Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current Lockdown until end of May at the earliest 13:20 - Apr 4 with 2800 viewsElderGrizzly

And that is only if:
- we ramp up testing to levels seen in South Korea/Singapore
- everyone obeys the existing lockdown

My view is the majority will be out of lockdown BY the end of May on 13:10 - Apr 5 with 324 viewsElderGrizzly

My view is the majority will be out of lockdown BY the end of May on 12:16 - Apr 5 by unstableblue

That is 7 weeks away.

I think the elderly and those identified as at risk will be asked to continue to self isolate. These have already been identified and communicated to by the government.

The lockdown all relates to NHS capacity and not reaching a point where too many difficult choices need to be made who gets life saving care.

Capacity is now relatively healthy, and is continuing to be ramped up, my gut feel is we won’t hit a crisis in this round. Albeit NHS staff are and will be pushed too hard, and contingency is required in medical staff.

In those 7 weeks we’ll see a transformation in testing but also technologies to map people’s contact and movement, as per some of the Asian countries now freeing up.

The reality, and my point, is that we cannot economically handle 9-10 weeks of no production, trade, service beyond a few sectors. Furloughing is ramping up hugely. And people simply do not have savings for 2 months + without full income, even with government support (that in parallel will cripple the government finances). Pretty much all capital spend in UK plc has stopped, which is incredible.

Big difference between 2 weeks and 10 weeks. 3million furlough estimate from government, more like 6 to 10m.

Hancock is admitting this morning they won’t have enough ventilators for the peak. We need 18,000 and we’ll be 6,000 short.
Current Lockdown until end of May at the earliest on 13:17 - Apr 5 with 305 viewsmrshallisfit

Current Lockdown until end of May at the earliest on 13:23 - Apr 4 by Edmundo

Are you the Chief Medical Officer? Thought not. Jog on.

Are you a poorly informed dumbf@#k? Yes, thought so. Jog on.
Current Lockdown until end of May at the earliest on 17:53 - Apr 5 with 230 viewsEwan_Oozami

Current Lockdown until end of May at the earliest on 11:54 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

I was expecting that to end with a paradiddle

A quick flam followed by a 5 stroke roll...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024