Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spain lockdown easing 12:13 - Apr 29 with 1011 viewsBarcaBlue

The Spanish government announced their plan for coming out of lockdown yesterday and on first view it's well presented. They have introduced a series of phases leading up to free movement at the end of June. There are caveats of course depending on the stats changing.

I guess there's a good possibility that dates will be moved back but to see a plan and be able to prepare things for my circumstances is really useful. I have a couple of tourist properties in the Pyrenees (mates rates available to twtd users post lockdown of course) so as things stand I can go up there mid-May, rent it to people from the same province at that time and then to the rest of the Spanish public from mid / late June.

I was concerned that restrictions would be lifted in dribs and drabs but to see a plan, even with the obvious caveats, has helped no end.

These are the phases https://elpais.com/sociedad/2020/04/28/actualidad/1588099170_587777.html (in Spanish). Hopefully the UK govt will provide something similar when the time comes.
Spain lockdown easing on 12:18 - Apr 29 with 972 viewsbluelagos

Great news. Am organising a motorbiking trip to the Picos for 6 at the end of Sept so hopefully we can get away. Will need it too, especially if the cycle ride happens :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Spain lockdown easing on 12:27 - Apr 29 with 946 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree, we need some answers. Even cautious timings and a slow phased approach would be nice to know. Just give us light at the end of the tunnel.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Spain lockdown easing on 12:28 - Apr 29 with 942 viewsallezlesbleus

Interested to hear that.

The French announced details about things easing yesterday. However, there are still many grey areas. We will be allowed to travel up to 100km from our homes, but only in the same department (like county in England). I have 2 tourists properties in the next department, so still don't know when I will be able to visit them to check on them and do maintenance / gardening. One is 96kms away and the other is about 125kms, so that could be another issue.

The government are also taking about red and green zones. Red zones would have more restrictions in place, as they would be the departments with higher infection and /or death rates.

For everyone involved in the tourist industry here, July & August is the crunch time. We would expect to take around 60% of our annual income in those 2 months.

I think that for the French, the period from 11 May to 31 May will be a kind of trial period (plus there will be other scenarios from other countries that have started opening up) and then in June they will confirm more long term plans. That is of course, if infection / death rates remain stable and don't shoot back up again, heaven forbid.

The UK, being 1 or 2 weeks behind most of Europe, will at least have more data on which to make an informed decision about easing restrictions.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 12:32]
Spain lockdown easing on 12:30 - Apr 29 with 931 viewsgordon

Spain lockdown easing on 12:18 - Apr 29 by bluelagos

Great news. Am organising a motorbiking trip to the Picos for 6 at the end of Sept so hopefully we can get away. Will need it too, especially if the cycle ride happens :-)

Motorbiking is for pasty fat losers. I thought you were a cyclist.
Spain lockdown easing on 12:34 - Apr 29 with 919 viewsfactual_blue

boris's plan will be not in Spanish, but Latin.

Ita vero

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Spain lockdown easing on 12:43 - Apr 29 with 901 viewsGlasgowBlue

Spain lockdown easing on 12:27 - Apr 29 by J2BLUE

Agree, we need some answers. Even cautious timings and a slow phased approach would be nice to know. Just give us light at the end of the tunnel.

If we are two to three weeks behind Spain then why would we announce a similar plan now, when they are only just announcing theirs today?

I dread us announcing any timetable before we are in a position to do so as it will give a green light to the less responsible members of society.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Spain lockdown easing on 12:44 - Apr 29 with 902 viewsBarcaBlue

Spain lockdown easing on 12:28 - Apr 29 by allezlesbleus

Interested to hear that.

The French announced details about things easing yesterday. However, there are still many grey areas. We will be allowed to travel up to 100km from our homes, but only in the same department (like county in England). I have 2 tourists properties in the next department, so still don't know when I will be able to visit them to check on them and do maintenance / gardening. One is 96kms away and the other is about 125kms, so that could be another issue.

The government are also taking about red and green zones. Red zones would have more restrictions in place, as they would be the departments with higher infection and /or death rates.

For everyone involved in the tourist industry here, July & August is the crunch time. We would expect to take around 60% of our annual income in those 2 months.

I think that for the French, the period from 11 May to 31 May will be a kind of trial period (plus there will be other scenarios from other countries that have started opening up) and then in June they will confirm more long term plans. That is of course, if infection / death rates remain stable and don't shoot back up again, heaven forbid.

The UK, being 1 or 2 weeks behind most of Europe, will at least have more data on which to make an informed decision about easing restrictions.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 12:32]

Agreed, May is going to be a crunch month.

July and August are so important, we have a few bookings already but are reaĺly hoping that with the plan in place we can start to see some more local movement. I haven't seen any mention of non-Spanish travel but fingers crossed for your trip to the Picos BlueLagos, I love that area - absolutely stunning.
Spain lockdown easing on 13:21 - Apr 29 with 839 viewsbluelagos

Spain lockdown easing on 12:30 - Apr 29 by gordon

Motorbiking is for pasty fat losers. I thought you were a cyclist.

I have 8 wheels in the garage, 2 motorbikes, 2 pushbikes :-)

Login to get fewer ads

Spain lockdown easing on 13:24 - Apr 29 with 833 viewsbluelagos

Spain lockdown easing on 12:43 - Apr 29 by GlasgowBlue

If we are two to three weeks behind Spain then why would we announce a similar plan now, when they are only just announcing theirs today?

I dread us announcing any timetable before we are in a position to do so as it will give a green light to the less responsible members of society.

I can see what your saying - but the flip side is if there is a light at the end of the tunnel, then some people will think "Just two more weeks, I can do this" rather than "This is never ending - fck it all"

It's (as ever) a very difficult judgement call.

Spain lockdown easing on 13:55 - Apr 29 with 802 viewsallezlesbleus

Spain lockdown easing on 13:24 - Apr 29 by bluelagos

I can see what your saying - but the flip side is if there is a light at the end of the tunnel, then some people will think "Just two more weeks, I can do this" rather than "This is never ending - fck it all"

It's (as ever) a very difficult judgement call.

BL - That is very true. I have been quite chilled about the lockdown so far, but, after 6 1/2 weeks I am starting to get more frustrated by it. On the one hand we are lucky, because we have a very nice outdoor space and live in the countryside, so it is a perfect place to be on lockdown. On the other hand, we are only allowed out for exercise once per day, for a maximum of 1 hour and only within 1km from home.

I think that if from the outset, had governments said that we are going into lockdown for 8 / 10 or 12 weeks that would have been too much for people to handle. By dealing with it in smaller steps, it is easier to deal with.
Spain lockdown easing on 13:57 - Apr 29 with 795 viewsWeWereZombies

Spain lockdown easing on 13:21 - Apr 29 by bluelagos

I have 8 wheels in the garage, 2 motorbikes, 2 pushbikes :-)

And you're still rolling along

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Spain lockdown easing on 14:01 - Apr 29 with 787 viewsbluelagos

Spain lockdown easing on 13:57 - Apr 29 by WeWereZombies

And you're still rolling along

The motorbikes are going to get trashed to fck when we get to do social rides again :-)

Spain lockdown easing on 14:04 - Apr 29 with 774 viewsWeWereZombies

Spain lockdown easing on 14:01 - Apr 29 by bluelagos

The motorbikes are going to get trashed to fck when we get to do social rides again :-)

I was going to post 'but at least the Cherokees won't be after you', but there is a model of the Harley called the Cherokee, isn't there?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Spain lockdown easing on 14:08 - Apr 29 with 769 viewsbluelagos

Spain lockdown easing on 14:04 - Apr 29 by WeWereZombies

I was going to post 'but at least the Cherokees won't be after you', but there is a model of the Harley called the Cherokee, isn't there?

Fiik. Unlike my footie team, when it comes to bikes, I don't do tractors :-)

Spain lockdown easing on 14:16 - Apr 29 with 754 viewsJ2BLUE

Spain lockdown easing on 12:43 - Apr 29 by GlasgowBlue

Fair points. Well made.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024