Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sports watch 15:56 - Mar 27 with 1618 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Hi All,
Any recommendations? Ideally I'd like to be able to track heart rate, blood pressure and potentially body fat percentage.

Sports watch on 16:00 - Mar 27 with 1592 viewsNewcyBlue

A sports watch won’t accurately track BF%

A sports watch won’t accurately measure BP

A sports watch won’t accurately measure heart rate, they vary from watch to watch depending on the sensor they use.

For BF% just buy a decent set of scales that measure this. The number won’t matter as much as the tendency e.g. numbers going up or down.

Heart rate, the top end watches have better sensors.

Blood pressure, this can only accurately be measured with a blood pressure cuff.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Sports watch on 16:32 - Mar 27 with 1544 viewsPecker

Apple watch does most things.
Sports watch on 17:18 - Mar 27 with 1520 viewsMullet

For body fat get a set of calipers - they're far cheaper and consistent. But your best measure is the mirror. Unless you're measuring something medical or doing bodybuilding comps to get to single digit % it's a bit of a con to focus on it in my opinion.

Loads of decent heart rate monitors which you get a band around the chest and a watch to display and download it. Think mine cost less than £50.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sports watch on 10:53 - Jun 6 with 623 viewsunbelievablue

Did you get anything in the end?

I've got an Apple Watch which has been decent for sleep tracking and movement and HR, but not too much else.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Sports watch on 12:41 - Jun 6 with 561 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sports watch on 10:53 - Jun 6 by unbelievablue

Did you get anything in the end?

I've got an Apple Watch which has been decent for sleep tracking and movement and HR, but not too much else.

Yep I got an Apple Watch too. Does what I need it to do, which is basically track my runs and then I probably wear it once a week or so just to monitor my heart rate generally.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024