Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore 09:48 - Apr 14 with 4557 viewsArnieM

This 99yr old Army Veteran has now raised IN EXCESS of £1.1m for the NHS ( his goal was to raise just a £1k !!) by walking 10 laps a day round his garden on his frame , hoping to reach 100 laps by the time he reaches his 100th Birthday at the end of the month. He has achieved this in just one week!

This man epitomises everything that is great about this Country 🇬🇧 . Well done Sir 👍🌈🌈

Anyone wanting To contribute go to Just giving Tom Moore 👍
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 9:49]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 09:56 - Apr 16 with 829 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 09:28 - Apr 16 by Swailsey

Go on, I'll bite.

What could possibly be bad about this story?

Is the proposed knighthood for being ex military, walking up and down his yard 100 times, being nearly 100, for having gone 'viral or for making us feel better about ourselves?
#sentimentalisttosh
#breadandcircuses
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 9:58]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:02 - Apr 16 with 817 viewsLord_Lucan

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 09:42 - Apr 16 by Swailsey

Sure. But no one on here is congratulating the news or even mentioning their coverage in a positive light.

Let's just enjoy the fact that Tom and the public have come together surely?

Only on TWTD can something like this cause an argument.

Good luck to the old chap, I'd buy him a pint of Spitfire if the pubs were open.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:06 - Apr 16 with 804 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:02 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

Only on TWTD can something like this cause an argument.

Good luck to the old chap, I'd buy him a pint of Spitfire if the pubs were open.

No argument that I can see....all good, but a knighthood!! I will get him the pint after yours.

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:07 - Apr 16 with 804 viewsSwailsey

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 09:56 - Apr 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is the proposed knighthood for being ex military, walking up and down his yard 100 times, being nearly 100, for having gone 'viral or for making us feel better about ourselves?
#sentimentalisttosh
#breadandcircuses

I think it's just a bit of light fluff to make a 100 year old man happy.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 10:07]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:08 - Apr 16 with 799 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:07 - Apr 16 by Swailsey

Queeny's gonna be busy then!

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:09 - Apr 16 with 800 viewsLord_Lucan

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:06 - Apr 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

No argument that I can see....all good, but a knighthood!! I will get him the pint after yours.

A Knighthood is all a bit daft, jingotastic.

Mind you when you look at who else has received them..........................................................

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:10 - Apr 16 with 793 viewsEdwardStone

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:07 - Apr 16 by Swailsey

Liz is going to be "fluffing" Capt Tom???

Really???

Wow!!! we do live in interesting times

[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 10:21]
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:10 - Apr 16 with 791 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:09 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

Mind you when you look at who else has received them..........................................................

Well that was a sh1t argument I'll have to try harder!

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:14 - Apr 16 with 778 viewsLord_Lucan

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:10 - Apr 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well that was a sh1t argument I'll have to try harder!

I can't get involved with any heated debates, I've got a lot of work on at the moment.

Busy busy.

It's an ill Covid wind that blows nobody any good

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 12:21 - Apr 16 with 706 viewssolemio

Walk finished, Guard of Honour from the Yorkshire Regiment and £13m raised so far.
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 12:48 - Apr 16 with 697 viewsArnieM

What’s the difference between Sir Bob Geldoph bring knighted for his efforts with Band Aid ( using his considerable list of contacts ), and an Army veteran who despite his age has attempted to raise money for a British service, (with little or no contacts) , Single handily , and proportionally has probably raised far more money than Geldoph with all his contacts ?

The fact that some individuals on here appear happy to “ trash “ Tom Moore’s efforts says more about their generation than that of Capt. Tom Moore’s !

All I can say is thank god we haven’t got another WW because with the “ calibre” of some individuals in here , we’d lose it in the first week !!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 12:55 - Apr 16 with 691 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 12:48 - Apr 16 by ArnieM

What’s the difference between Sir Bob Geldoph bring knighted for his efforts with Band Aid ( using his considerable list of contacts ), and an Army veteran who despite his age has attempted to raise money for a British service, (with little or no contacts) , Single handily , and proportionally has probably raised far more money than Geldoph with all his contacts ?

The fact that some individuals on here appear happy to “ trash “ Tom Moore’s efforts says more about their generation than that of Capt. Tom Moore’s !

All I can say is thank god we haven’t got another WW because with the “ calibre” of some individuals in here , we’d lose it in the first week !!

Is the answer that Bob Geldoff is a w@nker?

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 13:10 - Apr 16 with 685 viewsSwailsey

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 12:55 - Apr 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is the answer that Bob Geldoff is a w@nker?

Lock the thread. Perfect.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 13:47 - Apr 16 with 660 viewsBrixtonBlue

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:06 - Apr 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

These are the sorts of people honours should be going to, rather than actors and pop stars doing their job. I think people would have a lot more respect for the honours system (and would encourage others to do good things) if they went to ordinary people doing extraordinary things like this.

Can't really see why you'd have an issue with it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 15:00 - Apr 16 with 630 viewsjeera

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:09 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

People who can run really fast or jump over high things.

I've never understood it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 15:08 - Apr 16 with 626 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 13:47 - Apr 16 by BrixtonBlue

These are the sorts of people honours should be going to, rather than actors and pop stars doing their job. I think people would have a lot more respect for the honours system (and would encourage others to do good things) if they went to ordinary people doing extraordinary things like this.

Can't really see why you'd have an issue with it.

He is very old and walked up and down his garden...that could be a lot of honours being dished out.
Not sure I have an "issue" though, just thoughts.

Edit...what the heck, give everybody that donated an honour too...have an honour love in.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 15:10]

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 15:44 - Apr 16 with 614 viewsMercian

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 15:08 - Apr 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

He is very old and walked up and down his garden...that could be a lot of honours being dished out.

Edit...what the heck, give everybody that donated an honour too...have an honour love in.

It's doesn't matter how and why he did it, he did. £16,000,000 and counting. Perhaps he should not have bothered. Terry Wogan got knighted for similar and he used to take a 7 grand payment every time he hosted Red Nose Day or Children in need.
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 17:00 - Apr 16 with 594 viewsLeaky

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 09:56 - Apr 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

#sentimentalisttosh
#breadandcircuses

Well look at Sam Smith crying about being isolated in a mansion. Who would give a knighthood to
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 20:42 - Apr 16 with 560 viewsBrixtonBlue

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 15:08 - Apr 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

You clearly do have an issue. The bloke's 100 and is doing 100 laps of his garden every day, not just your belittling "walked up and down his garden". You'll be lucky if you're still breathing at 100 let alone doing laps of the garden. He's probably doing the most that he can, to honour those who helped him when he needed it.

Really don't understand your problem with honouring a remarkable achievement. Such a lovely story, I'm amazed anyone could find a negative spin on it.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 21:05 - Apr 16 with 548 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 20:42 - Apr 16 by BrixtonBlue

You clearly do have an issue. The bloke's 100 and is doing 100 laps of his garden every day, not just your belittling "walked up and down his garden". You'll be lucky if you're still breathing at 100 let alone doing laps of the garden. He's probably doing the most that he can, to honour those who helped him when he needed it.

Really don't understand your problem with honouring a remarkable achievement. Such a lovely story, I'm amazed anyone could find a negative spin on it.

100 a day hey Dollers!

Edit re the "you'll be lucky" bit....I won't be!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 21:06]

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 18:36 - Apr 17 with 483 viewsEdwardStone

1836 on 17th April

Just shy of £20 mill and rising

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 20:07 - Apr 17 with 469 viewsMarinerisGod

DWP have just said he is definitely fit for work and require him to go back on monday

Being Deadpool for real.
Poll: Best McCarthy

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 20:30 - Apr 17 with 455 viewsAce_High1

£20m now, what a hero!
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 21:24 - Apr 17 with 443 viewsBrixtonBlue

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 21:05 - Apr 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

100 a day hey Dollers!

Edit re the "you'll be lucky" bit....I won't be!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 21:06]

Sorry, 100 before his 100th birthday. What a fool I've been. The lazy c.nut.

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 21:30 - Apr 17 with 435 viewsvapour_trail

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 12:48 - Apr 16 by ArnieM

Always amuses me when people generalise in terms of generations, what a load of absolute bo11ocks.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024