Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) 10:50 - Apr 17 with 1388 viewsITFC_Forever

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 12:03 - Apr 17 with 1322 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Has bitten his last leg.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 12:43 - Apr 17 with 1281 viewsPJH

Just seen that on the BBC website.

I started a thread a few days ago when he went into hospital hoping that he would pull through.

RIP Norman and thank you for being part of a Leeds team that I loved to watch.
You are now reunited with skipper Billy Bremner.
RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 13:05 - Apr 17 with 1244 viewsRadlett_blue

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 12:43 - Apr 17 by PJH

Just seen that on the BBC website.

I started a thread a few days ago when he went into hospital hoping that he would pull through.

RIP Norman and thank you for being part of a Leeds team that I loved to watch.
You are now reunited with skipper Billy Bremner.

I didn't like watching that Leeds team, although I liked Hunter, who was seen as hard but straightforward & was generally well respected by his fellow professionals - hence he won the inaugural PFA "Player of the Year" award in 1974.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 13:46 - Apr 17 with 1185 viewsjaykay

they were a great team. only weak link in that side was gary sprake. they got a bad press from the southern editions of the press.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 15:00]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 15:50 - Apr 17 with 1128 viewsWeWereZombies

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 13:46 - Apr 17 by jaykay

they were a great team. only weak link in that side was gary sprake. they got a bad press from the southern editions of the press.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 15:00]

Johnny Glies was one of the most creative midfielders ever, he even seemed out of place in what often appeared to be a cynical Leeds side. But the players are moulded into a team by the manager so I think we can put the 'bad press' mainly at Don Revie's feet. PJH's appreciation of Norman Hunter is going to force me to re-evaluate the player.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 15:53 - Apr 17 with 1123 viewsRadlett_blue

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 15:50 - Apr 17 by WeWereZombies

Johnny Glies was one of the most creative midfielders ever, he even seemed out of place in what often appeared to be a cynical Leeds side. But the players are moulded into a team by the manager so I think we can put the 'bad press' mainly at Don Revie's feet. PJH's appreciation of Norman Hunter is going to force me to re-evaluate the player.

Though a skilful player, John Giles was quite a "hard nut" in his own right, while more subtle about it than some others. However, dealing with physical intimidation & also dishing it out has always been part of being a professional footballer.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 16:14 - Apr 17 with 1116 viewsfactual_blue

Have a read of The Damned United.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 16:29 - Apr 17 with 1107 viewsWeWereZombies

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 16:14 - Apr 17 by factual_blue

I know Brian Clough had it in for him, but I will judge him by what I saw on the field if you don't mind.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 18:29 - Apr 17 with 1055 viewsPJH

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 16:29 - Apr 17 by WeWereZombies

I know Brian Clough had it in for him, but I will judge him by what I saw on the field if you don't mind.

Brian Clough at Leeds was not unlike Paul Hurst at Ipswich.

Difference was that Clough was generally pretty good at his job but he went about the Leeds thing very much the wrong way. Like Hurst at Ipswich Leeds appointing Clough was a huge mistake.
RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 18:46 - Apr 17 with 1048 viewsjaykay

again i think cynical leeds is a misnomer, when you have the gray brothers , paul madeley,
paul cooper, mick jones and peter lorimer , who could never be classed as dirty players.
sniffer clarke, big jack and billy bremner were into the dark arts.
add reaney, cherry to the first list.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 18:49 - Apr 17 with 1046 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hard as nails but a gent off the pitch. RIP Norman "bites yer legs" Hunter.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 00:24 - Apr 18 with 969 viewsRyorry

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 18:49 - Apr 17 by GlasgowBlue

Hard as nails but a gent off the pitch. RIP Norman "bites yer legs" Hunter.

Yes he was, I had the privilege of meeting him once and having quite a long chat with him after the show when he appeared in a 1-man slot at Ilkley Lit Fest a few years back.

A true gentle man, and one of the most charming I've ever met. Fabulous sense of humour too.

He said he & Bremner had their own 'rotation policy' for hard tackling of opponents!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 23:53 - Apr 18 with 859 viewsRyorry

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 16:14 - Apr 17 by factual_blue

'The Damned United' film is about to start on BBC1 TV (originally billed as a 23.45 start but they're running late, by about 10? mins I think, last of the 3 re-run golden oldie MoTDs just ko'd).

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 00:59 - Apr 19 with 842 viewsRyorry

RIP Norman Hunter. (n/t) on 23:53 - Apr 18 by Ryorry

'The Damned United' film is about to start on BBC1 TV (originally billed as a 23.45 start but they're running late, by about 10? mins I think, last of the 3 re-run golden oldie MoTDs just ko'd).

Martin Sheen has to be the top mimic of his generation - astonishingly like Cloughie, and also as Chris Tarrant a few days ago.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024