Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone banging on about Evans 21:53 - Feb 11 with 7297 viewsNazemariner

Whatever your viewpoint, you do know that he doesn't pick the team, decide on tactics,or take training sessions.

Constantly blaming the owner for poor performances is extremely naive.
Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:52 - Feb 12 with 737 viewsPlums

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:49 - Feb 12 by Chrisd

That 'talented' squad that struggled again last night? Hence, not against one of the better sides this time, you can't use that excuse. Perhaps, the majority of these players have found their level and this is it?

No, I don’t buy that. It’s the low risk selection policy and way the team is set up. He put five defenders out last night whilst the midfield talent sat on the bench. There is plenty of talent there, it’s not being used.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:58 - Feb 12 with 717 viewsChrisd

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:52 - Feb 12 by Plums

No, I don’t buy that. It’s the low risk selection policy and way the team is set up. He put five defenders out last night whilst the midfield talent sat on the bench. There is plenty of talent there, it’s not being used.

They have been used throughout the season, at different times, and here we are. They've shown consistently they aren't good enough and we aren't good enough as a collective unit either. We've made a couple of additions to the squad that finished bottom of the Championship why, oh why would we suddenly blow this league away? Rotherham United made 11 changes to their squad from last season and that probably explains their slow start to this campaign. I'm certainly not suggesting PL is exempt from criticism or blame, but the players aren't either and we keep making excuses for them. It's about time they held their hands up too! It's just not good enough all round.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 8:00]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 08:36 - Feb 12 with 685 viewsdaisyisabaddog

The owner of a football club has 2 main jobs.

Ensure the cub is properly financed
Appoint a competent football manager

The Balance Sheet suggests that Evans has kept his side of the finance bargain. Where he has gone hopelessly wrong is his managerial appointments. The only one who was any good at his job was MM and yet he wasn't given financial backing. And a lot of the fans didn't like him. Yes, the football wasn't pretty but I doubt we would have been relegated with him in charge.
The problem we have now is finding someone to replace Lambert who will be any better. The number of people who can manage a football team successfully are few and far between and the ones that can do it are unlikely to want to come here. We may see ITFC as a big club with a great history but if you go outside Suffolk no one is interested in what happened 40 years ago. Any decent manager will look at a small club in terminal decline and say no thanks.
The thing that concerns me is whether we will have a club in 5 years time. Does anyone with genuine financial knowledge know if Evans will get tax relief on the loan write off if he liquidates the club?
Everyone banging on about Evans on 09:06 - Feb 12 with 668 viewsitfcjoe

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:58 - Feb 12 by Chrisd

They have been used throughout the season, at different times, and here we are. They've shown consistently they aren't good enough and we aren't good enough as a collective unit either. We've made a couple of additions to the squad that finished bottom of the Championship why, oh why would we suddenly blow this league away? Rotherham United made 11 changes to their squad from last season and that probably explains their slow start to this campaign. I'm certainly not suggesting PL is exempt from criticism or blame, but the players aren't either and we keep making excuses for them. It's about time they held their hands up too! It's just not good enough all round.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 8:00]

We had Jordan Roberts here, not even good enough to get close to the bench let alone on it - goes to Gillingham and starts every game for them and they've picked up more points than us since then.

This is what people mean when say the squad is good enough but manager can't get a tune out of us - would anyone have selected Roberts over Norwood, Jackson or Keane? No. But yet he's now contributing to a team that is ourperforming us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 09:12 - Feb 12 with 663 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This one isn’t particularly difficult

Since Evans took over Ipswich have gone from being a top half Championship club with aspirations of promotion, to a top half League One club with those same aspirations. He’s the common denominator in that spell and ultimately on his watch - and I would suggest the demise can be linked to Evans being either unable or unwilling to fund us to the level of our competitors, compounded by the failure to implement any real football structure and a number of poor football decisions. I don’t believe he’s an evil owner as some may claim, but he’s certainly not a good one

However, the club is still plenty strong enough to compete in League One, and you’re absolutely right that Evans didn’t pick a back 5 with a sitting midfielder last night. 3 wins in 20 at League One level is appalling - and the buck for that sits squarely with Lambert

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 09:16 - Feb 12 with 651 viewsstevieg

Why not bring in someone with experience to head up the Club. I’ve just heard Simon Jordan say he would like to run another Club. His experience and knowledge could be just what we need
Everyone banging on about Evans on 09:32 - Feb 12 with 634 viewsChrisd

Everyone banging on about Evans on 09:06 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

We had Jordan Roberts here, not even good enough to get close to the bench let alone on it - goes to Gillingham and starts every game for them and they've picked up more points than us since then.

This is what people mean when say the squad is good enough but manager can't get a tune out of us - would anyone have selected Roberts over Norwood, Jackson or Keane? No. But yet he's now contributing to a team that is ourperforming us

Sorry Joe, I normally agree with you but not on this occasion. We've got too many players where our own inflated expectations are beyond their capabilities. Roberts is a good example,I'd liked to have seen him play out wide as I feel for all his hard work he'd have done well for us in a wide role (4-3-3), but he was never given that opportunity, but you also have to remember he's still only been at Gillingham for a short space of time. Lets see come the end of the season, the novelty might have worn off by then. Genuinely, how many of our players are good enough for the Championship? Be honest with yourself. Personally, I'd have a huge clear out of our squad and start again next season. PL is as much to blame, as I've said before but stop thinking the players aren't exempt from criticism, they need to hold their hands up too, but I think they're showing us exactly what they are - top 10 L1 players.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 9:36]

Everyone banging on about Evans on 09:53 - Feb 12 with 612 viewsitfcjoe

Everyone banging on about Evans on 09:32 - Feb 12 by Chrisd

Sorry Joe, I normally agree with you but not on this occasion. We've got too many players where our own inflated expectations are beyond their capabilities. Roberts is a good example,I'd liked to have seen him play out wide as I feel for all his hard work he'd have done well for us in a wide role (4-3-3), but he was never given that opportunity, but you also have to remember he's still only been at Gillingham for a short space of time. Lets see come the end of the season, the novelty might have worn off by then. Genuinely, how many of our players are good enough for the Championship? Be honest with yourself. Personally, I'd have a huge clear out of our squad and start again next season. PL is as much to blame, as I've said before but stop thinking the players aren't exempt from criticism, they need to hold their hands up too, but I think they're showing us exactly what they are - top 10 L1 players.

I think if you look through the squad and compare to others in the division there is enough quality there to be right at the very top of this league - but we can't get anything going

The players have to take their share of the blame - but ultimately if we need a rebuild does anyone think Lambert is the man to do it? And if Lambert isn't the one to do it then we need a fresh pair of eyes to see if they can get everything out of this club.

I noted a few weeks back, Accrington possibly, Lambert looked back to his old self on the touchline - like a jack in the box or a coiled spring, kicking every ball and not letting standards slip - he was like that when he was first appointed but from what i could see of him last night he looked almost disinterested.

Does he lack motivation, and if so why? He had it a few weeks back but it seems to have gone again

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone banging on about Evans on 09:56 - Feb 12 with 605 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Everyone banging on about Evans on 09:32 - Feb 12 by Chrisd

The answer to your question is that Wolfenden is the only top 6 Championship player we have. Downes is middle/lower half Championship. The rest of them are mid ranking League 1 players
Everyone banging on about Evans on 10:05 - Feb 12 with 583 viewsChrisd

Everyone banging on about Evans on 09:53 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

I think if you look through the squad and compare to others in the division there is enough quality there to be right at the very top of this league - but we can't get anything going

The players have to take their share of the blame - but ultimately if we need a rebuild does anyone think Lambert is the man to do it? And if Lambert isn't the one to do it then we need a fresh pair of eyes to see if they can get everything out of this club.

I noted a few weeks back, Accrington possibly, Lambert looked back to his old self on the touchline - like a jack in the box or a coiled spring, kicking every ball and not letting standards slip - he was like that when he was first appointed but from what i could see of him last night he looked almost disinterested.

Does he lack motivation, and if so why? He had it a few weeks back but it seems to have gone again

I don't think he is Joe. For all his bravado of playing and winning an ECL final with Dortmund, I just think he's clueless in stopping this Titanic of a club from sinking.

Everyone banging on about Evans on 10:13 - Feb 12 with 564 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Everyone banging on about Evans on 10:05 - Feb 12 by Chrisd

I don't think he is Joe. For all his bravado of playing and winning an ECL final with Dortmund, I just think he's clueless in stopping this Titanic of a club from sinking.

We are not a Titanic. Liverpool, Manchester United and Co are Titanics. We are now a small tug boat and the fact we are going to sink won't make much in the way of news. This club will not move forward unless we stop looking backwards and start looking forwards
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024