Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight 12:57 - Feb 17 with 7103 viewsSteve_M

Looks like it will be worth watching.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000fjqk

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 13:58 - Feb 17 with 4508 viewsDarth_Koont

Sounds very interesting.

I've never understood the need to believe in this conspiracy theory or where it comes from. It's a particularly callous way of trying to make reality fit one's worldview. Moon landings? Flat earth? Fine. But you'd have thought that people would draw a line or be wary of indulging in conspiracy theories of traumatic events like the Holocaust, 9/11 and Sandy Hook.

Never mind their inability to explore evidence rationally, they seem to lack empathy and basic human decency to be able to push their views over this.

Pronouns: He/Him

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:11 - Feb 17 with 4482 viewsHARRY10

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 13:58 - Feb 17 by Darth_Koont

Sounds very interesting.

I've never understood the need to believe in this conspiracy theory or where it comes from. It's a particularly callous way of trying to make reality fit one's worldview. Moon landings? Flat earth? Fine. But you'd have thought that people would draw a line or be wary of indulging in conspiracy theories of traumatic events like the Holocaust, 9/11 and Sandy Hook.

Never mind their inability to explore evidence rationally, they seem to lack empathy and basic human decency to be able to push their views over this.

I think it is part of an attempt to distract by repeating the biggest lie.

After all, if there is doubt about this then what elae have the evil govenment. lily livered bedwetting liberal metropolitan. sneering elites been lying about ?

Try reading up or listening to those in France who fought with the Germans or were part of the infamous Milice. And you will hear the same arguments echo down the decades. Whereby they conjure up this supposed external threat and will talk about it as a way to defend their actions. If they had not help to round up French resistance and execute them France would now be a communist state.

It will take a strong stomach to watch tonight. Not just the footage and the understanding of the horrors that were inflicted on so many supposed 'untermenschen' but the knwledge that there is still among us that ignorance that would carry out such horrors.
TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:20 - Feb 17 with 4459 viewsDarth_Koont

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:11 - Feb 17 by HARRY10

I think it is part of an attempt to distract by repeating the biggest lie.

After all, if there is doubt about this then what elae have the evil govenment. lily livered bedwetting liberal metropolitan. sneering elites been lying about ?

Try reading up or listening to those in France who fought with the Germans or were part of the infamous Milice. And you will hear the same arguments echo down the decades. Whereby they conjure up this supposed external threat and will talk about it as a way to defend their actions. If they had not help to round up French resistance and execute them France would now be a communist state.

It will take a strong stomach to watch tonight. Not just the footage and the understanding of the horrors that were inflicted on so many supposed 'untermenschen' but the knwledge that there is still among us that ignorance that would carry out such horrors.

You're probably right. What better and more shocking way to attack and disrupt the majority view than to challenge the most sacred and serious events in world history?

It's historically illiterate but still more worried about their emotional illiteracy and what that could lead to.

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:27 - Feb 17 with 4430 viewsHARRY10

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:20 - Feb 17 by Darth_Koont

You're probably right. What better and more shocking way to attack and disrupt the majority view than to challenge the most sacred and serious events in world history?

It's historically illiterate but still more worried about their emotional illiteracy and what that could lead to.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie.

It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” Joseph Goebbels

How much of that have we seen here over the past four years ?

Take a look across the Atlantic where some of the most blatant lies are not only believed but routinely repeated regularly by voters
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 14:28]
TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:33 - Feb 17 with 4417 viewsmonytowbray

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:27 - Feb 17 by HARRY10

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie.

It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” Joseph Goebbels

Take a look across the Atlantic where some of the most blatant lies are not only believed but routinely repeated regularly by voters

Yeah but there’s no need to use the word “fascist” because they don’t tick all the boxes yet or something.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:35 - Feb 17 with 4420 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve encountered a flat earther who told be the death toll in the holocaust “didn’t add up” which was quite something.

TWTD never forgets…

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:37 - Feb 17 with 4407 viewsHARRY10

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:33 - Feb 17 by monytowbray

Yeah but there’s no need to use the word “fascist” because they don’t tick all the boxes yet or something.

eh ?
TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:40 - Feb 17 with 4389 viewsmonytowbray

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:37 - Feb 17 by HARRY10

eh ?

Just off the back of common links between current government and Nazi-like tactics which lead to posters here being more upset about using the word “fascist” than the actual issue.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:41 - Feb 17 with 4376 viewsHARRY10

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:40 - Feb 17 by monytowbray

Just off the back of common links between current government and Nazi-like tactics which lead to posters here being more upset about using the word “fascist” than the actual issue.

aha, thanks
TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:46 - Feb 17 with 4339 viewsDarth_Koont

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:27 - Feb 17 by HARRY10

Indeed. Repetition of a lie is key too as it tricks our brains into being truer and more believable over time.

Trump and our fiercest pro-Leavers have lived by that rule and doubled/tripled/multipled down on their falsehoods and misrepresentations. With the result that their supporters believe them even more. So it's vital to keep pace with the rebuttals and their proof - which is something our either actively Brexiteer or passively Remain UK media has singularly failed to do.

That's all going off on a tangent on Holocaust Denial, but it shows that we're all naturally susceptible to wonky perceptions and need to get in the habit of regularly re-examining what we think and believe. And always basing that on credible, non-partisan facts and sources.

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:51 - Feb 17 with 4338 viewsLord_Lucan

I've been to Auschwitz a couple of times. On one occasion I overheard some bloke ask a guide "What do you think of the holocaust deniers, are you worried about these people"?

He replied "No, not at all, it's the ones that admit it and are proud of it that we worry about"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:56 - Feb 17 with 4318 viewsmonytowbray

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:51 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

I've been to Auschwitz a couple of times. On one occasion I overheard some bloke ask a guide "What do you think of the holocaust deniers, are you worried about these people"?

He replied "No, not at all, it's the ones that admit it and are proud of it that we worry about"

Jesus.

The deniers are just as dangerous IMO as it often feeds into the view that there’s some kind of rich Jewish illuminati controlling the world and it was all made up as propaganda. Sort of like rather than outright saying I HATE PoC saying stuff like IT’S OK TO BE WHITE. Same message, just rebranded to pull more people into their way of thinking as it comes across less offensive. Holocaust denial is just a less edgy out outright way of being an anti-semite.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 14:57]

TWTD never forgets…

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:04 - Feb 17 with 4279 viewsHARRY10

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:46 - Feb 17 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. Repetition of a lie is key too as it tricks our brains into being truer and more believable over time.

Trump and our fiercest pro-Leavers have lived by that rule and doubled/tripled/multipled down on their falsehoods and misrepresentations. With the result that their supporters believe them even more. So it's vital to keep pace with the rebuttals and their proof - which is something our either actively Brexiteer or passively Remain UK media has singularly failed to do.

That's all going off on a tangent on Holocaust Denial, but it shows that we're all naturally susceptible to wonky perceptions and need to get in the habit of regularly re-examining what we think and believe. And always basing that on credible, non-partisan facts and sources.

" it shows that we're all naturally susceptible to wonky perceptions"

I would disagree with that.

My thought is that it starts witth those who, for many varied reasons. have fixed views on things and so will adhere to anything that backs those views, Often in clear contradiction of available evidence.

I don't think the lies themselves actually change those folks minds, they merely act as a way of reassuring these folk that they are right.

It is much like some old maid cheating at a game of patience to win. Who is she really deceiving and how worthy is that win ?

We can see that here on a daily basis. People all too ready ro post up some of the most absurd stuff to defend their position.. The real qusetion is what causes folk to feel the need to do this. Why claim that we can speak to the dead ? Mediums, fortune tellers etc are merely riding on that ignorance not causing it.
TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:10 - Feb 17 with 4258 viewsLord_Lucan

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:56 - Feb 17 by monytowbray

Jesus.

The deniers are just as dangerous IMO as it often feeds into the view that there’s some kind of rich Jewish illuminati controlling the world and it was all made up as propaganda. Sort of like rather than outright saying I HATE PoC saying stuff like IT’S OK TO BE WHITE. Same message, just rebranded to pull more people into their way of thinking as it comes across less offensive. Holocaust denial is just a less edgy out outright way of being an anti-semite.

In the unlikely event I go again I'll be sure to pass your message on.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:22 - Feb 17 with 4218 viewsHARRY10

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 14:56 - Feb 17 by monytowbray

Jesus.

Echoes of 1984 where folk need something to blame all their woes upon.

North Korea has the US.The right has some jewish comnspiravy and brexiteers have some imagined metropolitan elite who are responsible for the failings.

Even churchgoers have the devil, who is behind all wrong doing. Just as Corbyn has been for some on here. Note how posting up stuff about an advisor in number 10 advocating eugenics can be turned into comments on the 'naughtiness' of Corbyn.

When folk start thinking for themselves will will be able to abadson these 'bogeymen' and take responsibility for our qctions.

And given how few pay heed to there being a devil any more then there is the view that as a race humankind can recognise that there is more that we have in common than we do that divides us.

And it comes down to cheating at patience. Who really is the loser ?
TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:28 - Feb 17 with 4206 viewsmonytowbray

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:10 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

In the unlikely event I go again I'll be sure to pass your message on.

You really are incapable of reading any post I make without pre-judgement, aren’t you?

And you say I always want an argument. Please point out what I’ve said to bother you?

TWTD never forgets…

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:38 - Feb 17 with 4181 viewsGaryCooper

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:22 - Feb 17 by HARRY10

Echoes of 1984 where folk need something to blame all their woes upon.

North Korea has the US.The right has some jewish comnspiravy and brexiteers have some imagined metropolitan elite who are responsible for the failings.

Even churchgoers have the devil, who is behind all wrong doing. Just as Corbyn has been for some on here. Note how posting up stuff about an advisor in number 10 advocating eugenics can be turned into comments on the 'naughtiness' of Corbyn.

When folk start thinking for themselves will will be able to abadson these 'bogeymen' and take responsibility for our qctions.

And given how few pay heed to there being a devil any more then there is the view that as a race humankind can recognise that there is more that we have in common than we do that divides us.

And it comes down to cheating at patience. Who really is the loser ?

'Echoes of 1984 where folk need something to blame all their woes upon.'

So who is your bogeyman? Any person who does not share exactly the same political view as you?
TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:45 - Feb 17 with 4169 viewsHARRY10

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:38 - Feb 17 by GaryCooper

'Echoes of 1984 where folk need something to blame all their woes upon.'

So who is your bogeyman? Any person who does not share exactly the same political view as you?

nope

I do not subscribe to the notion that one entity, however stupid, is the one cause
TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:50 - Feb 17 with 4151 viewsLord_Lucan

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:28 - Feb 17 by monytowbray

You really are incapable of reading any post I make without pre-judgement, aren’t you?

And you say I always want an argument. Please point out what I’ve said to bother you?

What are you on about now?

You seemed to take umbrage over the comments of a jewish guide at Auschwitz who arguably is quite the historian and with relations who were dumped there.

And you say I want an argument

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:53 - Feb 17 with 4135 viewsDyland

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:50 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

What are you on about now?

You seemed to take umbrage over the comments of a jewish guide at Auschwitz who arguably is quite the historian and with relations who were dumped there.

And you say I want an argument

Maybe he wrote"Jesus" in shock at what you reported, not an admonishment of your post.

You two.... :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 16:01 - Feb 17 with 4105 viewsnoggin

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 13:58 - Feb 17 by Darth_Koont

Sounds very interesting.

With nothing more than gut feeling, I still think there was much more to 9/11 than was reported. I don't know why but I don't think we've been told the truth.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 16:09 - Feb 17 with 4075 viewsLord_Lucan

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 15:53 - Feb 17 by Dyland

Maybe he wrote"Jesus" in shock at what you reported, not an admonishment of your post.

You two.... :)

Oh right.

It came over to me that the old Jewish boys opinion was wrong and cannot be considered worthy.

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 16:09 - Feb 17 with 4068 viewsLord_Lucan

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 16:01 - Feb 17 by noggin

With nothing more than gut feeling, I still think there was much more to 9/11 than was reported. I don't know why but I don't think we've been told the truth.

9/11 is a total stinker!

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 16:12 - Feb 17 with 4065 viewsDyland

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 16:09 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

Oh right.

It came over to me that the old Jewish boys opinion was wrong and cannot be considered worthy.

Pretty sure he didn't mean it like that.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 16:15 - Feb 17 with 4049 viewsDarth_Koont

TV Heads Up: David Baddiel on Holocaust Denial on BBC tonight on 16:01 - Feb 17 by noggin

Undoubtedly. Probably a lot like the JFK assassination whether you think there were other shooters on the grassy knoll or not, the investigation revealed an awful lot of connections and stuff behind the scenes.

But re:9/11 I don't buy the fake planes theories or that there were explosives planted. Put simply, they could have used explosives and blamed terrorists so what was the need for an elaborate plane hijacking and crashing plot?

Did the intelligence services know more about the plot beforehand or was there even some complicity? I think the US's documented actions (and those ops and initiatives that were off the books in the Middle East, Latin America and Southeast Asia) suggests that we can have some degree of scepticism. But without any evidence that's all a bit academic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024