Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three Wise Monkeys.... 16:46 - Mar 18 with 10511 viewsbluebud

...shut down today....all staff fired....what a disgrace.

Byron - alll casual staff paid 5hrs a week...what a disgrace.

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 22:28 - Mar 18 with 977 viewsLord_Lucan

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 22:18 - Mar 18 by monytowbray

See above.

I can put you in touch with these people directly if you have any questions. Right now anyone who will listen and help is appreciated.

But that has got nothing to do with officially closing the pub - which is what you were on about. How does the action of recommending people stay away and actually enforcing it change things?

This is listing a series of conditions that Covoid isn't one.

It may seem unfair and whether there should be a general term for "disease" is a matter that I don't disagree with.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 22:42 - Mar 18 with 950 viewsmonytowbray

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 22:28 - Mar 18 by Lord_Lucan

But that has got nothing to do with officially closing the pub - which is what you were on about. How does the action of recommending people stay away and actually enforcing it change things?

This is listing a series of conditions that Covoid isn't one.

It may seem unfair and whether there should be a general term for "disease" is a matter that I don't disagree with.

http://musicvenuetrust.com/2020/03/an-open-letter-to-boris-johnson-prime-ministe

I’m not sure how much evidence more I need to share before you concede on this one.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 22:55 - Mar 18 with 919 viewsLord_Lucan

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 22:42 - Mar 18 by monytowbray

http://musicvenuetrust.com/2020/03/an-open-letter-to-boris-johnson-prime-ministe

I’m not sure how much evidence more I need to share before you concede on this one.

I was just about to post this

Look here Callis

I'm tired and I want a lay down. I'm happy to pick this up tomorrow.

I'm sure you are an ok guy and I know you have a few anxiety and other issues but can I suggest that you don't do yourself any favours in trying to blame the world all the time?

You put people backs up and they reply, you then work yourself into a tizz and it all goes bandy now and again. Sometimes you should breath and take a step back.

Sometimes you may very well have a good point about something.

At this point in this argument I think you are annoyed that your friends are going through a tough time (we all are) but I think you are misdirecting your anger.

--------------------------------
I've seen your latest post and added this

I appreciate you posting your link and I'll have a look tomorrow purely out of genuine interest. I am not a solicitor so I cannot offer advice, only comment - however the insurance aspect seems to have been put to bed.

The other bits on first glance are something above my level but seem to apply to any other business (I.e mine) I am a tin pot company but still have to get through this somehow.

Maybe Sparks can throw some expertise on this??
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:15]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 23:08 - Mar 18 with 893 viewsmonytowbray

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 22:55 - Mar 18 by Lord_Lucan

I was just about to post this

Look here Callis

I'm tired and I want a lay down. I'm happy to pick this up tomorrow.

I'm sure you are an ok guy and I know you have a few anxiety and other issues but can I suggest that you don't do yourself any favours in trying to blame the world all the time?

You put people backs up and they reply, you then work yourself into a tizz and it all goes bandy now and again. Sometimes you should breath and take a step back.

Sometimes you may very well have a good point about something.

At this point in this argument I think you are annoyed that your friends are going through a tough time (we all are) but I think you are misdirecting your anger.

--------------------------------
I've seen your latest post and added this

I appreciate you posting your link and I'll have a look tomorrow purely out of genuine interest. I am not a solicitor so I cannot offer advice, only comment - however the insurance aspect seems to have been put to bed.

The other bits on first glance are something above my level but seem to apply to any other business (I.e mine) I am a tin pot company but still have to get through this somehow.

Maybe Sparks can throw some expertise on this??
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:15]

Mate I know I’m far from perfect. I’ve always been Marmite, but I live the way I feel best and I take it as it comes.

I think you’re a right bell at times but I do try and make an effort with you as I think for all the disagreements your heart’s in the right place, there’s a lot on here I think the opposite of.

I can be an argumentative f*ck, but I always try and discuss what’s in front of me and address it as well as I can.

I guess what I’m saying is I don’t mind it if you think I’m a c*nt, what you think of me is none of my business. But I can also be civil when spoken to civilly. In fact today I’ve had to make a lot of effort to be civil when on the other side of the screen I’m either sighing or screaming.

I just want to be confident we can come out of this as unscathed as possible and address the inequalities that I see affect pretty much all of us now the curtain is lifted. I’m not out to just slam the Tories or score points, I’m just sharing the information I believe needs to be shared. Some of it may be political but then most things are when it’s all said and done.

Have a good eve, I’m off to binge more Twilight Zone.

TWTD never forgets…

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 08:01 - Mar 19 with 798 viewsOxford_Blue

If a business has no income how can pay its staff? You clearly don’t understand.

The govt backed loans haven’t kicked in and are short term.
Three Wise Monkeys.... on 09:14 - Mar 19 with 771 viewsTIB

Tough times for a lot of industries. I've been relying on the Euros and pop-up events to really kick things on with Away Days this year, even more so as I'm being made redundant from my day job in September, the virus has of course obliterated all those plans. Just got to stick together and get through this as best we can.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 09:24 - Mar 19 with 767 viewsmonytowbray

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 09:14 - Mar 19 by TIB

Tough times for a lot of industries. I've been relying on the Euros and pop-up events to really kick things on with Away Days this year, even more so as I'm being made redundant from my day job in September, the virus has of course obliterated all those plans. Just got to stick together and get through this as best we can.

Can you switch to online? I'm sure eventually there will be a community effort on here (and on a local level) to bitch the big business and support each other.

I think Dollers said it would be nice to return to local industries and keep it that way. I like that idea.

TWTD never forgets…

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 09:26 - Mar 19 with 766 viewsTIB

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 09:24 - Mar 19 by monytowbray

Can you switch to online? I'm sure eventually there will be a community effort on here (and on a local level) to bitch the big business and support each other.

I think Dollers said it would be nice to return to local industries and keep it that way. I like that idea.

There certainly is an aspect of people trying to support the smaller business' which is great. My local have built up a great business but the landlord is renowned for being a bit money hungry...he's come out and given the landlords three months rent free to help with the downturn.

As for Away Days...I have an online retailer, www.beersofeurope.co.uk , just search "Away Days" on there and all eleven beers will come up. That said, quite a few have sold out but I think some Pablo, Golden Goal and Forza are still available.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 9:30]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Login to get fewer ads

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 15:03 - Mar 19 with 715 viewsLord_Lucan

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 23:08 - Mar 18 by monytowbray

Mate I know I’m far from perfect. I’ve always been Marmite, but I live the way I feel best and I take it as it comes.

I think you’re a right bell at times but I do try and make an effort with you as I think for all the disagreements your heart’s in the right place, there’s a lot on here I think the opposite of.

I can be an argumentative f*ck, but I always try and discuss what’s in front of me and address it as well as I can.

I guess what I’m saying is I don’t mind it if you think I’m a c*nt, what you think of me is none of my business. But I can also be civil when spoken to civilly. In fact today I’ve had to make a lot of effort to be civil when on the other side of the screen I’m either sighing or screaming.

I just want to be confident we can come out of this as unscathed as possible and address the inequalities that I see affect pretty much all of us now the curtain is lifted. I’m not out to just slam the Tories or score points, I’m just sharing the information I believe needs to be shared. Some of it may be political but then most things are when it’s all said and done.

Have a good eve, I’m off to binge more Twilight Zone.

From my accountants - you can pass to your friends. Hope it helps.

Insurance concerns
Businesses that have cover for both pandemics and Government-ordered closure should be covered; the Government and insurance industry confirmed on 17 March that advice to avoid pubs, theatres etc. is sufficient to make a claim.

Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) offers loans of up to £5m delivered by the British Business Bank and will be launching w/c 23 March. This scheme is available for loans, overdrafts, invoice and asset facilities.

Loans and overdrafts are applied for via your bank (over 40 banks have signed up so far), with the Government guaranteeing 80% of the facility to give lenders the confidence of support. The Government will not be charging borrowers or banks for the guarantee. The loans and overdraft can be interest-free for the first six months with the Government covering the interest costs. The maximum value of the facility under this scheme will be £5m (which has already increased from £1.2m).

To be eligible for CBILS, the small business must:
Be UK based, with a turnover of no more than £41 million per annum
Operate within an eligible industrial sector
Be able to confirm that they have not received de minimis State aid beyond €200,000 equivalent over the current and previous two fiscal years
Have a sound borrowing proposal, but insufficient security to meet the lender’s requirements
Full eligibility criteria will be published shortly

How to claim for these various support packages
Retail, hospitality & leisure rate relief — Enquiries should be directed to your relevant local authority who will be given guidance on the 20 March.
Statutory Sick Pay — Maintain records and await correspondence on how the mechanism to reclaim from the Government shortly.
Small businesses that receive small business or rural rate relief — £10,000 one-off grant to support with business costs. You will be contacted by your local authority (you do not need to apply). Funding will be provided to the local authorities in early April. Further guidance will follow.
COVID-19 Interruption Loan — Launching w/c 23 March, can be applied for via your bank.
HMRC Time To Pay — For COVID-19 related cases, there is a dedicated support line — 0800 0159 559.
Please reach out to us if you have concerns or questions. This is an ever-evolving situation, but we are here to help.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 15:05]

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 15:04 - Mar 19 with 704 viewsmonytowbray

Three Wise Monkeys.... on 15:03 - Mar 19 by Lord_Lucan

From my accountants - you can pass to your friends. Hope it helps.

Insurance concerns
Businesses that have cover for both pandemics and Government-ordered closure should be covered; the Government and insurance industry confirmed on 17 March that advice to avoid pubs, theatres etc. is sufficient to make a claim.

Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) offers loans of up to £5m delivered by the British Business Bank and will be launching w/c 23 March. This scheme is available for loans, overdrafts, invoice and asset facilities.

Loans and overdrafts are applied for via your bank (over 40 banks have signed up so far), with the Government guaranteeing 80% of the facility to give lenders the confidence of support. The Government will not be charging borrowers or banks for the guarantee. The loans and overdraft can be interest-free for the first six months with the Government covering the interest costs. The maximum value of the facility under this scheme will be £5m (which has already increased from £1.2m).

To be eligible for CBILS, the small business must:
Be UK based, with a turnover of no more than £41 million per annum
Operate within an eligible industrial sector
Be able to confirm that they have not received de minimis State aid beyond €200,000 equivalent over the current and previous two fiscal years
Have a sound borrowing proposal, but insufficient security to meet the lender’s requirements
Full eligibility criteria will be published shortly

How to claim for these various support packages
Retail, hospitality & leisure rate relief — Enquiries should be directed to your relevant local authority who will be given guidance on the 20 March.
Statutory Sick Pay — Maintain records and await correspondence on how the mechanism to reclaim from the Government shortly.
Small businesses that receive small business or rural rate relief — £10,000 one-off grant to support with business costs. You will be contacted by your local authority (you do not need to apply). Funding will be provided to the local authorities in early April. Further guidance will follow.
COVID-19 Interruption Loan — Launching w/c 23 March, can be applied for via your bank.
HMRC Time To Pay — For COVID-19 related cases, there is a dedicated support line — 0800 0159 559.
Please reach out to us if you have concerns or questions. This is an ever-evolving situation, but we are here to help.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 15:05]

Will chuck it over! Cheers.

Just saw today's death count :(

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024