Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyer 11:50 - Mar 11 with 3609 viewstractorboy1978

Other than sentiment - can someone sell him to me as our next manager?
Dyer on 16:59 - Mar 11 with 497 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Dyer on 16:55 - Mar 11 by Bluearmy71

If he only turns out to have half the talent he had when playing when it comes to being a manager.........OK I know it rarely works that way but "IF" it does we could be in for a treat!

He has invested in the club at some level out of his own pocket

It will be a cheapish appointment but I would like to see him working under a mentor like a George Burley or maybe the much touted Warnock.

He's one of our own and lives and breathes Ipswich Town F.C

And as I spoke of in a thread a few days ago, if we are staying in this division its an ideal place for him to cut his cloth as our manager!

And even if the worst should happen you could never say his heart was never in it!

And lets face it, isn't it everyone's dream to play for then go onto managing the club they love?

Finally....don't be bleedin ridiculous man........you simply can't post about KD becoming manager without sentiment attached!! ;)

The one common theme that McCarthy, Jewell, Keane, Lambert and Hurst all had in common was no sense of feeling for ITFC.

They'd managed clubs before and expected they'd manage clubs again. If they fail here, it's a matter of personal pride but how much does it really bother them?

Dyer and many other ex-Town players would give their everything for this club. That's one massive factor that may at least go in Dyer's favour. They will potentially be much more determined to succeed knowing they'll hurt a lot more if we don't.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Dyer on 17:02 - Mar 11 with 496 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Many years ago Newcastle played away to Coventry. On the way home on the coach Dyer asked Bobby Robson to turn the coach round as he had left his earring in the changing room.

Robson just raised his eyebrows a little and said nothing.

It cost £18k said Dyer. 

Robson turned round and looked out of the window.
Dyer on 17:28 - Mar 11 with 474 viewsCoco

Dyer on 17:02 - Mar 11 by daisyisabaddog

Many years ago Newcastle played away to Coventry. On the way home on the coach Dyer asked Bobby Robson to turn the coach round as he had left his earring in the changing room.

Robson just raised his eyebrows a little and said nothing.

It cost £18k said Dyer. 

Robson turned round and looked out of the window.

You live and learn

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Dyer on 18:03 - Mar 11 with 449 viewsGluedtoBlue

I can't sell Dyer to you but at the time of Hurst being appointed I would have gambled on Scott Parker.

Don't know why but hindsight suggests he wouldn't have done any worse.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Dyer on 18:04 - Mar 11 with 448 views66notout

He may have already had his interview - I saw him driving into the training ground this morning just after 9am. God help us.
Dyer on 22:14 - Mar 11 with 393 viewsTheBoyBlue

I have no idea. Managers with oodles of experience and promotions on their CVs have failed here under Evans. An up and coming manager with a good track record (although I was always keener on Jack Ross than Paul Hurst) has failed here under Evans. Frankly why not, he couldn't do worse than almost all of the managers appointed by Evans.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024