Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'You're not Ipswich any more ...' 09:28 - Mar 4 with 1327 viewsurbanblue

Apparently sung by the 88 Fleetwood fans!

Wow ... That's cutting but indicative of where we are now and how other fans are just losing all respect for us.

Sad, sad times indeed!
'You're not Ipswich any more ...' on 09:31 - Mar 4 with 1294 viewsFixed_It

If that happened (can anyone verify?) that truly is a low point.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

'You're not Ipswich any more ...' on 09:36 - Mar 4 with 1231 viewsurbanblue

'You're not Ipswich any more ...' on 09:31 - Mar 4 by Fixed_It

If that happened (can anyone verify?) that truly is a low point.

Heartbreaking... by havinit69 3 Mar 2020 22:42
As I sat there tonight thinking that being an ITFC supporter of 30+ years couldn’t be any worse than right now, my 8 year old son, who has supported ITFC home and away for the last 4 years with me and loves his football turned to me and said ‘Dad, I don’t want to come on Saturday’...

Really did feel like a kick in the nuts, but can I blame him? Anyone who takes their kids will know how sad that is to hear.

Yes it’s been bad recently but tonight was an absolute all time low for me, in a ‘must win’ game PL picks a shocking starting XI and from there on each and every one of them proved that they aren’t fit to wear the shirt. There was nothing! No guts, no passion, no desire, no bravery, no quality and against an awful Fleetwood team that came and did a professional job on us.

All capped off and summed up by 88 Fleetwood fans singing ‘you’re not Ipswich any more’.

Never a truer song sung...

'You're not Ipswich any more ...' on 09:38 - Mar 4 with 1185 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

The majority of the Fleetwood fans were 15-19 and sang 'Ched Evans, he c*ms where he wants'.

I don't think I'd be too concerned about these children having no respect for us to be honest.

There was barely anyone there supporting them over the age of about 30. I assume they had a few local old boys that watched them in their Northern Premier League days and their fan base now is made up largely of newer, younger fans.

They were pretty special.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

'You're not Ipswich any more ...' on 09:44 - Mar 4 with 1116 viewsGirthyguy

'You're not Ipswich any more ...' on 09:38 - Mar 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The majority of the Fleetwood fans were 15-19 and sang 'Ched Evans, he c*ms where he wants'.

I don't think I'd be too concerned about these children having no respect for us to be honest.

There was barely anyone there supporting them over the age of about 30. I assume they had a few local old boys that watched them in their Northern Premier League days and their fan base now is made up largely of newer, younger fans.

Fit in well with a lot of our fans then.
'You're not Ipswich any more ...' on 10:02 - Mar 4 with 1036 viewsITFC_Forever

'You're not Ipswich any more ...' on 09:38 - Mar 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The ones I saw on PR after were older guys who have clearly been on the journey with them.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

'You're not Ipswich any more ...' on 10:05 - Mar 4 with 998 viewsITFC_Forever

'You're not Ipswich any more ...' on 09:36 - Mar 4 by urbanblue

Heartbreaking... by havinit69 3 Mar 2020 22:42
As I sat there tonight thinking that being an ITFC supporter of 30+ years couldn’t be any worse than right now, my 8 year old son, who has supported ITFC home and away for the last 4 years with me and loves his football turned to me and said ‘Dad, I don’t want to come on Saturday’...

Really did feel like a kick in the nuts, but can I blame him? Anyone who takes their kids will know how sad that is to hear.

Yes it’s been bad recently but tonight was an absolute all time low for me, in a ‘must win’ game PL picks a shocking starting XI and from there on each and every one of them proved that they aren’t fit to wear the shirt. There was nothing! No guts, no passion, no desire, no bravery, no quality and against an awful Fleetwood team that came and did a professional job on us.

All capped off and summed up by 88 Fleetwood fans singing ‘you’re not Ipswich any more’.

Never a truer song sung...

Further to that, there's nothing more I would love than for my daughters to want to come to games.

I have taken them to a few over the years (they are 14 and 10), but there is nothing there for them to get excited about and make them want to come back - instead they just laugh at me for wasting my time going.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

'You're not Ipswich any more ...' on 10:06 - Mar 4 with 990 viewsElephantintheRoom

Surely most Town fans realized this 12 years ago when the club became the plaything of an offshore spiv?

I'd be surprised if anyone who has been to Portman Road over the last decade hasn't noticed that it instantly became a very different 'club' to the one they used to support.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024