Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So that veterans railcard.... 18:15 - Jan 22 with 4495 viewsnoggin

The one that the tories announced before the election... It'll cost 30 quid a year. Not really the gift it was made out to be is it?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

So that veterans railcard.... on 12:55 - Jan 23 with 461 viewsVaughan8

So that veterans railcard.... on 12:23 - Jan 23 by monytowbray

Not everyone who is anti-Tory is pro-Labour. You don't have to vote Labour to have a heart and human decency. Unfortunately those two words cannot be applied to anyone who votes Tory. There's no amount of good in the world you can do to offset allowing that sh1tshow to dictate the lives of some of the most vulnerable and in-need in this country.

You're picking up one word I said. Maybe I should have said anti-tory then. I apologise.

You make a sweeping statement like this "Unfortunately those two words cannot be applied to anyone who votes Tory". So everyone who didn't vote Tory are great? What about those who don't have a preference and vote to who they think is best (which surely we all do?). I bet there is someone who voted tory who has "a heart and human decency". You do realise it isn't all just the bankers who voted Tory yeah?

Anyway, lets get back onto the actual the point of the thread which was started to have a go at the government, when it is exactly what they said.
So that veterans railcard.... on 12:58 - Jan 23 with 448 viewsmonytowbray

So that veterans railcard.... on 12:55 - Jan 23 by Vaughan8

You're picking up one word I said. Maybe I should have said anti-tory then. I apologise.

You make a sweeping statement like this "Unfortunately those two words cannot be applied to anyone who votes Tory". So everyone who didn't vote Tory are great? What about those who don't have a preference and vote to who they think is best (which surely we all do?). I bet there is someone who voted tory who has "a heart and human decency". You do realise it isn't all just the bankers who voted Tory yeah?

Anyway, lets get back onto the actual the point of the thread which was started to have a go at the government, when it is exactly what they said.

I think anyone who voted Tory in that case really needs to have a think about what they voted for.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

So that veterans railcard.... on 13:17 - Jan 23 with 425 viewsElephantintheRoom

A staggeringly high percentage of ex forces personnel are getting free accommodation too. But you won't hear a peep from any politician about this long-standing scandal.... which is slightly more breathtaking than a £30 railcard

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/one-in-10-prisoners-is-a-former-sold

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So that veterans railcard.... on 14:02 - Jan 23 with 393 viewsmonytowbray

So that veterans railcard.... on 13:17 - Jan 23 by ElephantintheRoom

A staggeringly high percentage of ex forces personnel are getting free accommodation too. But you won't hear a peep from any politician about this long-standing scandal.... which is slightly more breathtaking than a £30 railcard

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/one-in-10-prisoners-is-a-former-sold

I’d be interested to know what the offences are. Serving doesn’t automatically make you a good person, a couple of “mates” I grew up with joined because they love violence and could get a medal/salary for it rather than going to jail for murder/manslaughter.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

So that veterans railcard.... on 15:23 - Jan 23 with 370 viewshampstead_blue

So that veterans railcard.... on 13:17 - Jan 23 by ElephantintheRoom

Lot of work going into this problem.

Johnny Mercer and the Office for Veterans affairs is going to, hopefully, wrap all of this up and get to work dealing with it.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024