 with 1150 viewstractordownsouth

Am I likely to get tickets on general sale? My Christmas present from my girlfriend was that she's going to buy us tickets to the game so hope we can actually get them... It's the only game that's close to Cardiff too.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 01:10 - Jan 23 with 1143 viewslinhdi

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 00:13 - Jan 23 by bournemouthblue

According to my maths, that means the Brizzle train averages about 20 miles an hour more than our sorry trains on our line, let alone our rail replacement equivalents

Dwell times at stations and number of stops probably mean that they are travelling even more than 20 miles an hour faster than our trains

We do deserve better, I believe our line actually pays more into the system than it gets out?

We subsidise services on other lines around the country, whilst we continue to get stitched up

[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 0:14]

I was on one of our new trains today. It was quiet, smooth, and it was great to be able to walk through the train without having to open doors.

But.

The seats were horribly uncomfortable, hard, upright and no lumbar support. I was quite excited to be on a new train, but, oh, yuk. The good aspect of the seats is that they seem to be designed to stop drunks from falling asleep.

And the carriages share a design flaw with the Virgin Pendolinos - the heat comes from the floor-level heaters under the window, so the window seats are horribly hot; the cooling comes from the ceiling so the aisle seats are quite chilly.
For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 07:34 - Jan 24 with 920 viewsKeaneish

For anyone going to Bristol Rovers in March on 14:01 - Jan 22 by Steve_M

10:59 from Paddington and 17:59 from Temple Meads are both £12.

Thanks Steve. Much appreciated. It’s an expensive line that one and I’ve forked our a lot to GWR over the years so I’m happy to take any saving I can.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024