Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National League vote to deem season finished 13:50 - Apr 22 with 1098 viewsPinewoodblue

Question of promotion and relegation under timely consideration.

EFL need to do the same.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

National League vote to deem season finished on 13:59 - Apr 22 with 1062 viewsChrisd

We're no further forward really, a decision needs to be made ultimately, but it's solely down to potential loss of money for clubs that is hindering any final decision regarding promotion or relegation. Well that's how I see it.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 14:01]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

National League vote to deem season finished on 14:19 - Apr 22 with 1023 viewsPinewoodblue

National League vote to deem season finished on 13:59 - Apr 22 by Chrisd

We're no further forward really, a decision needs to be made ultimately, but it's solely down to potential loss of money for clubs that is hindering any final decision regarding promotion or relegation. Well that's how I see it.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 14:01]

Logic says end season today, no play offs so one less relegated.

Plan to start next season on time.

2023 year of destiny

National League vote to deem season finished on 14:26 - Apr 22 with 1012 viewsRadlett_blue

National League vote to deem season finished on 14:19 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

I don't think Leeds or WBA will take that lying down, will they?
And if we were in Coventry City's position, there would be a melt-down on this board.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

National League vote to deem season finished on 14:31 - Apr 22 with 999 viewsPinewoodblue

National League vote to deem season finished on 14:26 - Apr 22 by Radlett_blue

And if we were in Coventry City's position, there would be a melt-down on this board.

Think you misread my comment. Fans of all three clubs would be celebrating. Only if Premier League don’t declare the season null and void.

Aston Villa are the only team likely to upset the apple cart, bring 2 pts behind Bournemouth but having 2 games in hand.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 14:34]

2023 year of destiny

National League vote to deem season finished on 14:50 - Apr 22 with 966 viewsRadlett_blue

National League vote to deem season finished on 14:31 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

Think you misread my comment. Fans of all three clubs would be celebrating. Only if Premier League don’t declare the season null and void.

Aston Villa are the only team likely to upset the apple cart, bring 2 pts behind Bournemouth but having 2 games in hand.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 14:34]

Ahh..yes. The season could be ended & the table decided by average points/game, which would be as fair as anything that might be possible. Villa have played only 1 game less; they & Bournemouth will be relegated along with the Budgies. The only thing that might mollify them could be bumping up the parachute payments for 1 season.

National League vote to deem season finished on 15:29 - Apr 22 with 940 viewsIpswichKnight

It's much easier to deem the season finished and look to potentially start the new season first week of September ( probably behind closed doors but we will see on that ). Scrap the Leasing.com trophy and the league cup for a season and only play the FA Cup ( so we can go out before Xmas ! ).

You either have to go on a points per game average or declare the entire season void. declaring it void is probably the best way to go though i'm sure me learned friends would enjoy the social distancing at court to decide if it was fair or not!
National League vote to deem season finished on 15:42 - Apr 22 with 916 viewsbournemouthblue

National League vote to deem season finished on 14:26 - Apr 22 by Radlett_blue

From a totally selfish point of view

Null and void buys Norwich another season of Premiership football for being the worst side, I mean honestly if that happens, it would just be the sort of luck which befalls the Budgies

Everything in the last decade has fallen for them

The contrast between them and us since 2003 onwards has been light and day. There's no question that the luck has almost always been on their side in that time. Yes, you make your own luck but they seem to get a lot more luck than most.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

National League vote to deem season finished on 16:03 - Apr 22 with 885 viewsVaughan8

National League vote to deem season finished on 14:19 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

How does logic say end the season today? In fact I think that's probably the worst situation in terms of teams complaining.

And who says we are going start the next season on time (Start of August). We have 3 months. I can't see how it can go from social distancing to having £1000's of people all together? Unless you mean start the season behind closed doors?

I think the higher up you go the more there are going to be suing galore unless the season gets finished.

Personally I think the season should finish and do whatever you can with 20/21 season as and when this season is finished.
Login to get fewer ads

National League vote to deem season finished on 16:05 - Apr 22 with 879 viewsChrisd

National League vote to deem season finished on 15:42 - Apr 22 by bournemouthblue

From a totally selfish point of view

Null and void buys Norwich another season of Premiership football for being the worst side, I mean honestly if that happens, it would just be the sort of luck which befalls the Budgies

Everything in the last decade has fallen for them

The contrast between them and us since 2003 onwards has been light and day. There's no question that the luck has almost always been on their side in that time. Yes, you make your own luck but they seem to get a lot more luck than most.

Yes, but lets not forget for all the Budgies luck, we've made some god awful footballing decisions over that time too.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

National League vote to deem season finished on 16:23 - Apr 22 with 853 viewsRadlett_blue

National League vote to deem season finished on 16:05 - Apr 22 by Chrisd

Yes, but lets not forget for all the Budgies luck, we've made some god awful footballing decisions over that time too.

Appointing Keane & then Jewell would be by far the biggest of those mistakes.

National League vote to deem season finished on 16:40 - Apr 22 with 828 viewsIpswichKnight

National League vote to deem season finished on 16:05 - Apr 22 by Chrisd

Everytime we get a slim chance to make a correct decision ME goes Nah reckon I won't bother and go for another dud manager.

To avoid some of the legal challenges season declared over on points per game, 3 up and 3 down for PL, Championship and L1 4 up and 4 down for L2 and 2 up and 2 down for conference no play-offs. Whatever happens me learned friend will be the winners.
National League vote to deem season finished on 16:45 - Apr 22 with 821 viewsjonbull88

National League vote to deem season finished on 16:03 - Apr 22 by Vaughan8

How does logic say end the season today? In fact I think that's probably the worst situation in terms of teams complaining.

And who says we are going start the next season on time (Start of August). We have 3 months. I can't see how it can go from social distancing to having £1000's of people all together? Unless you mean start the season behind closed doors?

I think the higher up you go the more there are going to be suing galore unless the season gets finished.

Personally I think the season should finish and do whatever you can with 20/21 season as and when this season is finished.

I agree, for me there seems to be too much panicking to finish this season, which I can’t understand why as I expect most of next season to be behind closed doors still, why not just finish this season first and worry about next season at some later date. At the end of the day atm they’re taking about the champions league finishing at the end of August so we’ve got loads of time.

Also voiding the season who replaces bury? They’ve got to promote one team at least from L2 and down and if you can’t void the season the results get expunged, meaning whoever’s top can’t go up. Flip side you can’t promote a team and not have full results imo
National League vote to deem season finished on 17:33 - Apr 22 with 790 viewsPinewoodblue

National League vote to deem season finished on 15:29 - Apr 22 by IpswichKnight

It's much easier to deem the season finished and look to potentially start the new season first week of September ( probably behind closed doors but we will see on that ). Scrap the Leasing.com trophy and the league cup for a season and only play the FA Cup ( so we can go out before Xmas ! ).

You either have to go on a points per game average or declare the entire season void. declaring it void is probably the best way to go though i'm sure me learned friends would enjoy the social distancing at court to decide if it was fair or not!

The F A cup is a bigger problem than the League Cup as the first games are usually at the beginning of August.

2023 year of destiny

National League vote to deem season finished on 18:53 - Apr 22 with 749 viewsRadlett_blue

National League vote to deem season finished on 17:33 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

The F A cup is a bigger problem than the League Cup as the first games are usually at the beginning of August.

Again, not a hard decision to scrap the FA Cup (& definitely scrap the League Cup) for next season, if it ever starts.

National League vote to deem season finished on 22:55 - Apr 22 with 642 viewsMJallday

For me it’s very simple
Suspend everything until September
I
Resume the current season from September and finish in November 2020

Start new season in Dec 2020 finish in June 2021 but shortened season

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024