Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious question for the Evans outers 14:29 - Feb 10 with 13187 viewsBlueNomad

For those of you who shout about Evans getting "out of OUR club" I have a question.

He is an immensely wealthy man. Imagine for a moment that he decided to take your advice, write off the £100m+ debt and just went. After all, some of you claim he doesn't care. His life wouldn't really change much. What would be left of OUR club?
Serious question for the Evans outers on 13:44 - Feb 11 with 575 viewsOxford_Blue

Serious question for the Evans outers on 13:20 - Feb 11 by badadski

The debt has already been written off, it was within the terms that if Evans ever sold on the club that it would be without the debt which he took on him self.

However as owner of the club he is allowed to recoup as much of his losses so selling all of our prized youngsters or a fire sale on any high paid experienced players would be the mostly likely way of doing this.

As Mick said, be careful what you wish for, I'm not condoning Evans but although he is has not splashing out on big players he is keeping with what he was saying and keeping the vultures away from our prized youth.

He is trying to build around it which is what we all wanted. Not a quick fix but again its what we wanted.

Don’t think that can be right because it’s widely reported that Evans has made a condition of the sale the debt being paid off. Even if the debt itself didn’t need to be paid off, Evans would just increase the asking price by the same amount so it’s the same end result.

I hope you’re right. But the kind of person who can afford to write off £6m a year of cash (at least) is quite rare.
Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:26 - Feb 11 with 553 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Serious question for the Evans outers on 12:42 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

i think that definitely underplays Lee O'Neill's role here, he's very much in a position of authority, he certainly isn't Lambert's assistant in any way shape or form

The post I was replying to was saying we needed a football man at the top of the club, we effectively have one - appointing someone else there won';t make a difference, it's to do with their role, not who it is.

Help me out then. What changes has LON initiated that have brought, or will bring about, a positive change at the club?
Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:32 - Feb 11 with 543 viewsitfcjoe

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:26 - Feb 11 by FrankfurtBlue

Help me out then. What changes has LON initiated that have brought, or will bring about, a positive change at the club?

He has brought the Community Trust back.

He was the one who was the key man to get the James Norwood deal done, from what I hear.

He basically runs the club for Evans who is never here, there is loads more that he does - your view of his role isn't correct and there is very much a 3 man leadership team at the club with him, Lambert and Evans, but he is the one who is closest to Evans and his man on the ground

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:47 - Feb 11 with 525 viewsRadlett_blue

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:32 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

He was the one who was the key man to get the James Norwood deal done, from what I hear.

He basically runs the club for Evans who is never here, there is loads more that he does - your view of his role isn't correct and there is very much a 3 man leadership team at the club with him, Lambert and Evans, but he is the one who is closest to Evans and his man on the ground

And at least he's a "football man", unlike his predecessors Milne & Clegg.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:58 - Feb 11 with 509 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:32 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

Could you explain to me what my view of his role is?
Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:00 - Feb 11 with 504 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:47 - Feb 11 by Radlett_blue

And at least he's a "football man", unlike his predecessors Milne & Clegg.

Unlike Milne and Clegg......damning with faint praise indeed!
Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:04 - Feb 11 with 497 viewsRadlett_blue

Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:00 - Feb 11 by FrankfurtBlue

Unlike Milne and Clegg......damning with faint praise indeed!

Rather like claiming Jewell was a better manager than Keane.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:07 - Feb 11 with 495 viewsitfcjoe

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:58 - Feb 11 by FrankfurtBlue

Could you explain to me what my view of his role is?

"O'Neill works under Lambert and Evans, as some sort of assistant...........He essentially does what Lambert and Evans ask of him."

Login to get fewer ads

Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:11 - Feb 11 with 484 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:07 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

"O'Neill works under Lambert and Evans, as some sort of assistant...........He essentially does what Lambert and Evans ask of him."

Would it be better for you if I stated that he is there to help Lambert?
Serious question for the Evans outers on 16:30 - Feb 11 with 431 viewsitfcjoe

Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:11 - Feb 11 by FrankfurtBlue

Would it be better for you if I stated that he is there to help Lambert?

Everyone is there to help each other, but O'Neill is not Lambert's assistant in any way in reality

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024