Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fully expecting league one next season now 16:56 - Feb 22 with 984 viewsgroovyASH

We are mediocre and nowhere near as good as some believe we are.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Fully expecting league one next season now on 17:00 - Feb 22 with 921 viewsChrisd

We're exactly that. A huge clear out is needed from our squad and some fresh blood brought in, mixed with our promising youngsters. Still don't think PL is the answer going forwards, but the players are hugely overrated.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Fully expecting league one next season now on 17:04 - Feb 22 with 852 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Fully expecting league one next season now on 17:00 - Feb 22 by Chrisd

We're exactly that. A huge clear out is needed from our squad and some fresh blood brought in, mixed with our promising youngsters. Still don't think PL is the answer going forwards, but the players are hugely overrated.

Sometimes a reset is needed. This level was the perfect opportunity for that with giving players like Dozzell, Bishop, Woolfenden, Downes, Morris and Lankester through.

He has done that well with 2 of them but for whatever reason (injury has played some part for sure) he hasn't been able to with others. It is difficult to get the balance right but we need to get a team playing as a team.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Fully expecting league one next season now on 17:09 - Feb 22 with 780 viewsvapour_trail

I never thought, ahead of the season, that we’d challenge for automatic, thought we might manage play offs, but that mid table was the most likely scenario.

That was based upon the way the club has been run from top to bottom, in every area of the business, over the past decade. Didn’t see any cause for optimism.

I was pleasantly surprised with the first few months.

I’m back where I started now and anticipating a prolonged stay in division three.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Fully expecting league one next season now on 17:16 - Feb 22 with 708 viewsChrisd

Fully expecting league one next season now on 17:04 - Feb 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Sometimes a reset is needed. This level was the perfect opportunity for that with giving players like Dozzell, Bishop, Woolfenden, Downes, Morris and Lankester through.

He has done that well with 2 of them but for whatever reason (injury has played some part for sure) he hasn't been able to with others. It is difficult to get the balance right but we need to get a team playing as a team.

Agree completely. We just don't seem to be building anything under PL. Typically us, we seem to build a foundation on sand. Perhaps it's best for us to stay in L1 and start creating a side. I would love a team of 5 of our younger players starting week in, week out. Can you imagine if this squad got promoted? It would need major surgery just to avoid relegation. I'm not sure PL is the right man to start a rebuild though, that's my next fear. Look at the job he's done this season, it's a shambles. It's just a vicious cycle, but that's ME's ITFC - we're a circus of a football club!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Fully expecting league one next season now on 17:26 - Feb 22 with 646 viewsChurchman

Fully expecting league one next season now on 17:16 - Feb 22 by Chrisd

Agree completely. We just don't seem to be building anything under PL. Typically us, we seem to build a foundation on sand. Perhaps it's best for us to stay in L1 and start creating a side. I would love a team of 5 of our younger players starting week in, week out. Can you imagine if this squad got promoted? It would need major surgery just to avoid relegation. I'm not sure PL is the right man to start a rebuild though, that's my next fear. Look at the job he's done this season, it's a shambles. It's just a vicious cycle, but that's ME's ITFC - we're a circus of a football club!

The club is performing to how you would expect after a decade of Evans. Season after season of decline apart from a blip under McCarthy. Whilst slippery Evans and hapless Lambert are contentedly jogging along, we will have a worse season next year and be relegated within a few years. It’s how this rotten club operates and has done for years. I’m desperately sad and annoyed about it. The club has been taken away from me and this part of the world.

Thank you Mr Evans and thank you Mr Sheepshanks.
Fully expecting league one next season now on 17:29 - Feb 22 with 607 viewshamburger_sv

Fully expecting league one next season now on 17:26 - Feb 22 by Churchman

The club is performing to how you would expect after a decade of Evans. Season after season of decline apart from a blip under McCarthy. Whilst slippery Evans and hapless Lambert are contentedly jogging along, we will have a worse season next year and be relegated within a few years. It’s how this rotten club operates and has done for years. I’m desperately sad and annoyed about it. The club has been taken away from me and this part of the world.

Thank you Mr Evans and thank you Mr Sheepshanks.

Lower mid table next season and a relegation battle the next.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

Fully expecting league one next season now on 17:33 - Feb 22 with 588 viewsJDB23

This season is done, probably has been a while tbh. Doesn't matter if Lambert gets sacked tonight, the damage has already been done and we are a poor team. Where are our goals going to come from over the next 3 games? We struggle even when everyone is available.

Lambert well and truly cocked this up, while we were never a good team this season, if he hadn't of rotated so much we may have just lucked our way into more results like the first 10 games just through momentum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024