Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Supermarket Shopping Recommendations 21:54 - Mar 19 with 1046 viewsJimmyJazz

As in i'm hoping for some for the weekend

Nipped into the Sainsbury's in the Town Centre after work, so just before 6pm. Shelves very bare, so obviously shopping after work on Friday is unlikely to be fruitful

So when are where is what i'm wondering? Do I sacrifice the Saturday lie in and hit the supermarket queues at 5.30am - seems really drastic. Or do i go at a still early, but more sensible time of about 9am? I feel Saturday's shopping is going to be more busy than ever.

Will the shelves be threadbare even at 9am?

I'm basically looking for fresh goods for the week ahead

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Ipswich Supermarket Shopping Recommendations on 22:00 - Mar 19 with 1015 viewsLord_Lucan

If you have - or have access - to a card the Makro is good for the stuff that isn't available on the shelves - although I haven't been since Saturday so it might have completely changed.

Otherwise as long as you reach the criteria https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/waitrose-limits-food-sales-to-people

On a serious note I would suggest the small independents, they need it and that's where I will be going to.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 22:01]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ipswich Supermarket Shopping Recommendations on 22:00 - Mar 19 with 1014 viewsbluelagos

From what I can tell, am is better than pm. Seems to be staple foods that are short, namely pasta, rice.

The fresh stuff doesnt seem to be short at all from what I've seen. So load up on fresh stuff and anything else is a bonus. That said, the hoarders/panic buyers only need so much pasta etc. and the supermarkets are starting to limit purchases, so would expect the shortages to ease in a week or two.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Ipswich Supermarket Shopping Recommendations on 22:20 - Mar 19 with 955 viewsGuthrum

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ipswich Supermarket Shopping Recommendations on 22:26 - Mar 19 with 940 viewsSarge

Ipswich Supermarket Shopping Recommendations on 22:00 - Mar 19 by bluelagos

From what I can tell, am is better than pm. Seems to be staple foods that are short, namely pasta, rice.

The fresh stuff doesnt seem to be short at all from what I've seen. So load up on fresh stuff and anything else is a bonus. That said, the hoarders/panic buyers only need so much pasta etc. and the supermarkets are starting to limit purchases, so would expect the shortages to ease in a week or two.

Down here in London/Surrey everything is gone. There are some vegetables but fresh meat completely gone as well as pretty much everything in a shelf. Plenty of wine though
Ipswich Supermarket Shopping Recommendations on 22:29 - Mar 19 with 926 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ipswich Supermarket Shopping Recommendations on 22:20 - Mar 19 by Guthrum

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ipswich Supermarket Shopping Recommendations on 23:59 - Mar 19 with 832 viewsstonojnr

Ipswich Supermarket Shopping Recommendations on 22:00 - Mar 19 by bluelagos

Co-ops dont seem to be keeping much fresh stuff, am or pm, they only stock from when they open and between3pm-4pm, but I popped in one at 6pm yesterday and it looked like the place had been filming for an episode of Supermarket sweep there were only condiments and sundries left standing, no fresh fruit, fresh veg, fresh meat, frozen stuff & it doesnt even have a car park its a walk in shop ffs.

whilst staff at Tescos are reporting "customers" are shouting abuse at them for the shortages, its ridiculous imo and I cant see it abating, its been going on for over a week now the people panic buying at the start, are now back for 2nds, 3rds, 4ths.

what the supermarkets should do is publish numbers on the amounts of stuff theyve sold because I bet they are 4 maybe even 5 times higher than normal sales, just so that people understand they are massively over buying stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024