Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? 11:06 - Feb 3 with 1058 viewsMrTown

I'm not sure Lambert genuinely knows how to implement it?

I'm actually not too sure what, if anything is being coached during the week at the moment but that is a different thread altogether.

I think if we go the Sunderland with the same back 3 that lack so much pace we will get ripped apart again. Any team that is dynamic and creative in attack can easily get in behind Chambers/Wilson/Woolfenden as they play a stupidly high line for the pace they have (as seen first goal - Dembele).

As I have said before, my preferred formation is a 4-2-3-1, the most balanced formation in football imo.

Starting XI has to included our dynamic options :

--------------------------Holy---------------------------
Donacien - Chambers - Woolfenden - Garbutt
------------------Downes - Huws---------------------
-----Edwards------- - Dobra --------- Sears -------
------------------------Norwood ---------------------

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:30 - Feb 3 with 974 viewsitfc_bucks

Interesting front 4.

What you've done here, is drop our leading goal threat (Goals+Assists - Jackson) and the marginally more in form Keane for the marginally more out of form but publicity happy Norwood, a player on the way back from a significant, long-term injury and an untested yoof.

Furthermore, your "holding" midfielders aren't really out-and-out holding midfielders and, while I'm at it, you're playing an attacking left winger at left back.

Well...it'll certainly be exciting!!!
Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:38 - Feb 3 with 964 viewsTractorCam

We just had a month of solid football under this formation and we lose a couple and now we have to change. I bet you were moaning about the rotation weren't you?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:42 - Feb 3 with 947 viewsStokieBlue

Ridiculous that you don't have Jackson in there although not surprising given your other ridiculous posts about Jackson.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:42 - Feb 3 with 945 viewsHerbivore

Edwards playing off the main forward rather than Jackson? Dear oh dear.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:44 - Feb 3 with 942 viewsStNeotsBlue

Edwards is suspended for the next 2 games.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 13:46]
Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:45 - Feb 3 with 942 viewsThe_Realist_09

I think we're pretty much forced too without Garbutt and Edwards. The wing backs are key to that formation being effective and Kenlock and Donacien are not up to playing in that position. My worry is our lack of wide players to play a different formation.

I think our upturn in form came just at the wrong time in terms of getting Evans to do anything in the January window, which leaves us short of an edge to get into the top two. Unless a couple hit real form now, which is definitely possible, coupled with the strange results this league can throw up, I fear the playoffs.
Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:46 - Feb 3 with 934 viewsMrTown

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:42 - Feb 3 by StokieBlue

Ridiculous that you don't have Jackson in there although not surprising given your other ridiculous posts about Jackson.

SB

His ability is shocking. It is ridiculous in my opinion that no one else sees that.

MT
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 13:46]

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:48 - Feb 3 with 909 viewsMrTown

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:38 - Feb 3 by TractorCam

We just had a month of solid football under this formation and we lose a couple and now we have to change. I bet you were moaning about the rotation weren't you?

I think most were moaning about rotation.

We'll see, I'll pull this thread back up after Sunderland.

Login to get fewer ads

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:50 - Feb 3 with 892 viewsTractorCam

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:48 - Feb 3 by MrTown

I think most were moaning about rotation.

We'll see, I'll pull this thread back up after Sunderland.

Yes we all were, because the formation was constantly changing. We just had a load of good performances with this, let's not start this again.

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:52 - Feb 3 with 887 viewsMrTown

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 13:30 - Feb 3 by itfc_bucks

Interesting front 4.

What you've done here, is drop our leading goal threat (Goals+Assists - Jackson) and the marginally more in form Keane for the marginally more out of form but publicity happy Norwood, a player on the way back from a significant, long-term injury and an untested yoof.

Furthermore, your "holding" midfielders aren't really out-and-out holding midfielders and, while I'm at it, you're playing an attacking left winger at left back.

Well...it'll certainly be exciting!!!

I don't think Jackson for Norwood is a down grade, especially not on the basis of the last 2 games.

I would suggest Downes and Huws are probably our best 2 holding midfielders.

Let's take Garbutt out and put Kenlock in then shall we

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 14:13 - Feb 3 with 845 viewscatch74

I think you just have to be a little careful how you post, it’s so easy after the event to feel like you have a better idea of what needs to doing, who plays well etc than Lambert.
The problem comes when you can’t really decide yourself.
From 25th Jan:

Really enjoyable game to watch first and foremost. Really think this system is something we can settle and build a full squad around in the coming years, very much in the Sheffield United mould of things.

Keep posting, keep passionate, get a lower horse.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 14:16 - Feb 3 with 839 viewsHerbivore

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 14:13 - Feb 3 by catch74

I think you just have to be a little careful how you post, it’s so easy after the event to feel like you have a better idea of what needs to doing, who plays well etc than Lambert.
From 25th Jan:

Really enjoyable game to watch first and foremost. Really think this system is something we can settle and build a full squad around in the coming years, very much in the Sheffield United mould of things.

These fans are so fickle.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 17:36 - Feb 3 with 764 viewsTractorCam

Time to move away from the 3-5-2 for good? on 14:13 - Feb 3 by catch74

From 25th Jan:

That nicely answers my point too. A week ago the formation was golden, now it needs scrapping after 2 losses!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024