Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great quote about PRP here 12:12 - Apr 3 with 3359 viewsBluefish

He’s such a calming influence, a real thinker,” said Smith. “There have been so many times where we’ve had a frustrating first half, then he’s tweaked things around at half-time, given a great team talk and we’ve gone on to be brilliant and win the game.

Obviously it isn't about Shambert, can you imagine anyone ever taking about him like that?

Really good interview with Smith btw, the quote is obviously about Culverhouse. The manager behind the Lambert distant success
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 12:14]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Great quote about PRP here on 23:51 - Apr 3 with 399 viewsHerbivore

Great quote about PRP here on 23:46 - Apr 3 by pistonbroke

The position he came in on was he was never gonna keep us up no one could of not even mick with that piss poor squad , he’s only realistic target was to get us back up , although it seems unlikely we would of , which I agree he should be gone for , but realistically he has not failed if the season is void , one thing in he’s defence , we could quite easily won 7 of the 8 we had left , the only hard one was donny away , I don’t think we would of but at the end of the day if the season is void then he has not failed he’s objective , true or false

Mental.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Great quote about PRP here on 23:53 - Apr 3 with 399 viewsHerbivore

Great quote about PRP here on 23:27 - Apr 3 by bluebud

Agreed.

The other thing which has worried me is when he said he didn't learn much football....that's a problem with our young team. Lambert had Holt, Hoolahan etc etc, they were a team of players already...not many youngsters at all I reckon.

We don't have many youngsters either, not playing regularly anyway. Only Woolfie and Downes, both of whom had a season of senior football under their belts prior to this season. Only a handful of sides have given fewer minutes to youngsters than us in League 1 this season.

Great quote about PRP here on 23:57 - Apr 3 with 396 viewspistonbroke

Great quote about PRP here on 23:51 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

Mental.

So has he failed yes or no , it ain’t that hard surely
Great quote about PRP here on 00:00 - Apr 4 with 391 viewspistonbroke

Great quote about PRP here on 23:57 - Apr 3 by pistonbroke

Or to put it in layman’s terms if the season is null and void has he failed he’s objectives
Great quote about PRP here on 00:02 - Apr 4 with 387 viewsHerbivore

Great quote about PRP here on 23:57 - Apr 3 by pistonbroke

Yes.

Great quote about PRP here on 00:14 - Apr 4 with 383 viewspistonbroke

Great quote about PRP here on 00:02 - Apr 4 by Herbivore

Yes.

Ok tell me how if the season is void then he has failed he’s targets
Great quote about PRP here on 00:34 - Apr 4 with 381 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Great quote about PRP here on 23:27 - Apr 3 by bluebud

Agreed.

The other thing which has worried me is when he said he didn't learn much football....that's a problem with our young team. Lambert had Holt, Hoolahan etc etc, they were a team of players already...not many youngsters at all I reckon.

I agree, he had a really good spine there in League 1 - Fraser Forster/ Russell Martin/ Wes Hoolahan/ Grant Holt. It’s a good core group to build around.

I have stated on here and presume it is widely accepted he’s not a tactician, he’s a man motivator, but you can only bang the drum for so long before players will get sick of hearing the same tune with no success.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 0:34]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Great quote about PRP here on 02:27 - Apr 4 with 375 viewsJDB23

Great quote about PRP here on 22:30 - Apr 3 by bluebud

Some more fuel for fires

askou on Lambert

“He was a real leader. A winner. I didn’t learn a lot of football in the two years I was there. Tactically, we didn’t do a lot of work on how to build up against certain systems. We played the same and focused on mentality and performance.
“Ian was always in charge of the coaching. Almost all of it. The gaffer came in if he wasn’t happy with the performances.

“The training was good. Ian was a great coach, he was fun, he was energetic, well-prepared and a nice guy. You could see he cared about the players and put an effort in.”

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/askou-reflects-on-his-norwich-city-career-in

Don't think anything we've seen in the year and a half Lambert has been here contradicts that, he is clueless tactically.

I think in a lot of cases managers don't actually take charge of training, they leave it to the coaches which means you need a really good coaching team around you. I like Stuart Taylor but he comes across as just another Lambert, not sure what technical knowledge he brings to the team. We just need a full clear out of the staff if we want to progress imo.
Login to get fewer ads

Great quote about PRP here on 05:09 - Apr 4 with 359 viewsdavblue

Great quote about PRP here on 14:05 - Apr 3 by BrixtonBlue

Who said KVY is the answer to all of our problems and he alone is going to make us suddenly create 4 or 5 good chances a game, defend better?

O yeah, no-one. Ever.

Your wrong. I’ve seen a lot of comments on here about how if we had KVY the season would have been very different, pinning hopes on his return and we will suddenly be a really good side.

Great that you have scanned every single post from this season though and you know this.
Great quote about PRP here on 09:26 - Apr 4 with 333 viewsHerbivore

Great quote about PRP here on 00:14 - Apr 4 by pistonbroke

Ok tell me how if the season is void then he has failed he’s targets

You asked if he'd failed. I said yes. You've now changed that to a more specific question of whether he's failed to meet his targets this season if the season is voided. It's a hypothetical and somewhat irrelevant question. It is evident to anyone who has followed Lambert's 18 months here that he has failed at his job. He took us down without a fight and has totally ballsed up this season too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024